Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: vijay

The problem was not of PNG or JPG. 

There was a bug which was causing this issue as the forum name had "&" in the title and it was not getting correctly parsed in the url.

We have fixed the issue now.

Regards,

Vijay

Ooh, thanks!

Should I change the & to "and" then? 

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: DelusionsOfNeha

Ooh, thanks!

Should I change the & to "and" then? 

Its fine not required.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Its fine not required.

Alright! One of my forum has a "β„’" that is fine too, right?

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: DelusionsOfNeha

Alright! One of my forum has a "β„’" that is fine too, right?

It should be fine. Still you can test. 

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

It should be fine. Still you can test. 

I changed its banner around the same time today and it worked fine. 

IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Hmm somehow I'm not hung up on the idea of private forums overall. I understand that the basic premise is of introducting new topics to discuss about in privacy which have a limited number of users but there are some pitfalls to it as well. 

1. The lack of moderation will make it difficult to keep track of whether there's some bullying/back biting by one group against an individual or another group. I can already see some chat groups where members ask others to come to the private forum to back bite against a particular group. This leads to the lack of democratization and transparency with regard to access to content and moderation. 

2. I can already see that since this feature is introduced the content and number of topics has already come down in a number of fora including the most popular ones like Bollywood forum. Makes it difficult for people like me to be engaged when I'm not involved in a private forum of my own, lol. I just want to stalk content across forums in peace πŸ˜­πŸ€£

Edited by Amri_IF - 1 years ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Amri_IF

Hmm somehow I'm not hung up on the idea of private forums overall. I understand that the basic premise is of introducting new topics to discuss about in privacy which have limited number of users but there are some pitfalls to it as well. 

1. The lack of moderation will make it difficult to keep track of whether there's some bullying/back biting by one group against an individual or another group. I can already see some chat groups where members ask others to come to the private forum to back bite against a particular group. This leads to the lack of democratization and transparency with regard to access to content and moderation. 

2. I can already see that since this feature is introduced the content and number of topics has already come down in a number of fora including the most popular ones like Bollywood forum. Makes it difficult for people like me to be engaged when I'm not involved in a private forum of my own, lol. I just want to stalk content across forums in peace πŸ˜­πŸ€£

I don't think any public forum has been affected, even if they have it was just temporary when this feature was new. The private forums are already dead. I don't think BWF being quieter than before has anything to do with Private Forums.

IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: evilxbalaa

I don't think any public forum has been affected, even if they have it was just temporary when this feature was new. The private forums are already dead. I don't think BWF being quieter than before has anything to do with Private Forums.

I agree that the Bolly forum is already seeing lesser topics and users as compared to even five years ago when it was buzzing with activity. Notwithstanding the general decline in the quality of Bolly movies, it's  also to do with people choosing other sites like Twitter, Reddit etc,. which are 100 times more active and have a wider audience to broadcast your opinions to. 

But that's precisely the point, isn't it? We can flock to those sites but the reason we continue coming here is because of the forum format which makes it easier to see bigger and detailed posts on topics we like and the fact that it's a free for all thing where we have unhindered access to all content. The minute someone oversteps, the moderators come in. The fact that we are limiting access to certain users and keeping others out is worrisome considering that the quantum of users is definitely lesser than other social media sites. 

And I'll have to take your word for the fact that private forums are on the decline... Coz I'm not on any of them πŸ˜”πŸ₯±πŸ˜†

MochaQueen thumbnail

I agree that the Bolly forum is already seeing lesser topics and users as compared to even five years ago when it was buzzing with activity. Notwithstanding the general decline in the quality of Bolly movies, it's  also to do with people choosing other sites like Twitter, Reddit etc,. which are 100 times more active and have a wider audience to broadcast your opinions to. 

But that's precisely the point, isn't it? We can flock to those sites but the reason we continue coming here is because of the forum format which makes it easier to see bigger and detailed posts on topics we like and the fact that it's a free for all thing where we have unhindered access to all content. The minute someone oversteps, the moderators come in. The fact that we are limiting access to certain users and keeping others out is worrisome considering that the quantum of users is definitely lesser than other social media sites. 

And I'll have to take your word for the fact that private forums are on the decline... Coz I'm not on any of them πŸ˜”πŸ₯±πŸ˜†

Dont worry too much about private forums, soon everyone will forget about them and come back to the main oneπŸ˜†

vijay thumbnail

Hmm somehow I'm not hung up on the idea of private forums overall. I understand that the basic premise is of introducting new topics to discuss about in privacy which have a limited number of users but there are some pitfalls to it as well. 

1. Private forums are actually meant for small groups. Members may feel that the Private forums are completely unmoderated but its not the case for the ones which will grow beyond a certain level. And once they grow a certain level we will consider upgrading it to Public Forum and put a DT in place to monitor the same. We are internally discussing how this can be shared with the current moderation team. Once public it gets more search traffic also.

2. We are working on ways to advertise the Private forums and make it easy for other members of the site to discover these forums. And also to bring back the joined members back to the forums for interesting discussions.

There are lot of things that cannot be shared on open forums so these stuff can remain in Private Forums. 

BTW we have just started this journey and with time we will evolve and make it better with time. For example how FanFiction section has evolved with time.

We look forward to your suggestions and feedback.

Regards,