Mithai Review

Ayu_12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Totally Honest !!

The show is a remake of bengali version. Understood but I have one problem is that show is still on going. Does Remake will be suitable? 

I would say no. Because I genuinely felt that people will watch og rather than remake. 

Let's come to Hindi Version

They took everything as it is. But now OG focus on Bengali culture and lifestyle. Here It's UP and vrindavan. So here it is very calm and composed family. Rather funny unlike the OG 

Few things I liked more than OG 

- Sid Character here looks good and it's well written. You can feel that here ML is not as confused or that arrogant or rude which I have watched on OG. 

- I liked the chemistry it's reminds me of Khushi Arnav from Iss pyaar ka naam du. 

- Here I really liked Dadu character. Because here in his voice is soothing and calm.

- Firstly here they have not made Sid character a western follower with chanting Jesus, eating roti puri with fork or really annoyed 24/7hr. 

- Here I liked that they have shown him understanding Mithai antics, behavior and he looks cute though.☺️

- I will say that Here the leads can do better romance scenes. Because they have chemistry..

What about acting ??

I liked leads acting but they both can do much better than OG. 

I don't liked Apeksha character ( chalta hai becoz she is a villain)

I liked Halla Party. I feel once main story will start the Halla party character will be seen in many layers. 

Papa ji character is similar to the OG. 🤢so I would refrain talking about that. 

Both moms are very cute and their acting is top notch. 

Special mention : The brij culture and dialects is perfectly going well with the theme. 

Final verdict : this show is only for Hindi Television fans and it's a good show. Still I feel we have to give time ... 

Rating - 3.5/5 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

I feel the conceptualization could be improved. Mithai politely refusing was okay but the execution just seems too dry & sometimes OTT at times. 

The leads have potential but the execution is dragging, OTT & dry as per viewer's POV. 

It just feels too slow & OTT. 

Ayu_12 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Myrah_2020

I feel the conceptualization could be improved. Mithai politely refusing was okay but the execution just seems too dry & sometimes OTT at times. 

The leads have potential but the execution is dragging, OTT & dry as per viewer's POV. 

It just feels too slow & OTT. 

Well I m glad atleast here they are showing Chemistry of leads before they will be married. Regarding slow pace, every show either start their serials in a full speed or slow speed but after 100 episode they hurried or really slow down. 

I think this show can do better without copying the OG version. As they have changed the storyline .... 

Let's hope for the best

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I Haven't Seen The Original Series.

So Can't Say Anything About It

But I Watched The First Episode Till Now Its Pretty Good So Far

If It Gets Dragged Too Much Then Will Quit.

Just Watching For Time Pass.

mirai07 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Green - My thoughts

Originally posted by: Ayu_12

Totally Honest !!

The show is a remake of bengali version. Understood but I have one problem is that show is still on going. Does Remake will be suitable? 

I would say no. Because I genuinely felt that people will watch og rather than remake. 

I will watch both - well, I haven't watched the OG for a while but I was rather excited for the hindi one.

Let's come to Hindi Version

They took everything as it is. But now OG focus on Bengali culture and lifestyle. Here It's UP and vrindavan. So here it is very calm and composed family. Rather funny unlike the OG 

Few things I liked more than OG 

- Sid Character here looks good and it's well written. You can feel that here ML is not as confused or that arrogant or rude which I have watched on OG.

Agreed! The guy seems less confused and more calm and focused. That's a good difference to have.👏

- I liked the chemistry it's reminds me of Khushi Arnav from Iss pyaar ka naam du.

Right! The guy is honestly cute and Debattama was pretty convincing as Mithai too.❤️

- Here I really liked Dadu character. Because here in his voice is soothing and calm.

- Firstly here they have not made Sid character a western follower with chanting Jesus, eating roti puri with fork or really annoyed 24/7hr.

🤣That was epic no matter what...well, I found it funny (the roti/puri eating part)....yeah, western follower was a bit too irritating

- Here I liked that they have shown him understanding Mithai antics, behavior and he looks cute though.☺️

- I will say that Here the leads can do better romance scenes. Because they have chemistry..

What about acting ??

I liked leads acting but they both can do much better than OG. 

I don't liked Apeksha character ( chalta hai becoz she is a villain)

I liked Halla Party. I feel once main story will start the Halla party character will be seen in many layers. 

Papa ji character is similar to the OG. 🤢so I would refrain talking about that. 

Both moms are very cute and their acting is top notch. 

Special mention : The brij culture and dialects is perfectly going well with the theme. 

Yup, I found it adorable! Mithai Maa is good too! I loved her acting.

Final verdict : this show is only for Hindi Television fans and it's a good show. Still I feel we have to give time ... 

Rating - 3.5/5 

I like the plot of the story in OG. And Soumitrisha and Adrit (the actors) are rather cute in the OG. The fact that I could connect with the Hindi version from the first epi was pretty promising for me.

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

I have just started this show, catching up. I am on the episode where Dadu tells everyone he has chosen Mithai for Shubham. 

So far up till where i have seen it. I like the serial so far - the good thing is the family members are all good people (except Sid's dad who gets frustrated lol. He basically chants each time how he is not valued blah blah but does the exact same to Shubham)

I do like the leads for the characteristics shown. And Sid is stern but he is gentle too. And like you say he is not confused, he isn't arrogrant too. So far he improved from start till now. Deb suits Mithai (i saw bits of her in the sony tv serial she did and no i did watch her last serial on star). 

I look forward to more scenes with Sid and Mithai. 

I realised all the boys brothers names start with S. And the girls sisters/cousins start with K. 

At one point i thought Keerti and Rohan (i think thats his name - marriage talk with Karishma) would be suitable just cos they happen to know one poem lol. 

Ayu_12 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Lennie

I have just started this show, catching up. I am on the episode where Dadu tells everyone he has chosen Mithai for Shubham. 

So far up till where i have seen it. I like the serial so far - the good thing is the family members are all good people (except Sid's dad who gets frustrated lol. He basically chants each time how he is not valued blah blah but does the exact same to Shubham)

I do like the leads for the characteristics shown. And Sid is stern but he is gentle too. And like you say he is not confused, he isn't arrogrant too. So far he improved from start till now. Deb suits Mithai (i saw bits of her in the sony tv serial she did and no i did watch her last serial on star). 

I look forward to more scenes with Sid and Mithai. 

I realised all the boys brothers names start with S. And the girls sisters/cousins start with K. 

At one point i thought Keerti and Rohan (i think thats his name - marriage talk with Karishma) would be suitable just cos they happen to know one poem lol. 

You guessed right. It is going to be Keerti and Rohan marriage, as Karishma will ran away ...

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

You guessed right. It is going to be Keerti and Rohan marriage, as Karishma will ran away ...

Oh ok. I saw one scene and nothing after with them so i let it go (but i am only uptil where Sid brings back Mithai and Indu home and Pramod is revealed as a negative person)

I also keeping my self kinda away from any spoilers from the OG show too. I don't mind but since i am binge watching to catch up... 

Smiley3262017 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

really wow, Aabha will be really pissed off ... but u gave away the surprise 🤔

1sarun thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

The serial is good,  cast is also good.  I guess they should focus on the execution part,  may be speed up a bit.