Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iluvusakshi thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

In every new episode, the writers are writing Jayadev's feelings for Vidya as if they don't remember what he did in the last scene!

Months ago, after falling on top of Vidya, Jayadev was lying in bed, smiling at the thought of her. Now, forgetting that, he denies wanting to marry Vidya.

Then he visits her house, insists on cooking dinner with her, flirts with her, and exchanges chains. At home, he rehearses how he should propose to her, with Pitya advising him to stage an action movie scene.

Right after that, Jayadev needs Ambika to tell him that what he is feeling for Vidya is called love! As if he didn't know!

Dreaming of Vidya, Jayadev says, "I'm a gūṇḍa, and you're so educated and refined." How can a Sarapañca who hands over his property to every wife-beater also be a gūṇḍa, a gangster? Urged by Pitya, Jayadev tries to propose to Vidya, and even asks Ambika to be his proxy.

And then, out of nowhere, Jayadev promises Vinita that he will marry Ashvini immediately! In the next scene, he asks Ashvini why she is upset, as if he doesn't know that she thinks of him as her big brother and was counting on his promise to help her marry Abhijit.

Vishvanath and Vinita are hopelessly abusive parents who should be under psychiatric observation for their threats of suicide, but Jayadev was supposed to be a gentleman. Any man who would agree to force a girl into marriage, basically threatening that he could rape her at any time, is not a gentleman. And when the girl sees him as her big brother, it's an incestuous betrayal of her trust.

No continuity and no integrity for this character! Shame!

😆

गजनी झालाय का जयदेव चा??😆

10 minutes पूर्वीचा काही आठवत नाही?

जयदेव आणि विद्या ची स्टोरी जराही पुढे सरकली नाही तर....

सगळ्याच serilas मध्ये कथा ही कासवाच्या/ गोगलगायीच्या गतीने चालतात.😢

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

Is everything on this show one big parody?

Like every other show, all of the characters are vociferous that they want the baby to be a girl. Even Rangarav, who beats his wife and demands dowry for maintaining his wife and daughter-in-law, craves the opportunity to serve his mother's reincarnation, which could only be female in his imagination. As if he knows how to change a diaper!

Whose idea is it to promote female births with this hammering? Does the channel get government grants for propaganda? The giddy talk of "I only want a girl!" ... the disappointment at the news that it will be a boy ... the protestation of faith that God will make it a girl ... all of this behaviour is just as ignorant as the bias for male births that it's supposed to counteract. Why can't there be sensible dialogues about the child having every opportunity for education and achievement, regardless of assigned gender?

When the astrologer was saying that it's wrong to find out if one is having a boy or a girl, and then he gave his prediction anyway, the channel's logo obscured the disclaimer that it does not endorse fetal sex determination. Why bother with a disclaimer anyway, when the whole point of the scene is to pass on unscientific nonsense as faith-based tradition, generation after generation? Never mind the baby's sex; doesn't the astrologer realize that he is encumbering and endangering the future baby by predicting that it will bring misfortune to Jayadev? If the baby isn't allowed to see his uncle, or his parents don't give him proper food, clothing, health care, and education, because he is bad luck, whose fault will that be? Is it ethical to make people believe that a baby is responsible for events in their lives?

The astrologer hasn't even seen Jayadev's horoscope, and the baby doesn't have a horoscope until he's born. How is it even remotely logical to make any prediction of conflict between them? Simply based on the mother's and father's horoscopes, the astrologer predicts misfortune from the baby to the maternal uncle. Which maternal uncle? The baby's father is also his maternal uncle!

Ashvini just confessed that her relationship with Abhijit has "progressed beyond feelings." How is that possible, when she has been locked up since they were in Shekhar's house, in that scene of her telling Abhijit not to touch her shoulder until after marriage? Did they consummate at the corner of the upstairs hall, fully clothed and facing perpendicularly to each other, just before Jayadev approached and Abhijit ducked under the stairs? Or while Ashvini was chopping vegetables in the kitchen?

Of course, Vinita didn't hear Ashvini's confession, and the cliffhanger of Vinita's fury is about the clothes iron that Ashvini left flat to singe Jayadev's clothes.

HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Seems like they ended the show with a happy ending; it’s good to do so. I watch the original and basically no one actually marries their love and it’s just full of revenge. 

Sun Marathi has to stop copying original like xerox copy and come up with better screenplay. 

As ashok fan I’m glad he gets to move on from this show, getting a mismatched pair affected jaidev’s love story and very repetitive dialogues with limited scope for acting. 

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

I think that Jayadev and Vidya didn't work as a couple simply because they had no romantic story. There was no dramatic progression of them facing adversaries together, declaring their love, being forbidden by family or society but being unable to stay apart ... The actors were never directed to show passionate chemistry, and even as a boring couple on the backburner, they had no credibility as long as Jayadev kept saying that he was willing to marry Ashvini.

I agree with everything else that you said. Sun Marathi needs to develop its own identity for a Marathi audience's taste instead of repackaging Tamil content. I don't want to insult Tamil viewers, but as one Marathi viewer speaking for himself, I cannot cheer for a hero who lets wife-beaters extort him for property just to keep the abusive marriages going, instead of punishing the crimes already committed. I cannot sympathize with a brother or parents who claim the right to tell a woman whom to marry against her objections (essentially a lifetime of rape), who think that a violent criminal man's reformation is a worthy cause to promise him his chosen woman as a sexual prize, or who preach that childbearing will make abusive marriages easier. I cannot believe in a plot that depends on astrology and penance for half of its tension and murderers finding willing accomplices everywhere for the other half.

The happy ending was as disjointed as the rest of the show. Sunanda, instead of going back to her village to yell at her neighbours for stealing eggs from the hens they've been feeding for her all these months, popped up in a scene with Shekhar. It's Shekhar's plan to set up Abhijit to be exposed for lying about his mother, and he didn't tell Sunanda, so why did she bring him the husband of Abhijit's fake mother?

In Vāṉattaip Pōla, do Maya/Shalini/Shekhar succeed at killing Abhijit, leaving Ashvini pregnant so that Jayadev has to marry her and Vidya turns negative? Good riddance to Ābhāḷācī Māyā before that could happen!

I hope that Ashok Phal Dessai, Rohit Haldikar, Chhaya Sangavkar etc. will move on to projects that allow their talent to shine. Just watching Jayadev in disguise as a beggar, with completely different body language and voice register from Jayadev, one can tell that this actor wants a real challenge to show his range and touch our hearts.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 1 years ago
iluvusakshi thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8

ही serial संपली?

शेवट काय झालं?

अशी अर्धवट/घाईत का संपली?

HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

I think that Jayadev and Vidya didn't work as a couple simply because they had no romantic story. There was no dramatic progression of them facing adversaries together, declaring their love, being forbidden by family or society but being unable to stay apart ... The actors were never directed to show passionate chemistry, and even as a boring couple on the backburner, they had no credibility as long as Jayadev kept saying that he was willing to marry Ashvini.

I agree with everything else that you said. Sun Marathi needs to develop its own identity for a Marathi audience's taste instead of repackaging Tamil content. I don't want to insult Tamil viewers, but as one Marathi viewer speaking for himself, I cannot cheer for a hero who lets wife-beaters extort him for property just to keep the abusive marriages going, instead of punishing the crimes already committed. I cannot sympathize with a brother or parents who claim the right to tell a woman whom to marry against her objections (essentially a lifetime of rape), who think that a violent criminal man's reformation is a worthy cause to promise him his chosen woman as a sexual prize, or who preach that childbearing will make abusive marriages easier. I cannot believe in a plot that depends on astrology and penance for half of its tension and murderers finding willing accomplices everywhere for the other half.

The happy ending was as disjointed as the rest of the show. Sunanda, instead of going back to her village to yell at her neighbours for stealing eggs from the hens they've been feeding for her all these months, popped up in a scene with Shekhar. It's Shekhar's plan to set up Abhijit to be exposed for lying about his mother, and he didn't tell Sunanda, so why did she bring him the husband of Abhijit's fake mother?

In Vāṉattaip Pōla, do Maya/Shalini/Shekhar succeed at killing Abhijit, leaving Ashvini pregnant so that Jayadev has to marry her and Vidya turns negative? Good riddance to Ābhāḷācī Māyā before that could happen!

I hope that Ashok Phal Dessai, Rohit Haldikar, Chhaya Sangavkar etc. will move on to projects that allow their talent to shine. Just watching Jayadev in disguise as a beggar, with completely different body language and voice register from Jayadev, one can tell that this actor wants a real challenge to show his range and touch our hearts.

The serial has high trp in original but full of negative comments. Whatever is pointed out by you is pointed out by the audience there too. Inconsistencies in the male lead character and how selfish is the sister are always a point of discussion.

In original, Jaidev had to marry ashu because, raghav plots with mama and did a drama which get abhi arrested on the wedding day. That made ashu furious, and she takes revenge on jaidev and family by plotting with sunanda. meanwhile vidya though disappointed, continues to give her support to jaidev and tries to put some sense to ashu to accept jaidev (another ridiculous plot). Ashu continues to meet abhi and promises him that she will break the marriage and return to him. This plan is known to all but no one does anything. 

Sekhar marries sunanda's daughter and takes revenge on ambi (another disgusting plot)

It's good to end AM actually. Ashok deserves better, not this ridiculous plot. I was already complaining vidya doesnt match him, and marrying ashu who looks like his sister onscreen and offscreen will make it look odd.