Qubool Hai

Asya FF - Now that I've Found You - Page 4

fatima30 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Thank you 💖 So great to hear from you, always love your comments. Hope the story took your tiredness away 🌸 I wanted to have a positive friend instead of stupid tanu hence noshu! Writing the other chapters still, will update in a couple days 

Yeah my tiredness very quickly dissipated after finding your story! 
I’m completely blown away by your writing and I love this angle with the positive friend! We all need one of those for sure! 
I am hanging on for the next updates! 💜

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dreamxr thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Vintage_flow

Trust me, that didnt happen in a day. I just updated here now lol. đŸ˜†

Love you too boo 💜🌸

Haha yeah okay, I was just kidding 😂. Writing as pretty as this must be worth many hours!

Do update whenever possible!

❤️💖

Edited by Captain_Crash - 1 years ago
Vintage_flow thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Chapter 8

In a wonderland we lie

Water splashed around its tires as the car sped on the highway to Agra. It was an early morning shower waking up the cities.

Zoya glanced at the dashboard that had a small clock on it with 4:58 flashing. They had been on the road for about an hour now. Why Mr. Dracula Ahmed Khan wanted to leave this early was beyond her. Who cares if it was crowded?

Just elbow them right back, if they elbow you. Simple.

But she didn’t want to say anything lest his highness got offended. Especially now that he had gone back to being his Akdu self. The exact kind she despised.

She could hear his voice discussing stocks with Jeeju again. They both had freakishly a lot in common. A feat impossible to believe mainly considering her Jeeju wasn’t an absolute, emotionless robot most of the time.

She let her lids close and sleep take over once more drowning out everything.

It was 6:47 when she woke up. They had stopped to have breakfast and give driving Asad a moment to relax.

Six hot teas and a black coffee arrived at the table.

Mission Asya founders looked at their prime targets with dismay, sipping at their drinks. Every experiment under the sun had been conducted, every excuse used. They had been sent on fake chores, left alone purposely, accidentally made to fall onto each other, even blatantly forced to strike a pose together.

But no, these two had sworn to be miserable.

Dilshad wasn’t far from detecting the shady operation either. All her children were behaving weird, especially her daughter. Didn’t she know Asad and Zoya hated each other’s guts. What was up with all her  ‘strike a pose photography’

Was it a prank, she wasn't a part of?

But most importantly, why weren’t they hating each other’s guts. Something was going on. And right under her nose.

Anwar and Zeenat observed Zoya’s face and shared a look, she seemed sad again. They had thought the trip was doing her some good, but the last few days in Jaipur weren’t spend with the firecracker Zoya. She’d been more of a quietcracker.

Her Aapi tried to spark some reaction once everyone got in the car “So Zoya, Hameeda was telling me her nephew lives in Agra, wouldn’t it be great if you two can meet”

Her ears perked “Why?” she asked slow and careful.

“What do you mean why. To spend some you know, time together, make new friends” The car jerked forward in an abrupt fashion sliding everyone to the edge of their seats.

“Sorry, clutch acting up” Asad mumbled, his breath heavy, eyes and ears glued to the back seat.

“I already have a lot of friends Aapi, I don’t need another”

“Zoya, He’s a nice boy, engineer, smart, good looking. Ab nahi dekhenge toh kab dekhenge. Anwar samjhaiye na”

“Jeeju, trade seats with me please”

“Zoya!” Zeenat whined offended.

“Aapi hum Taj Mahal sirf visit karne ja rahe hain. Khuda ke liye, mujhe Mumtaz na banaye”

The next five minutes were spent huffed and puffed between two sisters but not before Noshini noticed Asad’s fearful eyes.

Only romantic melodies floated through the car on Najma’s request. Maybe they’ll understand the meaning behind soulful words and get their heads right!

Asad wasn’t a happy camper. And it made him even more mad that Zoya took Aapi’s wedding talk so casually. He had no right to be angry or frustrated but he was. Pure and undiluted fear washed through him at the mention of her marriage and he didn’t know what to do with these heightened feelings.

The race pedal suffered more pressure now and it didn’t go undetected. When she looked at him with concern, his nerves calmed a bit. Her noticing him repeatedly brought comfort.

Failing to keep her stares to herself, Zoya rested her head on the window, closing her eyes. They would only open to see the glory of Taj, she promised.

It wasn’t a bad promise to make for the sight was well worth the wait. The magnificent white beauty stood strong as a symbol of love. The sun rays filtering through the hefty clouds reflected on its shiny surface and made it nothing short of a fairyland.

Everyone stood hypnotised, cameras forgotten, they walked towards it in the moment. The reflection of Taj in the water was a sign of great vision and architecture, the work of finest artisans to make the world’s greatest gift.The hazy sunshine reflecting in the banks of Yamuna beside it, gold on blue, they walked slowly all around it not wanting to miss a single angle.

“You can’t enjoy the full beauty of it from outside Sir ji, please come, I’ll show you everything” a tour guide practically dragged Anwar and family away.

He started with the history of it all describing the beautiful calligraphic inscriptions, the architecture, the facts and the rumors. The group moved along the exquisite interior octagonal chambers encircling the monument. Zoya stopped to touch the plant motifs carved out of marble on the wall.

“But unfortunately, before the dream of black Taj Mahal could come to life, emperor Shahjahan passed away” he finished.

“That’s it, this is my new standard. I’m either getting Taj or never getting married” Noshini announced while everyone laughed. Asad handed the guide some money before he said jokingly, 

“Phir toh sir ji ko madam ji ke liye bhi banvana hoga.”

Everyone paused to look at the couple he spoke about as they both attempted to point out painfully awkward “We’re not…ummm…” Asad and Zoya started simultaneously, looking at each other.

“Yeah, not together” Zoya finished pursing her lips unhappily.

“Oh, I’m sorry, you both make such a good couple that I thought…” He made a move to hastily leave. He didn’t want his generous tip cut in half.

Najma snickered elbowing Zoya, speaking loud enough so that everyone heard.

“He’s not wrong, you two do make a good couple.”

Dilshad eyes widened wondering if her daughter had a death wish. Meanwhile, the pair wished for earth’s core to open and swallow them both.

Chapter 9

Pretending to hide

They were at Panch Mahal in the neighboring city of Fatehpur Sikri the next day walking through endless corridors carved out of red sandstone.

The smell of rain mixed with earth and its soil soothed her insides. She walked behind the elders, arm in arm with Najma while Asad and Noshini followed them at a far distance.

Wonder what they’d been chatting about?

The wondergirls – a name Noshini and Najma had awarded themselves – had been tensely preoccupied since morning. This was the last day in Agra, they were set to be home tomorrow by evening.

It was do or die.

“So funny what the guide said yesterday, didn’t he?” Najma started conversation.

“What did he say?”

“That you and bhaijaan, a couple, I mean can you imagine.”

“Yeah, can you?!”

“Actually, I might” Zoya looked at Najma surprised “I mean you guys are like the definition of filmy couples you know what I mean, the moon and the sun, the opposites attract, that’s kind of perfect in itself nahi?”

Zoya stopped in her step and gauged Najma’s face, mind disorderly. Suspicious, she looked at Noshini.

“What do you mean?” It came out as a stammer; her furrowed brows and brown eyes tense.

An instant passed before Najma guffawed “Oh my god you are so easy!” She exaggerated “Of course, I was joking”

Zoya repeated trying to regulate breathing.

“Of course, you were joking.”

“Seriously, Asad, I’m not kidding” Noshini expressed a couple feet behind from the duo “Tell me, how much fun did you guys really have with Zo here. I mean isn’t she so great!” He simply smiled reminiscing the critical to project CD in cake, his living room covered in electric wires, a broken password protected phone.

“I mean now that she’ll be leaving soon, it must feel a little weird” A sharp turn of head told her she was on right track.

“She told you she’s leaving soon”, his voice reduced to a dejected whisper.

“I mean of course, I assume we’ll travel together to N.Y. unless she wants to stay and travel more”, she responded casually shrugging shoulders.

Asad had a mind to announce an all-India tour from Jammu Kashmir to Kanyakumari.

“But you know what it’s okay, Aapi told me they were looking for an Indian groom, so she might keep coming back here to spend holidays”

Asad’s mind blocked rest of the conversation, safeguarding itself.

“I, myself am so excited to visit you guys again. This trip has been so great so far tha…”

He heard nothing.

“…and then with Zoya getting married” The words kept fading into the background “… Mr. Khan?” She stopped before he had an aneurysm. He sure looked like it.

“You gotta say it, man” The tone changed. Asad looked at her quizzically.

“Whatever it is that you have to say to her, you’ve got to. Remember there’s no undo buttons in real life so now would be the time.”

And with that Noshini walked away leaving him completely stunned.

“So? The big gun has been fired”

“Yes, what about you?”

“I couldn’t”

“NAJMA!”

“I chickened out, I’m sorry” Najma said meek.

“Girl I gave you the easy one, its Zoya, she’s literally a real-life version of a stuff-toy-walking.”

“I know but Zoya is so intuitive, she totally would have grasped the meanings and gone down to the bottom of this” Najma turned paranoid “And then I’d have to tell her everything; that we never checked with hotel staff before sending them on fake chores, and we totally tripped her that afternoon so bhaijaan rushes and saves her, and that you were talking to bhaijaan about same today.” The voice kept getting louder with every word of every sentence. Noshini covered her ears.

“But that’s not all, what if…”

“If?”

“Look if bhaijaan makes a decision against her. Isn’t it better we leave it unsaid, wouldn’t it hurt more to be rejected than to never know?”

It took time to correctly understand it but she did now; why Zoya was so crazy about her tamatar and phuphi. Noshini embraced her restless form.

She was certain that her best friend’s destiny had led her here. The care and love this family showered on her wasn’t typical. And went without saying, the way Asad was around her wasn’t typical either.

Asad Ahmed Khan would always be drawn to Zoya Faaroqui, she was celestial moon, and he moved with her.

She’d known her for 17 years but never once saw her heart saturated crazy for a guy. Whatever was holding them back had to go.

“Look let’s just pack for now, if Zoey is intuitive so is Asad, I have spoken pretty clearly to him and he must do something. If it’s meant to be, he must.”

“You were listening weren’t you” … “You gotta say it, whatever it is that you have to say” …

At home, confrontations swam uninterrupted. He held his breath and took a quick dip under the soapy water to clear his head before stepping out of the bathtub.

… â€œI mean now that she’ll be leaving soon, it must feel a little weird” … “I wish I could never go back” …

He had to be strong dammit. The first and central reason to be away from her stared back at him in the mirror. That hideous resemblance to Rashid Ahmed Khan. It boiled his blood that he was acting just like him; weak and pathetic. His love might be transparent but it wasn’t feeble. Zoya would not bear the brunt of his inabilities.

“Mr. Khan? ... AAH! … Sorry I’m sorry” she quickly turned.

“Miss Faaroqui, how many times?!” the sigh released was frustrated “don’t you ever knock, kya badtameezi hai” The historical in-bathtub-with-no-clothes scenario swam through his head. Incredibly foolish… His hand found its way to the forehead.

“I said I’m sorry and it’s not my fault you never put on any clothes.” Zoya almost turned around to bark that to his face. But then remembered she might end up seeing more than just that.

Her hands lightly shook when she heard cloth rustling and a pant zipper.

“Yes?” Asad questioned, his voice stern, body right behind her figure. She turned eyes still closed, hold tightening onto the shiny thing in her hand.

“You can open your eyes Miss Faaroqui” he said slow, each word enunciated, as if talking to a toddler.

“Oh” How was her first emotion disappointment. But then remembering the purpose behind her visit there, she gulped “I just wanted to give you this” 

He wiggled his brows curiously “What’s this?”

“It’s a gift” It was her turn to enunciate “I sure don’t go about wrapping silver shiny paper on random things” A nervous chuckle made its way out her lips.

His heartbeat rose. “A gift?”

“Well, a souvenir, if you will, I bought one for you other day in Agra, before we came back to Bhopal”

Oh, he didn’t like where this was going. His hands started sweating, the ridiculous memory of the three bowls came back. So did the weak pathetic feelings. And with it the absurd need to hide them.

“I don’t need a gift, Miss Faaroqui, please leave” Asad rushed her out.

Wounded, her arm blocked the door as she started angry “What. is. wrong. with. you? How could you be so insensitive? Main aapko apna samajh ke gift de rahi hu aur aap” her eyes beheld his, which were unreadable.

“You know what, since I already took the pains, I am leaving it here, you keep it or trash it” Zoya roughly handed the gift to him. His face dark, when he handed it back, it ended again into his hands stubbornly.

Asad shoved it right back.

“Mr. Khan what is your problem, just take it.” Zoya was incredulous. He was behaving like a nine-year-old. Actually, worse.

“I said. I. don’t. need. it.”

“Why? Why must you be so frustrating” she yelled in his face utterly vexed by the absurdity.

She forcibly handed it to him again “Just take it dammit!”

“I don’t want it” Volcano Asad erupted. “Alright. I do not want a last stupid parting gift from you. You didn’t think I noticed that you only bought stuff for me, Ammi and Najma. So, forgive me, if I don’t want your ‘thank-you-guest-host’ gift.”

The door shut in her bewildered face.

Edited by Vintage_flow - 1 years ago
dreamxr thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Asad Asad Asad. When will you learn to speak out goddammit? At least don't keep hurting her man! 

Anyhoo, BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN CHAPS!! I was waiting so impatiently tbh hahah

Love ya!

💙❤️💜

Vintage_flow thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Captain_Crash

Asad Asad Asad. When will you learn to speak out goddammit? At least don't keep hurting her man! 

Anyhoo, BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN CHAPS!! I was waiting so impatiently tbh hahah

Love ya!

💙❤️💜

It's Asad, he always needs training wheels đŸ˜† And Thankyou thankyou thankyou 

💙❤️💜

Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Hi there!

So glad to see you back with a story! Thanks for sending me a DM! I was traveling earlier so couldn't get a chance to catch up on this one. I just did! And like always your writing spell bounds me! You have a way with words, they flow so effortlessly.  I loved all the chapters and the whole plot overall. The pain of leaving things unsaid is misery one should never voluntarily venture on, but you'd only know that when you do so! Asad and Zoya have been the master players of this game, but I guess a part of me would always find it hard to believe if they had an easy way out. They are one of those who express their love more through living in misery of being away from each other than doing otherwise. Haha ofcourse I want them to be united, and sure love is all they define when they eventually get together, but I guess the journey leading to that destination is devastatingly beautiful. Asad will literally kill Zoya with his inability/reluctance to say anything and needs to be literally fired up to have words pop out of his mouth.  Haha but nevertheless, it's endearing to see them always going so hard on themselves to not break their resolve, only to actually break it. 

All the chapters have been written beautifully! I loved the titles and how well they went with the crux of the chapter. Can't wait to read what happens next, especially since that was a very edgy end. Update soonest!

Thanks for writing this one! Always a delight to read your work! 

-Shreya

Vintage_flow thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Wandering_mind

Hi there!

So glad to see you back with a story! Thanks for sending me a DM! I was traveling earlier so couldn't get a chance to catch up on this one. I just did! And like always your writing spell bounds me! You have a way with words, they flow so effortlessly.  I loved all the chapters and the whole plot overall. The pain of leaving things unsaid is misery one should never voluntarily venture on, but you'd only know that when you do so! Asad and Zoya have been the master players of this game, but I guess a part of me would always find it hard to believe if they had an easy way out. They are one of those who express their love more through living in misery of being away from each other than doing otherwise. Haha ofcourse I want them to be united, and sure love is all they define when they eventually get together, but I guess the journey leading to that destination is devastatingly beautiful. Asad will literally kill Zoya with his inability/reluctance to say anything and needs to be literally fired up to have words pop out of his mouth.  Haha but nevertheless, it's endearing to see them always going so hard on themselves to not break their resolve, only to actually break it. 

All the chapters have been written beautifully! I loved the titles and how well they went with the crux of the chapter. Can't wait to read what happens next, especially since that was a very edgy end. Update soonest!

Thanks for writing this one! Always a delight to read your work! 

-Shreya

Hellooo Shreya! It's always so lovely to hear from you. The in depth analysis gets me 💖 

Thank you for your kind words, totally makes my day when I read appreciation for what I write. It's true our Asya never have a easy way out, but I do love writing about them without the added drama. A lil anguish now and then is ok đŸ˜† The original characters were so well written, hope I can stick to that throughout the story, might update soon, the next ones are almost finished â¤ď¸ 

fatima30 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Aaaargh! What will we do with Asad?! 
It breaks my heart that he sees his father in him đŸ’”

Loved Zoya there when she wouldn’t take no for an answer….she’s going to be livid now that he’s shut the door in her face! 
I just love Najma and Noshini - they are so cute and caring! 

I can’t wait for more….please update again! 
I love all your stories - I just can’t get enough!

Vintage_flow thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: fatima30

Aaaargh! What will we do with Asad?! 
It breaks my heart that he sees his father in him đŸ’”

Loved Zoya there when she wouldn’t take no for an answer….she’s going to be livid now that he’s shut the door in her face! 
I just love Najma and Noshini - they are so cute and caring! 

I can’t wait for more….please update again! 
I love all your stories - I just can’t get enough!

Thank you ❤️💜 updating in a couple hours ✨ hope you like the next part. I'll try to write and wind up the whole story soon, got an idea for a new one already  đŸĽą

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Chapter 10

Where did the days go by

Brute! This man was such a brute!

But she didn’t have time to think about that nor play the angry bird. She was going to finish what she came for. With that, she stalked the door, quietly shutting it behind her.

Asad held his back towards it, eyes on the ceiling, body a stone.

Zoya knew he was aggravated, upset. She also knew, he could tell, she stood in the room. Whisper soft, she walked towards the green settee, placing the present down and explained before marching out, “I didn’t buy anything for people that I consider merely hosted me, I bought it for people I believe family. You should know, you were the one listening to me and phuphi talk that day.”

Twelve minutes and twenty seconds later of standing still, he moved towards the sofa. The unsteady hands opened the wrapping paper.

An earnest smile tumbled out.

It was a memory of just the four of them. His sad eyes reflected in mirror of the photo frame. Dilshad and Najma smiled alongside the shy couple. Noshini had pushed them around to stand within an inch of each other, forcibly putting his arm around her shoulder.

Asad observed the twinkle in his eyes. Happy, he’d never realised how blissfully happy she made him.

A note slipped out and fell at his feet. Trembling with nerves and anticipation, he opened it.

Dear Mr. Khan,

The reason I write this letter is because I didn’t want to leave without properly saying goodbye. I figured it wouldn’t be fair.

The last five months have been adventurous to say the least. It is surreal to me that I was able to fulfill the biggest purpose of my life, though incomplete. The word thank you won’t be enough for your support these past weeks. But I would still say it.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!

I know we don’t always see eye to eye but something always told me you understood exactly what I felt. Somewhere, we are cut from the same traumatic cloth.

I could never say this to your face but I drew strength from the fact that you never let adversity keep you down and always kept going, incorporated phuphi’s values in your life and didn’t let past hinder your future.

I hope to do that in life someday.

Anyway, sorry for dumping all this heavy emotional stuff out of nowhere but I would have regretted, if I didn’t say it. Thank you again, and, wish you all the best for everything that comes your way in the future.

Zoya.

The door, her letter, everything that surrounded him blurred. Tears came quick and splattered on the ink of her name. A film of sweat clinging to his skin, the words intruded his insides, twisted and taunted. The wave of desperation flooded back.

Incorporated phuphi’s values in your life... Did he? God, she thought highly of him more than he deserved.

I hope to do that in life someday… He understood. Comprehended each and every word of her letter. 

Didn’t let past hinder your future…Their past and parents. Their future and them.

...Thank you, from the bottom of my heart...

He gave in to the tears.

When legs gave away, he sat on the settee and wept. The years of frustration and ache had blocked his heart too. He’d closed some book too. Opening it felt good, felt freeing.

Some tears fell in ache that the letter existed, some in happiness ... that the letter existed. The anxious ball of mixed emotions Asad was in the past week had pushed his core to the edge.

You gotta say it, whatever it is that you have to say… I would have regretted, if I didn’t say it…

Mind numbing replays didn’t end.

…Past hinder your future…Incorporated phuphi’s values…

“Ammi” he whispered suddenly sane.

Nothing pulled him out of darkness like his mother did. She always had the answer. In his worst times of confusion and despair, to world's every question.

He wiped his tears, washed his face, folded the letter safe in his pocket and marched towards his Ammi.

Dilshad noticed him at the door and gestured him to come in.

“Bolo beta” she said as soon as she disconnected the phone.

“Who was that?” he asked croakily, tears still lingering somewhere in throat.

“Oh, Anwar’s relative, they were asking about Zoya. I think Zeenat is actively talking to them about Zoya’s Nikaah.” 

She started folding the strewn clothes on her bed and continued “Khuda jaane Zoya manegi ya nahi. Vaise maine toh Zeenat ko kehdiya, uski marzi ke bina kuch na ho. And I know she understands, also loves her Zoey so very much so it’ll be okay I guess. It’ll be such a good thing for her, to find a friend in someone and start thinking about this next phase of life”

She looked at Asad pausing her chores, when she didn’t hear anything.

His Ammi’s questioning gaze brought him out of his self-induced coma. “What if, marriage is not the next phase for her” his voice was shaky, lucky lost in thought Dilshad didn’t notice.

“Well, sure that could be, but it’s not like she has to do it right away. It takes time to fall in love, become a friend, a partner”

The nerve in his head ticked and danced, stomach dropped on the floor.

“Which is why, I think you should also start looking Asad” She handed him the pile of folded clothes and opened the cupboards setting them one by one “Ab shuru honge ton agle saal takk nikaah hoga, mera bhi khwaab hai ki nahi, daadi ban ne ka.

Ab aise statue kyun bangaye, haath niche karo” she jerked his extended empty hands down.

“Ammi, you know that I…”

“Yes I do but why do you forget that you are my son” Dilshad turned serious in an instant. Any chance to suck this insecurity out of him, she grabbed with both hands.

“You are not your parents, neither you, nor my Najma” She argued passionately with a strong voice “I mean just look at Zoya, Asad, poor girl had to go through so much, don’t you think someone like her is afraid. Don’t you think she’s told me a million times she is” His eyes grew.

Zoya was afraid too?

“But you know what she says? She says she’ll change the course her father set. She aspires to be the exact opposite. And you know what, she already is. Just like you are. You have no reason to be afraid. Not one.” Dilshad finished lovingly with a soft hand on his cheek.

“Saara din ladte ho tum dono, kuch acha seekh bhi lo ik dusre se”  

Edited by Vintage_flow - 1 years ago