Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: McGorgeous

I don't think the problem per se is that Ranveer is in the front. That's fine, given the audience demographics. But the female characters don't even register. Dangal is a good balance. That trailer also is almost entirely Aamir, but the female characters still intrigue. Maybe this will surprise, and like Dangal all the actresses would be in much more prominent roles but I don't get the feeling from the trailer. 

The film also has the very Bollywood parody perspective on rural areas. This will tank in the markets where it is supposed to work. It will be a lot of urban kids posturing on Instagram about real social issues and how they are shocked this still happens. While no one in the intended markets cares. 

Well to be honest it doesn't happen anymore even in rural areas..Heard just one incident about this happening when I was a kid and that's long ago. Don't think new gen will relate to the story.

But Ranveer is fab

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Production houses make movies for profit. They'll opt for the person who will bring the audience. They're not in the social justice business. 

But of course, you do know this.😆 I think the problem here is he is DP's hubby.

I would suggest reading what I wrote again. But of course, upto you ❤️

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

👍🏼 Jordaar!! 
looking forward to it

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Come back!!!!!!!!! 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I don't think the problem per se is that Ranveer is in the front. That's fine, given the audience demographics. But the female characters don't even register. Dangal is a good balance. That trailer also is almost entirely Aamir, but the female characters still intrigue. Maybe this will surprise, and like Dangal all the actresses would be in much more prominent roles but I don't get the feeling from the trailer. 

The daughter in Jayeshbhai registered for me. Despite having a minuscule role in the trailer - she stood out to me. I personally found Dangal offputting because I felt like the trailer and movie centered on Aamir so much. 

But, we all connect with characters and movies subjectively. 

The film also has the very Bollywood parody perspective on rural areas. This will tank in the markets where it is supposed to work. It will be a lot of urban kids posturing on Instagram about real social issues and how they are shocked this still happens. While no one in the intended markets cares. 

Possibly. I didn't think so. I assumed Ranveer's star power might carry the film. But I do have an urban perspective and can be dead wrong. 

I do hope it touches on some regional and rural masses at least. 

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Well to be honest it doesn't happen anymore even in rural areas..Heard just one incident about this happening when I was a kid and that's long ago. Don't think new gen will relate to the story.

But Ranveer is fab

I haven’t come across an incident in recent years. Actually awareness for Girl child has increased.

But to deny that this doesn’t happen is far fetched. Female infanticide happens in educated, well to do classes more than the poor class. Jayeshbhai’s father could afford to check baby’s gender is cause he is sarpanch and can payoff doctor. 

Going by India’s population, Even a minuscule percentage of cases will result in higher numbers and that’s just sad. Any and every awareness is helpful.

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Man great to see Shalini Pandey in something prominent after Arjun Reddy in so long. Thought she had disappeared. 

Ranveer is gonna shine in this. An all out movie made for him. 

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Sorry but it looks really boring and low budget. This the type of movie you do when you make 10 films a year like Ayushman and Akshay do. It seems like it was readymade for those two actors anyway. 

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

The trailer looks good😍 I actually love the low budget vibe that it had going on, for some reason, it doesn't feel flashy or too much in face. 

Ranveer and the lead actress are 😍😍😍 and the kid is🔥🔥🔥

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

It’s true that the issue of female infanticide has decreased, however it does still exist. In the Asian culture there are many who still do prefer to have a boy over a girl, yes they aren’t as vocal about it but I have seen it myself, especially the older generations hoping that when someone gets pregnant they have a boy.

In this movie jayesh’s father is a village head, and all he is thinking about is jayesh having a son so that their family can continue to be the head of the village for more generations, because the village isnt going to accept a female village head, even today the heads of villages are male. 

So jayesh has a lot of pressure on him that the other men in the village do not have, plus this movie seems to touch upon other issues of toxic masculinity, such as the girl at the start of the trailer saying some men in the village get drunk and harass the women and she requests that a ban be put on alcohol, but the village head completely disregards her and says the issue is the women using scented soap, this still happens today. 

The movie seems so cute, jayesh, his wife and daughter seem to be such adorable characters, it’s refreshing to see a movie like this, we are mostly seeing high budget action entertainers, so it’s nice to see a smaller budget light entertainer that touches upon an important social issue.

Everyone seems to have acted very well, shalini looks promising the girl who plays their daughter is so good! And wow ranveer, is there any role he can’t do? The most versatile actor! Even for this role his whole look, body language and voice has changed, this is the same guy who played bajirao, khilji and kapil dev, amazing! 

Edited by zara321 - 2 years ago