FF: Ishq-e-Watan *Chapter 78 Posted* - Page 5

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NoeticLife thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Write The Bite Contest (Special Contribution) 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 years ago

Finally read the chapter!!

Ohh godd, there are so many things I want to praise, actually pura chapter hi hai, kya kya bolu? Okay let me try.

I really really really liked Koel and Faizi's first meet. Little bit dramatic but suits Faizi's character as you said. Na zyada filmy, na zyada simple.

That's what I was going for. Dramatic, but not overly so. Glad that I achieved it.

Sanju, karan ka crush ho na ho, tum zarur impressed ho gai ho sid se, not bad πŸ˜‰

That tadka of some gadbad in academy, totally goes along the concept.

Abhi toh bahut kuchh hoga. πŸ˜† Dekhte jao.

Loved the details about complete course like theoretical and practical training. That makes sense.

It's good that Bala has come here willingly, to serve the nation. This gives the message that one doesn't need money or other facilities to serve the country, bas dil mein chah aur zid honi chahiye. Tabhi to dil ziddi hai.

As I said, I wanted this to be their one common point of connect. This is one thing they would all put their differences aside for, no matter how big it is. 

I liked Sumanji and Koel's first conversation.

I wanted less drama between the cadets, and more bonding and solitude, and again, didn't make sense for that with the storyline.

Completely opposite of the show. Ofcourse Koel's situation is better here, so contrast on her behaviour is understandable.

What I liked most is about her parents supporting her. This gives another message, that girls after divorce shouldn't be left alone to live on their own. With her parents' support, she can fight any circumstances.

Definitely supportive. I didn't want to emphasize too much on family drama, which would have inevitable if there were problematic families. Not every family is perfect (there'll be drama with Monami's and problems with Sid's) but not anything extreme or something because I wanted to keep this ff concentrated on military, soldiers and all the problems they face.

Oh also, Koel isn't divorced. She's a widow. It's going to have a mention in the next few chapters anyway and it's nothing secretive or anything so I am just going to slip this in... 

Sid behaving mature and not lattu on Sanju is another aspect I loved. This is going to be beautiful and subtle journey for their relationship too.

Yes! I was thinking of making Sanju be the lattu one in their relationship, although lattu would be the wrong word. Basically, Sanju would be the one who runs after Sid first.

Overall, loved it, Chica!! Thanks again for this masterpiece. Greaaatttt going!!!!

Haaye! Itni tareef sunkar... I literally had to take a walk around my room to calm down. πŸ€£

Edited by NoeticLife - 2 years ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoeticLife

I know tum apni baat kar rahi thi. Main bhi apni baat kar rahi thi. πŸ˜†

Yeh plotting and planning toh naturally start ho gayi. I only had Monami's background in mind because jab maine apne liye likha tha (this was originally purely for my own entertainment) maine auron par bahut zyaada dhyaan nahi diya tha.

Then, I started writing the first chapter, and things just started coming together in my head. πŸ€—

OMG!! I really appreciate you writing and sharing it with us! When I first started writing I did it for myself too! And it's really good to know that you have your target audience (yourself) fulfilled! πŸ€—❀️

Keep your characters under control, don't let them have the reins πŸ˜†

NoeticLife thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Write The Bite Contest (Special Contribution) 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: DelusionsOfNeha

OMG!! I really appreciate you writing and sharing it with us! When I first started writing I did it for myself too! And it's really good to know that you have your target audience (yourself) fulfilled! πŸ€—❀️

Keep your characters under control, don't let them have the reins πŸ˜†

I honestly can't imagine them having the reins. I have this entire thing planned out and it plays like a movie in my head. All the scenes I write. I can't write something unless I can imagine it well enough that I know just how many steps that random chair is from a character.

It'll have to make sense and sometimes, mujhe bahut saari cheezen khud baad mein samajh aati when they just happen to fall in place.
Like, I wanted Bala to come to the academy out of his own free will but it was only as I was writing that note did I realize that's why I also removed Koel being abused and Sid coming for Sanju, as one of the reasons.

So, I guess you can say they do have the reins at times... Maybe? I don't know what exactly you mean by them having the reins. πŸ˜†

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

I honestly can't imagine them having the reins. I have this entire thing planned out and it plays like a movie in my head. All the scenes I write. I can't write something unless I can imagine it well enough that I know just how many steps that random chair is from a character.

It'll have to make sense and sometimes, mujhe bahut saari cheezen khud baad mein samajh aati when they just happen to fall in place.
Like, I wanted Bala to come to the academy out of his own free will but it was only as I was writing that note did I realize that's why I also removed Koel being abused and Sid coming for Sanju, as one of the reasons.

So, I guess you can say they do have the reins at times... Maybe? I don't know what exactly you mean by them having the reins. πŸ˜†

Well, I've been writing a story for like 7-8 years now, an my characters live in my head rent free πŸ˜† so I keep imagining random things happening and then replay it until it feels almost perfect. So many a times the characters in my head do their own thing and I'm like that's not what I want or planned but now they have a mind of their own. πŸ˜† 

Idk how to explain it but it happens over a period of time. When I sit to write my chapter, my characters be doing their own thing and it's so much chaos.. I can't even with them πŸ˜­ so I make them ✨suffer✨ πŸ˜ˆ

NoeticLife thumbnail

Originally posted by: DelusionsOfNeha

Well, I've been writing a story for like 7-8 years now, an my characters live in my head rent free πŸ˜† so I keep imagining random things happening and then replay it until it feels almost perfect. So many a times the characters in my head do their own thing and I'm like that's not what I want or planned but now they have a mind of their own. πŸ˜† 

Idk how to explain it but it happens over a period of time. When I sit to write my chapter, my characters be doing their own thing and it's so much chaos.. I can't even with them πŸ˜­ so I make them ✨suffer✨ πŸ˜ˆ

Ohhh! That happens to me all the time as well. That's literally how almost every single one of the stories I have ever written comes up, including this one.

I usually let them do their own thing and then give them backgrounds or center scenes around them so what I imagine is incorporated in a realistic manner. I find that to be really efficient. Sometimes, they manage to surprise me too. πŸ˜† Like, this track in my head of Faizi... it just popped up and I was like... woah, did I just think that?
Sometimes, if it's really out there and not something I can ever incorporate, I just write that down and then ignore it so it doesn't stay in my head and trouble me but also doesn't ruin the story. If it doesn't fit, I chuck it out. Both out of my head and out of my story.

I do like to make my characters suffer (I... am a bit of a sadist, I guess) but it has to make sense and not just make them suffer for the sake of making them suffer. That's perhaps why I like all these action shows- room for plenty of suffering and injuries. πŸ€£

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Lmao you folks are on about characters doing their own stuff.

Imagine a story haunting you since decades... I mean this decades, each and every night you see them in dreams, you listen to a song and imagine them, randomly your mind think of scenes, in a flash you have the dialogues scenes conclusion of a scene in your mind.

And like that in an entire night you finish a damn story which if you start writing will be 1000 page novella. When you start writing, nothing comes out of your. 

Hehe fun πŸ€‘

NoeticLife thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haal-e-Dil

Lmao you folks are on about characters doing their own stuff.

Imagine a story haunting you since decades... I mean this decades, each and every night you see them in dreams, you listen to a song and imagine them, randomly your mind think of scenes, in a flash you have the dialogues scenes conclusion of a scene in your mind.

And like that in an entire night you finish a damn story which if you start writing will be 1000 page novella. When you start writing, nothing comes out of your. 

Hehe fun πŸ€‘

Oh man! That sounds like a stuff out of nightmares. πŸ˜•  

Waise, 1000 page ki novella nahi hoti hai. That's a really, really long novel. Novella choti waali hoti hain- about 60 to 100 pages, like Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens or Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde.

... Sorry. I just get really passionate about literature and specifics like this and love talking about these things.

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Oh man! That sounds like a stuff out of nightmares. πŸ˜•  

Waise, 1000 page ki novella nahi hoti hai. That's a really, really long novel. Novella choti waali hoti hain- about 60 to 100 pages, like Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens or Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde.

... Sorry. I just get really passionate about literature and specifics like this and love talking about these things.

haha it's ok. Your passion shows through your writing 

Nightmare idk...more like irritation. Like an itch. Atlst outlet should be there. Nothing is more annoying than your head buzzing with scenes yet you can't even write the first line. 

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haal-e-Dil

haha it's ok. Your passion shows through your writing 

Nightmare idk...more like irritation. Like an itch. Atlst outlet should be there. Nothing is more annoying than your head buzzing with scenes yet you can't even write the first line. 

Yes yes, very much relatable! Especially when in midnight, mid sleep you craft the perfect scene , literally movie like and then you can't remember shit when you start writing

πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜­

anjali9996 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Amazing as always ❀