Gulki Joshi and Yukti Kappor on Kareena

LogicLover thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Creating separate post for this article as I really found it to be a good one. Yuki described Kareena bond beautifully

https://www.indiaforums.com/article/omg-this-is-how-haseena-malik-gets-her-memory-back-on-sony-sabs-maddam-sir_186121?mode=amp

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anee2 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Yes, I think this is one of the best articles on Maddam Sir so far! I always like to know how actors understand their character and that character's relationships, it's really interesting to compare that with the viewer's perception and see the differences. Particularly for this kareena bond, because its so unique and new in itv that fans still can't completely wrap their head around it. Yuki described their characters and onscreen bond so perfectly here.

LogicLover thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Anee2

Yes, I think this is one of the best articles on Maddam Sir so far! I always like to know how actors understand their character and that character's relationships, it's really interesting to compare that with the viewer's perception and see the differences. Particularly for this kareena bond, because its so unique and new in itv that fans still can't completely wrap their head around it. Yuki described their characters and onscreen bond so perfectly here.

Right, Kareena bond in something that everyone interprets in their own way. On itv, such a friendship bond between two female characters have not been explored yet so this came up as an unique concept. From day one, it has always been Haseena vs Karishma and now they ended up as Kareena together.

Everyone perceives their bond according to their own perspective. For few they are best friends, few take them as soul sisters, some take them as mentor-follower, for few they are Karishna and Arjun (friend and guide in one person) and then there is section of audience that even take them as couple(though Karishma is already married and Haseena once loved Anubhav ðŸ¤£).

Their relationship has been given so many names and you cannot call anyone's perception as wrong. 

But how these characters see their relationship was quite new and beautifully described.

Gulki rightly said that soul mates do not necessarily come in form of life partners. They can be friends as well.

I think soulmates don’t just come in the form of romantic partners. Sometimes, they come into your life as a friend, and that is what Karishma Singh is to Haseena Malik. They are no less than soul sisters. Haseena is always patient with Karishma and wants the best for her. There have been times in the past when the two have had major disagreements because of their opposing natures, but even in those moments they were always looking out for each other. Their love and respect for each other have always won whenever their friendship has been put to test.

And how beautifully Yukti summed up Haseeena and Karishma's bond

Karishma is a classic hot-head while Haseena always neutralises a heated situation with her unique out-of-the-box solutions. She truly embodies our slogan â€˜Kuch Baat Hai Kyunki Jazbaat Hai,’ because of her empathetic ways. This opposing nature makes them have the best on screen partnership. Even though Karishma has a strong personality herself, she highly respects Haseena and often puts herself in her shoes to navigate through difficult situations. She was also the one to feel most devastated at the news of Haseena Malik’s passing