Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 years ago

It is no secret how much I loathe Ranveer. But gosh, I think someday he might win me over. This is such an important movie packaged in a light massy entertainer. Ranveer has truly morphed into the character. 

I get why it may seem odd to have men at the forefront of women's issues. I do wish the female character was more prominent. But I also know how Indian society functions. The rural areas that would abort female babies are not going to pay attention to a feminist movie with a female lead. Besides, the daughter does seem to be a firecracker and his inspiration. 

BornWithASmirk thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

It is no secret how much I loathe Ranveer. But gosh, I think someday he might win me over. This is such an important movie packaged in a light massy entertainer. Ranveer has truly morphed into the character. 

I get why it may seem odd to have men at the forefront of women's issues. I do wish the female character was more prominent. But I also know how Indian society functions. The rural areas that would abort female babies are not going to pay attention to a feminist movie with a female lead. Besides, the daughter does seem to be a firecracker and his inspiration. 

@boldImage

Edited by BornWithASmirk - 2 years ago
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I mean I couldn't even remember the wife and daughter's face after it ended. It was just Ranveer 95%

Tetul thumbnail

Originally posted by: McGorgeous

I mean I couldn't even remember the wife and daughter's face after it ended. It was just Ranveer 95%

But how is it a good sign?

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I don't think the problem per se is that Ranveer is in the front. That's fine, given the audience demographics. But the female characters don't even register. Dangal is a good balance. That trailer also is almost entirely Aamir, but the female characters still intrigue. Maybe this will surprise, and like Dangal all the actresses would be in much more prominent roles but I don't get the feeling from the trailer. 

The film also has the very Bollywood parody perspective on rural areas. This will tank in the markets where it is supposed to work. It will be a lot of urban kids posturing on Instagram about real social issues and how they are shocked this still happens. While no one in the intended markets cares. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Because he's the star who will bring the audience?

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tetul

But how is it a good sign?

Oh it was snark ðŸ˜†

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Because he's the star who will bring the audience?

And?  No other character in the film can be rememberable? Like if he was 70% of the trailer instead of 90% giving the others some space, less people will show up? Why are there any other characters then? Just let it be a one man play

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Who are these jokers ðŸ¤¡

Youtube reviewers ðŸ¥³

HearMeRoar thumbnail

And?  No other character in the film can be rememberable? Like if he was 70% of the trailer instead of 90% giving the others some space, less people will show up? Why are there any other characters then? Just let it be a one man play

Production houses make movies for profit. They'll opt for the person who will bring the audience. They're not in the social justice business. 

But of course, you do know this.😆 I think the problem here is he is DP's hubby.