Posted: 1 years ago

Its good if Kanyadaan not happened, 

Just imagine Mahesh Bhatt Kanyadaan kare jisene Pooja Bhatt ko smooch kiya tha,,,, yuck

But Alia looks preety, more than kiss I like when Ranbir pick her in his arms in front of media and media people dancing.πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒ

Edited by -sim- - 1 years ago
Originally posted by Biraloo

No celebrity would be forced to go through any of the practices you have mentioned. It doesn't affect them on personal level but they are definetely forced to accept sindoor and mangalsutra which is quite appearant from Alia bhatt's wedding even though she is half muslim half chriatian. NOT DONE!!

Monirities also have to have full rights to practice their customs openly in a democracy. Looking at alia, i feel sad that she had to make to with an ivory/off white saari instead of a white christian gown.

Well obviously! Because they are celebrities. But It's pretty hypocritical of them to not speak on or follow such progressive practices like triple talak, mutah or halala themselves. It's not proper of celebs to ignore them just because they are minorities. They deserve equal respect and attention, don't they?

No, it's not.

Speaking of something which affects them personally while ignoring what doesn't is not hypocrisy at all. It's called minding their own business.

You are falling short of logic today, nathu!πŸ˜†

No I'm not! πŸ˜‘

As a celebrity, don't they have some social responsibilities? They are always fulfilling their social responsibilities towards Hindus by educating them on how to celebrate holi, diwali, telling them which customs are regressive and need to be changed. But they totally ignore the minorities like they don't even exist. Mujhse nahi saha jaata itna injustice πŸ˜­ par jaane do, tum nahi samjhogi πŸ˜’

Live and let live!

Let the girl celebrate/have her wedding the way she wants..it's her day..

Seriously? Her wedding her say period. 

Someone who faced vicious trolling and abuses bravely by speaking against regressive rituals like kanyadaan only to accept much worse symbolism of patriarchy and women oppression such as Sindoor and Mangalsutra when it comes to her own personal life is not only disappointing for her fans but against liberal values she stands for. If a free spirited daughter of mahesh bhatt is not able to break free from these societal evils, what are the chances for any regular woman?

aise to logon ne shaadi ki rasme karna hi chod dena chahiye... sirf court me jao sign karlo...khatam.

this is all symbolic anyway..actresses barely wear it forever. How many actresses hv you seen wearing sindoor and mangal sutra at all times after marriages? none. Like it happens with most women...they wear it during a particular event but dont wear it otherwise

Pseudo n hypocrite Alo must leave alone poor viewers . 

Most people don’t wear the sindoor and mangalsutra regularly. She had a traditional wedding, and wearing the sindoor and mangalsutra are part of it.

When did Alia say anything against Kanyadaan personally, wasn't she just acting in the ad? Sorry I don't have much idea about that controversy. I mean she just did an ad, I doubt Alia has that much brain to question anything, girl basically gives the most regressive meri pati mahaan type vibesπŸ˜†