Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Terenaina

Is Alia doing Hollywood movies because she wants to or because she saw other actresses doing it and wanted to join and brag about her achievements in over there to them and make sure these actresses have nothing to brag about because she did it all. Copycat. She still looks like a kid, how did she pass the test to do this movie? Did they needed a teenager? 

I’m sure Deepika, and PC, doing Hollywood movies was a huge motivator for her.  She doesn’t seem to like the idea of DP having something in her resume that she doesn’t. But she not only wants the Hollywood fame and name recognition but also wants that Oscar.  I know most people take her Oscar talk as something she just says but I think that is her ultimate career goal, winning an Oscar. She wants a National Award in India too but that one is much more feasible for her. 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: Supari_khala

I remember differently. I think Aishwarya got fired because she was very far along but did not reveal she was pregnant. When they found out, they fired her since they couldn’t take the risk

I did a quick one minute google search and this is what I found. It’s mostly aligned with what you are saying, but the Pinkvilla Article does have quotes from Bhabdarkar talking about Aishwarya potentially getting hurt on sets. 

https://newsable.asianetnews.com/gallery/entertainment/when-aishwarya-rai-was-criticised-for-hiding-pregnancy-and-amitabh-bachchan-justified-it-rcb-qg4u5d

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/nostalgia/did-you-know-aishwarya-rai-bachchan-was-replaced-heroine-madhur-bhandarkar-because-she-was-pregnant-527900

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I’m sure Deepika, and PC, doing Hollywood movies was a huge motivator for her.  She doesn’t seem to like the idea of DP having something in her resume that she doesn’t. But she not only wants the Hollywood fame and name recognition but also wants that Oscar.  I know most people take her Oscar talk as something she just says but I think that is her ultimate career goal, winning an Oscar. She wants a National Award in India too but that one is much more feasible for her. 

this is very tough, closest is somebody like tabu or irfann for namesake, just like that korean actress won for supporting. 

frankly, none of these actresses have acting caliber above hollywood types and in addition you need powerful roles which will catch worldwide attention in your langauge, I dont see that happening in hindi

even national award witn current regime may be tough 

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

So she was already pregnant at the time of her marriage.

WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Supari_khala

I remember differently. I think Aishwarya got fired because she was very far along but did not reveal she was pregnant. When they found out, they fired her since they couldn’t take the risk

I remember this too. She was pregnant while filming for a role that  required drinking and smoking. And she already filmed a bit of it too before they announced the pregnancy. And filmmakers found out about the her pregnancy in the news rather than directly from her. So yeah, understandably they were a bit peeved

I remember this well because I was quite upset with her at the time. I had felt she had put other actresses who wanted to be married & pregnant in a tough spot with this stunt. Thankfully its all water under the bridge now😆

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: vcs17

this is very tough, closest is somebody like tabu or irfann for namesake, just like that korean actress won for supporting. 

frankly, none of these actresses have acting caliber above hollywood types and in addition you need powerful roles which will catch worldwide attention in your langauge, I dont see that happening in hindi

even national award witn current regime may be tough 

I completely agree with you. I think even Alia realizes it to some extent. In one video she actually mentions that she wants an Oscar but it’s too hard to get one so she’s not sure if she can do it. But her ambitions are still there. I also don’t think she’s getting the National Award anytime soon. But at some point in her Bollywood career she might. 

This does make me curious about Alia’s own opinion on her own acting talent. When people call her Meryl Streep, or when KJo says Alia Bhatt is synonymous with talent, does she take them for what they are, PR tactics?  Or does she believe them?  Does she actually think her acting is on the same level as a Meryl Streep? 

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I completely agree with you. I think even Alia realizes it to some extent. In one video she actually mentions that she wants an Oscar but it’s too hard to get one so she’s not sure if she can do it. But her ambitions are still there. I also don’t think she’s getting the National Award anytime soon. But at some point in her Bollywood career she might. 

This does make me curious about Alia’s own opinion on her own acting talent. When people call her Meryl Streep, or when KJo says Alia Bhatt is synonymous with talent, does she take them for what they are, PR tactics?  Or does she believe them?  Does she actually think her acting is on the same level as a Meryl Streep? 

I think she believes its possible because she has got eveything she wanted, it is only when you see rejection, failure you know something may not be possible and infact you may even fear getting hopes up 

but there is a glass ceiling here too, dharma or kapoor name don't carry weight in indian cinema itself leave alone world, there you are a no name and they finally audition and cast appropriately for weighty roles. I was watching never have I ever,  such a great performance from a newcomer and even poorna was so good.

i think she knows its PR but to some extent believes it because  they all live in a bubble, if you did not you no way will allow this because it is damaging as you were saying because she is a decent actress, has actually proved naysayers wrong with gangu but all this hype is putting off neutral audiences

and as we keep saying her competition bar has been lowered (sara, jahnavi...) and even deepika (she is fine) and certainly katrina are nowhere near being acting powerhouses so when you only think about them you can call yourself great

though the success of pan india films has woken them but that is only from business persepctive, none of them have any true understanding of cinema, does she know any greats in india, any marathi or malayalam actors

actually, for all the criticism of the govt, film awards have been excellent in past few years, fahadh, rajkumar, vijay sethupathi, ayushman, vicky, keerthy, dhanush... awesome selection. the days when saif could get a award for hum tum are long gone 

which is why even national may not be possible (especially as they want to show ant-nepotism stand) unless she really pulls all strings which I am sure for gangu she will and may even get it because performance was decent

DoNotDisturb thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Porcupine

So she was already pregnant at the time of her marriage.

For sure. Usually baby bump is visible in the 6th/7th month. It's hardly been 2-3 months they have been married. I m sure this is a shotgun wedding.

AageBadho thumbnail

Aloo Bun in the oven.