Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Sorry it’s here

watch

Edited by Maroonporsche - 1 years ago
Supari_khala thumbnail

I want both of them to succeed. They both seem like nice, chill guys. Besides, I don’t like to compare outsiders. There’s enough people from the industry trying to pull them down anyway 

Bhool Bhulaiya is an interesting movie with stellar acting by Vidya, Akshay, Rajpal, etc. and is a proven concept with a built in fanbase given how successful it was.

The second one has a strong and promising ensemble too. Kartik definitely has some star power, no denying that, but it's not strong enough as of yet to credit all of Bhool Bhualiya 2's success to him alone. And I'm not trying to demean him when I say that. I just don't think he is quite there yet. It would be unfair to the legacy the first one created, which is what the second one is riding on for the most part, and the rest of the performers like Tabu, etc. who people look forward to watch in action as well.

I might watch it after it's dumped on one of the OTT platforms cuz the pandemic has totally gotten me off the habit of hitting theaters to watch movies. 

P.S. I haven't read the entire post you wrote. just gave it a second look and it looks like you're against what I just said about Kartik. Either way, I don't think he is in the rat race with Ayushman. Ayushman has his own niche audience who love watching him ... he's kind of irreplaceable in it.

Edited by SmittenKitten - 1 years ago
PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: SmittenKitten

Bhool Bhulaiya is an interesting movie with stellar acting by Vidya, Akshay, Rajpal, etc. and is a proven concept with a built in fanbase given how successful it was.

The second one has a strong and promising ensemble too. Kartik definitely has some star power, no denying that, but it's not strong enough as of yet to credit all of Bhool Bhualiya 2's success to him alone. And I'm not trying to demean him when I say that. I just don't think he is quite there yet. It would be unfair to the legacy the first one created, which is what the second one is riding on for the most part, and the rest of the performers like Tabu, etc. who people look forward to watch in action as well.

I might watch it after it's dumped on one of the OTT platforms cuz the pandemic has totally gotten me off the habit of hitting theaters to watch movies. 

P.S. I haven't read the entire post you wrote. just gave it a second look and it looks like you're against what I just said about Kartik. Either way, I don't think he is in the rat race with Ayushman. Ayushman has his own niche audience who love watching him ... he's kind of irreplaceable in it.

Bunty aur Babli 2 released a few months back. It was a similar movie to Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2. 

Sequel of more than a decade old film with new and old actors, cashing on nostalgia. Trailer of both movies were hit and received a positive response.

B&B 2 was a Disaster at the box office because it was crap and also covid. But despite trailer getting a positive response the opening was also just 2 Crores, lower than the opening of the first movie released in 2005.

It ain't because Abhishek Bachchan wasn't recasted but because nobody in the film was a star. Saif and Rani are past their prime and Siddhant and Sharvari are yet to have one. Covid can be used as an excuse, but only to some extent. Because this film released after Sooryavanshi brought back half of the audience to theaters. 

Even without the pandemic and 100% occupancy, it would have done maximum 4-5 Crores on first day. Not 13 Crores like Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 because it didn't have a star like Kartik.

shadesofme thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Karthik will be like akshay,who can do mix of all 

Originally posted by: AwaamKiJaan

Bunty aur Babli 2 released a few months back. It was a similar movie to Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2. 

Sequel of more than a decade old film with new and old actors, cashing on nostalgia. Trailer of both movies were hit and received a positive response.

B&B 2 was a Disaster at the box office because it was crap and also covid. But despite trailer getting a positive response the opening was also just 2 Crores, lower than the opening of the first movie released in 2005.

It ain't because Abhishek Bachchan wasn't recasted but because nobody in the film was a star. Saif and Rani are past their prime and Siddhant and Sharvari are yet to have one. Covid can be used as an excuse, but only to some extent. Because this film released after Sooryavanshi brought back half of the audience to theaters. 

Even without the pandemic and 100% occupancy, it would have done maximum 4-5 Crores on first day. Not 13 Crores like Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 because it didn't have a star like Kartik.

There are multiple variables in play. Kartik def. has some star power but people also don’t wanna watch gloomy and dispassionate movies I think - which is why Jersey, 83, etc. failed (feel sad for shahid) whereas Gangu did better and BB2 breathed life back to a half dead b’wood so to speak. I just think it’s too early to say that Kartik saved the day. Let him shoulder one more hit after this n I’ll be sold on this idea then. 🤷‍♀️

arnavfluffy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I am bored of Ayushman.

I would rather watch Kartik Aryan - He is entertaining and makes non-preachy movies for the most part

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Crowd puller....LMAO.....Bhool Bhulaiya 2 is a sequel to a very popular movie...the opening was going to be good.....and probably the movie is good so its making money.....we will talk when another unhitched movie of Kartik releases...

AbjiniRockss thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Kartik is a decent actor.Most of his films did decent business in box office and they were declared hit, superhit and average in box office.He seems to carter to masala audience that's why he is quite a bankable actor.This year he seems to have 3 films in his kitty in which two are masala(one is horror comedy and other is family drama and comedy)and also there is one romantic thriller (Freddy by Ekta Kapoor).I didn't liked his acting before but after BB2 he has surprised me by his acting😊.He seems to be going on Akshay Kumar footsteps now but hope he won't totally become like AK who releases multiple films per year.

On the other hand, Ayushman only do social films.This genre seems to be his speciality.Audience seems to have grown bored of social films now that's why most of social films have done bad business in 2023.So he needed to do different genre films now if he wanted to survive.😊

Edited by AbjiniRockss - 1 years ago
PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: shadesofme

Karthik will be like akshay,who can do mix of all 

Akshay started out as an action hero. Then switched to mindless comedy, then to patriotic films and social comedy-drama.

What else can Kartik do? He doesn't have the personality to do action. Not much in terms of looks or charm to do romance, He can do serious movies, but his looks and voice is such, its hard to buy him in a serious role.

Edited by AwaamKiJaan - 1 years ago