Bashing of the actors for the storyline!

LogicLover thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Before starting my rant, I'd like to apologize in advance if I hurt someone but I felt this was necessary to be addressed!

I've saw many posts on YouTube, Instagram and Twitter. Maddam Sir was trending yesterday on Twitter. That's the power of MS fandom.

All the posts were very much similar. Viewers feel betrayed by makers for portraying a character like Anubhav as a traitor overnight. We all know he can be anything but definitely not a traitor.

I know it hurts when you realize there would be no Anuseena after tomorrow. There would be no DSP Anubhav who could solve most complex cases with a smile on his face. That's the power of his negotiation skills. There would be no Anu Bhaiya to motivate Karishma Singh when she feels low. There would be no one to set things right between Haseena and Karishma. There would be no DSP Sir who would support MPT like a rock. And there would be no Anubhav in whose arms Haseena could find solace again. 

I appreciate Anuseena fans for keeping their hopes alive even when Anubhav went missing for months. It was your constant love for the couple and character that forced makers to bring him back. And after all this if you see Anubhav and Anuseena meet such an end, it's obvious to feel betrayed.

And I know what upsets you is not end of Anubhav. But its the way the character ended. If he was shown to be a martyr, sacrificing his life for the country, taking his last breath in arms of Haseena and leaving this show wrapped in a flag, you would have felt that character got the tribute it deserved.

Just within one episode, makers have shown everything to be a facade and we all know it's not the truth. It was last minute cooked up plot.

As a viewer, you've complete right to call out the makers for that. You have right to rant about the episode. If you feel you cannot continue with the show, you have completel right to boycott it. No one would like to continue with a show you cannot connect with it anymore.

But guys what I don't get is why to drag actors into it. I'm actually shocked to see it's same MS fandom who have aways been positive. How can same fandom go and bash actors by tagging them in every post and stories. I really don't get why so much hatred for the actors.

I've read many posts and stories where Gulki and Rahil were tagged and bashed brutally. People are bashing Gulki for not mourning over Anubhav's death. They are literally calling her out because she didn't oppose the script or for demanding for new hero in previous IVs! People are bashing Rahil for leaving this show. They are upset because he agreed to portray Anubhav as a traitor. I've seen posts where people called him money-minded because he is leaving show so that he could get better projects.

And after IV of Gulki-Yukti, even Yukti has been dragged into this. Fans are upset because according to them, Rahil did not get the respect he deserved from the duo. 

Guys, are you hearing yourselves? Actors just act their part. They have nothing to do with the script and it's not their place to intervene.

I understand if you are upset with writers. I understand if you feel Haseena never loved Anubhav and she never deserved him (although I'll never agree to this because Haseena had faith in Anubhav like no one could if in her place but for now let's not debate on it) or Karishma couldn't be the best sister. I also understand if you cannot continue with the show. I understand if you stopping liking actors as well. But I don't understand why to troll them. It's not cool.

Just think if a fictional script can take this troll on your mental health then the people you are bashing are in real. They might not respond back to you but they definitely would have read all that. It's the same actors who have always been proud of their fans.

I'll say again. Take out your frustration on show, makers, writers, characters, plot or anything but please let's not drag actors into it.

Not proofread!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chir-Cute thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 9

It all comes down to maturity. A large portion of the FD are children who follow this show religiously and maybe somewhere the CVs pampered them excessively and now it is the tantrum phase because they didn't get what they demanded. Gulki, as an adult, understands the trauma a person will go through of being left at the altar, hence it seemed like she was not into Anuseena but was helpless due to the fans' constant pressure. Hence she had to be careful about her choice of words in the interviews. But, Gulki being Gulki, did go ahead and say it out that's it's not a small thing. But that's on Anuseena. Almost everyone loved Anubhav on his own and it is no fault of the actors. they are employees of a PH and do what they are asked to. they are not bosses but who will explain this to those who still think romance is everything in this world. I agree that the way Anubhav's character was shown from the beginning and this sudden transformation does not sit well with anyone and so fans have every right to be upset and put their points forward, however, I have always believed that there always has to be a better way things are said and done. Tact is a quality that has been long lost in the audience. tagging and bashing someone for something which they have no control over is simply shameless. I started watching the show when Anubhav wasn't even there and nor am I  very attached to his character so it doesn't really make a difference to me if he is no longer in the show. I am very much attached to the MPT not him. But, at the same time, I do agree that he was a true patriot and ending his character in a villainous way would be such a shame. I think CVs need to trod very carefully in the execution of everything if they are indeed ending his character because chaos has been created and fans are infuriated beyond words. The level of venom they are spewing on social media sites is just shocking. Makes me question the type of generation that we as a society are raising. 

Anee2 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chir-Cute

It all comes down to maturity. A large portion of the FD are children who follow this show religiously and maybe somewhere the CVs pampered them excessively and now it is the tantrum phase because they didn't get what they demanded. Gulki, as an adult, understands the trauma a person will go through of being left at the altar, hence it seemed like she was not into Anuseena but was helpless due to the fans' constant pressure. Hence she had to be careful about her choice of words in the interviews. But, Gulki being Gulki, did go ahead and say it out that's it's not a small thing. But that's on Anuseena. Almost everyone loved Anubhav on his own and it is no fault of the actors. they are employees of a PH and do what they are asked to. they are not bosses but who will explain this to those who still think romance is everything in this world. I agree that the way Anubhav's character was shown from the beginning and this sudden transformation does not sit well with anyone and so fans have every right to be upset and put their points forward, however, I have always believed that there always has to be a better way things are said and done. Tact is a quality that has been long lost in the audience. tagging and bashing someone for something which they have no control over is simply shameless. I started watching the show when Anubhav wasn't even there and nor am I  very attached to his character so it doesn't really make a difference to me if he is no longer in the show. I am very much attached to the MPT not him. But, at the same time, I do agree that he was a true patriot and ending his character in a villainous way would be such a shame. I think CVs need to trod very carefully in the execution of everything if they are indeed ending his character because chaos has been created and fans are infuriated beyond words. The level of venom they are spewing on social media sites is just shocking. Makes me question the type of generation that we as a society are raising. 

You're right, Gulki was never supportive of Anuseena and has tried to subtly explain the valid reasons to fans in every interview where asked. As an adult I totally appreciate her stand, and admire how carefully she's treaded around that ship for many months now because she knew the kid fans' craze. 

Of course its no fault or involvement of hers as an actor for what the makers decided, so all the fans saying she should've spoken up are just downright delusional. But right now I think most of the hate is coming from cast's reaction, or lack thereof, towards anubhav turning a traitor. As actors, anubhav was simply a character whom their characters interacted with in various scenes. They don't get invested into his patriotic behaviour, his romantic scenes, his brotherly relations etc. for months on end. So they may brush it off like another criminal. But fans, that too kids, cannot distance themselves so easily and quickly from a character they probably spent hours watching, rewatching, analyzing and making VMs on. So I can understand and empathize with the mindset with which both actors and fans are approaching this. Regardless, I think not just the cvs but the actors also need to tread very carefully, acknowledging the fans' emotional breakdown. The wound is raw, and anything resembling salt will make the whole fandom scream. (Maybe the actors are aware of a twist, or they themselves have no justification just like us, thus the passive reaction because they probably didn't know what else to say - but fans were definitely expecting closure).

Like you said, we're all upset with the injustice done to anubhav's character, yet there's a right and wrong way of voicing opinion. Even if you're upset with something said/done by an actor, there should be a basic decency and respect in your tone - they're not owned by you that you can insult or reprimand them openly. Unfortunately it seems this generation has been exposed to ideas, words and emotions well before they had the maturity to fully understand and handle them. They're still the same child throwing a tantrum for a candy, except their attachment is to a fictional character instead of that candy. And they have a wider range of nasty dialogues at their service, which I'm sure they learnt from premature exposure to some other nasty content.

LogicLover thumbnail

Something common between both Rahil and Gulki was none of them ever promoted Anuseena. They wouldn't mention about it until specifically asked. They both  mentioned  time and again that they love shooting with each other and how comfortable they both got with each other. But they wouldn't mention much about Anuseena.

I guess that was because they always knew this show won't ever have full-fledged love story. Even now Gulki isn't mentioning anything until she is being asked what does she feel about this track

Chir-Cute thumbnail

Originally posted by: LogicLover

Something common between both Rahil and Gulki was none of them ever promoted Anuseena. They wouldn't mention about it until specifically asked. They both  mentioned  time and again that they love shooting with each other and how comfortable they both got with each other. But they wouldn't mention much about Anuseena.

I guess that was because they always knew this show won't ever have full-fledged love story. Even now Gulki isn't mentioning anything until she is being asked what does she feel about this track

True. that's something even I have noticed. Infact, Gulki has always mentioned, how Anubhav will run off to another mission as soon as something begins between them. She has always dropped hints that Anuseena is not in the long race. Even in one of the recent YuKi interviews, Yukti mentioned that Gulki is not a big fan of doing romance onscreen. She does it as per the script demands. Yeh baat alag hai ki she looks amazing when she is all coy and all and we can't help but aww to it  

Krish58 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 3

I really hate this, when people especially people on other social media sites anuse and bash actors and actress  for whatever happens in show or how characters are shown..Why should people bash out them??People should have some sense  or maturity that it's not actors and actress that decided storyline it's writers..So why to harress poor actors who are just doing the job.

LogicLover thumbnail

And the worst part is people didn't even stop dragging Rahil into it. There are stories where people mentioned that Rahil never understand Anubhav or he played with emotions of fans

Okay, I agree interview of Yuki might be unintentionally instigating the fans but what can Rahil do if storyline demands his exit. An actor doesn't only plays the character, he lives it ðŸ˜­

Edited by LogicLover - 2 years ago
Chir-Cute thumbnail

And the worst part is people didn't even stop dragging Rahil into it. There are stories where people mentioned that Rahil never understand Anubhav or he played with emotions of fans

Okay, I agree interview of Yuki might be unintentionally instigating the fans but what can Rahil do if storyline demands his exit. An actor doesn't only plays the character, he lives it ðŸ˜­

I read somewhere (can't remember) that Rahil asked for his character to be ended. Not sure how much truth is in it. I agree with you and Anee. The actors should just give these fans space and let them grieve while they should for the moment not give interviews in regards to Rahil's sequence. It's just bringing them unnecessary backlash. The cast doesn't deserve this insanity. 

LogicLover thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chir-Cute

I read somewhere (can't remember) that Rahil asked for his character to be ended. Not sure how much truth is in it. I agree with you and Anee. The actors should just give these fans space and let them grieve while they should for the moment not give interviews in regards to Rahil's sequence. It's just bringing them unnecessary backlash. The cast doesn't deserve this insanity. 

I guess that's an assumption as Rahil mentioned once he doesn't like playing a character for a longer period.

I guess it's writer's choice but if it's Rahil's choice, I respect his decision. I'm a working professional myself and I can understand how important it is to look for better opportunities. Even if I'm happy with my current job, I won't like working at same place as it stops the growth. It's not his fault!

I agree fans need time. Very soon, they will overcome this. I can state from my personal experience no matter how deep you're attached to a fictional character, it won't hurt after few days.

Chir-Cute thumbnail

I guess that's an assumption as Rahil mentioned once he doesn't like playing a character for a longer period.

I guess it's writer's choice but if it's Rahil's choice, I respect his decision. I'm a working professional myself and I can understand how important it is to look for better opportunities. Even if I'm happy with my current job, I won't like working at same place as it stops the growth. It's not his fault!

I agree fans need time. Very soon, they will overcome this. I can state from my personal experience no matter how deep you're attached to a fictional character, it won't hurt after few days.

It would make sense too. We all have seen that Rahil is indeed a good actor and he deserves a show to explore his talent more consistently. Maddam Sir is a show where he comes for a week or two and then is not seen for months. As an actor, his capability is being restricted. He, as an individual, has every right to look for something better and more promising. Even he had said in an interview that he's to travel quite far to come to the sets and how he was not in favour of doing this character in the beginning because of the said reason. I read on Twitter someone accusing of him becoming money minded and stating that as a reason for leaving the show. That's such a disgusting allegation. Why doesn't he have the right to choose his betterment? People really need to be more appreciative and supportive of their favourite celebs' choices instead of limiting their skills. 

Edited by Chir-Cute - 2 years ago