Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

Rajasthan Royals

Posted: 2 years ago

After MS Dhoni Steps Down As CSK Captain, Virat Kohlis Message For Him

MS Dhoni stepped down as Chennai Super Kings' captain, handing the reins over to Ravindra Jadeja, and Virat Kohli took to social media to toast his tenure as skipper.

Virat Kohli shared an emotional message for him. Kohli and Dhoni are known to share a close bond and the former congratulated the iconic wicketkeeper-batter for a great stint as captain, during which he led CSK to four Indian Premier League (IPL) titles. "Legendary captaincy tenure in yellow skip. A chapter fans will never forget," Kohli wrote in his tweet. "Always Respect," he added, with red and yellow heart emojis.

Edited by Viswasruti - 2 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

Rajasthan Royals

In the 14 past editions of the Indian Premier League, David Warner is the only one to have won the Orange Cap thrice 

David Warner has won Orange Cap thrice in IPL. 

Virat Kohli had won it in 2016.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Rajasthan Royals

Moeen Ali will miss CSK's opening fixture, but will be available to play from their second match. 

Chennai Super Kings' star all-rounder Moeen Ali has secured his India visa and will be available for selection from the second game 

Viswasruti thumbnail

Rajasthan Royals

After being appointed Chennai Super Kings' new skipper, Ravindra Jadeja on Thursday said that he would look to carry forward the legacy of MS Dhoni.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Rajasthan Royals

IPL 2022: Daryl Mitchell was bought by Rajasthan Royals for Rs 75 lakh in the mega auction earlier this year, and the 30-year-old just wants to contribute to the team's cause in whatever way possible.

Edited by Viswasruti - 2 years ago
-Sunshine thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: evilxbalaa

Great! I used to feel weird being the only Pakistani in IPL threads๐Ÿ˜†

Weren't you, me and Havaana the only Pakistanis in the T20 WC threads too?๐Ÿ˜†

and I did participate in the IPL guessing game last year but not much active on threads as iftar time and match clash

MochaQueen thumbnail

Royal Challengers Bengaluru

Originally posted by: -Sunshine

Weren't you, me and Havaana the only Pakistanis in the T20 WC threads too?๐Ÿ˜†

and I did participate in the IPL guessing game last year but not much active on threads as iftar time and match clash

For me it was fine since match usually ended 2 hours before Iftar here๐Ÿ˜†

I miss our IPL gameโค๏ธ

Savera84 thumbnail

Need to approach IPL 2022 as 'neutral tournament', say Rohit and Jayawardene

Almost 80% of the league stage games will be in and around their home city, but the Mumbai Indians have last played there in 2019

Mumbai Indians are scheduled to play 11 of their 14 league matches in IPL 2022 across three venues in Mumbai, but both Rohit Sharma and Mahela Jayawardene, the captain and coach, believe there will be no home advantage for the five-time IPL champions.

"It's a relatively new team, a lot of new guys have come in," Rohit told the media on Wednesday. "Seventy to 80% of the squad hasn't played in Bombay before. Only myself, Surya [Suryakumar Yadav], [Kieron] Pollard, Ishan [Kishan] and [Jasprit] Bumrah have played in Bombay, others have not played [that much]. So there is no such thing as an added advantage. We all are playing in Bombay after two years. In fact, the other franchises played in Bombay last year. We didn't get to play."

Jayawardene echoed that sentiment and pointed out that it was, in fact, the opposition teams who had more experience of playing in Mumbai especially the first half of the last season when Mumbai Indians played their first seven matches at away venues.

"I don't even remember when last we played in Mumbai," Jayawardene said. "That was about two-and-half or three years ago. I think a lot of the other teams played here in the last season. And some of the guys who played for Mumbai over the last few years are now with other franchises. So they have that advantage if you look at it."

Savera84 thumbnail

All the very best to Jadeja.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

He already proved that he is a valuable player.

Now we will see how he leads his team.

Those are very big shoes to fill in, but I am sure he will be able to do his job just fine and I am sure Dhoni will be around as a player to train him on the job.

Cheers..