Frequent Posters

Shri_12 thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

Anyone up for episode discussions?

IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I think I was not really entertained by the sequel as the first part was. But later I read a review which made me reconsider the sequel in a new light.

The story began with Abhishek's perspective , who was the outsider to the village. So you get acquainted with Phulera just as Abhishek did- the ennui and stillness of village life, his bemusement (bordering on contempt) with  the antics of the varied characters that reside there. 

But in this season, you see more of these characters in depth, making you not just a spectator to their lives( as Abhishek is)- but that they are flesh and blood people in their own right, with joys, sorrows and aspirations of their own. The ending was again poignant and what befalls Abhishek at the end is also intriguing...So I am pumped up to see what happens next. Waiting for S3!

*Copying what I wrote in another thread*

Shri_12 thumbnail

I have to watch the final episode, will do that tonight. Which episode was your favourite?

Originally posted by: Shri_12

I have to watch the final episode, will do that tonight. Which episode was your favourite?

I think the episodes where the villager fails to get a toilet and endangers the ODF status of the village and the one where the alcoholic driver gives Abhishek a pause about his own life were my favorites.

What did you think about Abhishek and Rinki? I think they became good friends but somehow I am not able to see a sparkling sort of chemistry, which is fine given their situation I guess.

And did you get to the final episode?😊

Shri_12 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Amri_IF

I think the episodes where the villager fails to get a toilet and endangers the ODF status of the village and the one where the alcoholic driver gives Abhishek a pause about his own life were my favorites.

What did you think about Abhishek and Rinki? I think they became good friends but somehow I am not able to see a sparkling sort of chemistry, which is fine given their situation I guess.

And did you get to the final episode?😊

Yes, quite emotional and unpredictable, I must say. I don't think anyone was expecting that kind of ending. 

I think Rinky will catch feelings first, while Abhishek would be in just friends mode. At present, it's too early to catch feelings, they have barely interacted in private. Abhishek comes from a city background where having friends from opposite gender is no big deal. Whereas in villages, boys and girls are separated once they got puberty and then only interact when marriage is on cards. This difference was very subtly shown. Abhishek is very cool when interacting with girls, be it the dancer girl or Rinky. On the other hand, the only boys that Rinky has interacted were few rishtas, with whom she is expected to talk formally and not freely. 

Yes, quite emotional and unpredictable, I must say. I don't think anyone was expecting that kind of ending. 

Ya absolutely. Till then we see Phulera as a rustic, calm sort of place but we finally see the reality. It is thousands of villages like these which contribute to the armed forces by sending the sons of the soil over. Heroes are made from nondescript villages like these. 

I think Rinky will catch feelings first, while Abhishek would be in just friends mode. At present, it's too early to catch feelings, they have barely interacted in private. Abhishek comes from a city background where having friends from opposite gender is no big deal. Whereas in villages, boys and girls are separated once they got puberty and then only interact when marriage is on cards. This difference was very subtly shown. Abhishek is very cool when interacting with girls, be it the dancer girl or Rinky. On the other hand, the only boys that Rinky has interacted were few rishtas, with whom she is expected to talk formally and not freely. 

That's a lovely point about how Abhishek interacts with girls- he is urban and casual while Rinky comes from a village, though I am sure she has gone on to have an education perhaps in a college a little away. And how Abhishek treated the dancer with respect and how she reminds him that hers too is a job, just like he does, was a lovely scene.

I agree with you that at this point perhaps Rinky is more attracted to him than vice-versa- he saved her from the stalker guy and even Abhishek's friend noticed that there is something brewing in the air between them. It was also interesting to see him commenting in the last episode about how Rinky and her friend do not have jobs, though he tried to brush the comment away. Is Rinky's insular upbringing in the village a deal breaker for him? It remains to be seen.

But yes, she is much more comfortable with him at this point; while he is perhaps inhibited by the fact that she is Pradhan Ji's daughter. There are now many challenges for them- Abhishek's transfer in the last episode, his challenge to pass the CAT exam and how Rinky's family will react to the alliance. 

It's also interesting that we didn't see a mention of Abhishek's family this season. At least in S1 his mom used to chide him to get milk and drink it everyday. What do you think about that?😊

Edited by Amri_IF - 1 years ago
Shri_12 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Amri_IF

That's a lovely point about how Abhishek interacts with girls- he is urban and casual while Rinky comes from a village, though I am sure she has gone on to have an education perhaps in a college a little away. And how Abhishek treated the dancer with respect and how she reminds him that hers too is a job, just like he does, was a lovely scene.

I agree with you that at this point perhaps Rinky is more attracted to him than vice-versa- he saved her from the stalker guy and even Abhishek's friend noticed that there is something brewing in the air between them. It was also interesting to see him commenting in the last episode about how Rinky and her friend do not have jobs, though he tried to brush the comment away. Is Rinky's insular upbringing in the village a deal breaker for him? It remains to be seen.

But yes, she is much more comfortable with him at this point; while he is perhaps inhibited by the fact that she is Pradhan Ji's daughter. There are now many challenges for them- Abhishek's transfer in the last episode, his challenge to pass the CAT exam and how Rinky's family will react to the alliance. 

It's also interesting that we didn't see a mention of Abhishek's family this season. At least in S1 his mom used to chide him to get milk and drink it everyday. What do you think about that?

Rinky is a graduate and has a BA degree, it was mentioned in the first season. But given Phulera's setting, she has probably studied in girls' college or if the college was co-ed then under strict guidance. In addition to her being Pradhan's daughter is enough to keep guys away. Remember Manju devi saying, "Iske sab saheli ka shaadi ho gaya", implies that Rinky has female friends only. Not having jobs dialog definitely has a role, maybe Rinky, tired of being rejected in marriage market actually applies for a job. If they want to add a twist then they can actually set up Rinky with someone else 😉

Shri_12 thumbnail

Guys did you watch Panchayat S2?

Mysterie_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Guys did you watch Panchayat S2?

Nahiii yaaaar

S1 hi nahi dekha

Thoda summary batao fir dekhti hu