Fan Fiction Section Features Wish List & Task List

Posted: 1 years ago

Hi All,

Our fan fiction section is growing at a very fast pace and its amazing to so many writers moving their stories there. We already have 1750+ stories up there. It won't be wrong to say that this section itself can be a site in itself. 

We are committed to grow this section and add more features to attract more writers and readers to this section.

We want to hear your suggestions on how to improve. To start off I am sharing my current list and you guys can vote it up as that helps us in prioritising what we take up first.

You can even share your suggestions / wish list. Please keep one suggestion/feature request per post as that makes it easier to track.

Cheers,

Vijay

Edited by vijay - 1 years ago

Need to introduce Story Ratings System (similiar to how movies have General / PG / R etc) so that user have a clear idea on level of the story.

Current plan is: 

G (general audiences) 

M (mature audiences / 13+)

R (restricted, no children under 17 allowed)

X (no one under 21 admitted and would require to update their profile with Date of Birth).

UPDATE:

The feature is LIVE.

Have more filters in Fan Fiction so that we can see stories based on their status like Ongoing / Completed.

Basically a better search.

UPDATE:

The feature is LIVE.

We need to have a report button for FanFictions so that user can report a fan fiction if its violating our FanFiction guidelines.

Copy pasting my suggestion from the site updates page:

Regarding the new fanfiction section, it is cool but interaction via comments there feels clumsy and so sometimes readers either don't comment or writers prefer to stick to the forum for better interactions. And we even have cases where people post in the FF section but create a thread in the forum for updates and discussions. 

Can we have something where once an FF is posted in the FF section, a linked thread us automatically created in the associated forum for all discussions? The comments and reviews from readers can reflect in both places. This will be motivating for readers and writers both as writers get a sorted interface to manage their stories and index while readers get a clean and familiar interface for reviews. 

As a writer, I like the FF section features but I like the discussions aspect of the forum more and hence prefer to post my stories in the forum vs the FF section. 

Tagging fellow writers

Add more option to the Fanfiction homepage to highlight:

a) Recent Additions

b) Popular Fan fictions

UPDATE:

The feature is LIVE.

Have Fan Fiction specific badges for writers:

- Number of active stories by the writer 10 / 25 / 50 / 100 / 250 / 500

- Number of followers a writer have.

We will add more gradually...

Improve fanfiction visibility on the show forums. This could be based on popularity, but it makes more sense to keep it for when an author updates their chapter.

Just like we have sections in a particular forum for General Announcements, Sticky Threads etc., we could also show maybe 4-5 recently updated fanfictions.

This gives more visibility to the fanfiction section and also motivates a writer to update their work.

Have an easy to follow FanFiction Guidelines page which writers can refer to.

UPDATE:

The feature is LIVE.

1- Please add more option in the genre section. Like Mystery, Angst, Supernatural, Paranormal

Edited by WildestDreams - 1 years ago