Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Alpenliebe

Same with Aloo. 1st Streep, now Meena Kumari and Nargis. They're legends of Indian cinema and 🥔 has long way to go. 

I guess all this plays differently for me since I liked TDK and I don’t know if I’ve ever seen any film starring any of those women. 😆 

Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I guess all this plays differently for me since I liked TDK and I don’t know if I’ve ever seen any film starring any of those women. 😆 

That's fine. No problem. I come from a movie maniac family 😄 and my father was movie encyclopedia. I have watched plenty of movies, from art house to commercial. So it's easy for me to get the connection. That's why I avoid comparisons. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Correction I think I’ve seen 3 movies w Streep

Adaptation 

She devil 

An series of unfortunate events. 

But she was just about ok. The most famous thing I remember about Streep is some actress (Queen Latifa) in a sketch comedy show was making a joke “I didn’t get that role cause they were looking Meryl Streep type and they ended up hiring Meryl Streep herself” 😆

See that joke provides more quality entertainment for me than any actual movie I’ve seen w Streep 😆

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Alpenliebe

That's fine. No problem. I come from a movie maniac family 😄 and my father was movie encyclopedia. I have watched plenty of movies, from art house to commercial. So it's easy for me to get the connection. That's why I avoid comparisons. 

No I watch a ton of movies. But I usually by pass art movies. They don’t hold up for me. Like I couldn’t watch Revenant ever again beyond the first time I saw it. But the Departed now that’s probably something I can watch over and over. 

Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I love her in Kramer vs Kramer, she devil,  Sophie's choice, Still of the night ( though Streep said this is one of her worst movies) , Molly Gilmore movie (forgot it's name) and many more. In most movies she was awesome. But she too has her own bad days. Like the most recent Don't Look Up and I didn't like her in Devil wears Prada.

Yes I remember that sketch. It was hilarious.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Is there a video of Alia doing this ? Cause Viveks video lives in infamy 

C'mon😆. You're gonna pretend this is not planned PR? Oh, so naturally happening to Alia because she's all that was said?

Her cousin, her godfather, family friends, the director who has a financial stake in her... all are supposed to be impartial observers who're not at all coordinating?

Vivek was stupid enough to say it himself. Alia's PR gets her coterie to say it. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

C'mon😆. You're gonna pretend this is not planned PR? Oh, so naturally happening to Alia because she's all that was said?

Her cousin, her godfather, family friends, the director who has a financial stake in her... all are supposed to be impartial observers who're not at all coordinating?

Vivek was stupid enough to say it himself. Alia's PR gets her coterie to say it. 

No I’m not. I’m just saying why Viveks case is more PNL worthy. That video can be viewed over and over for years. I believe everything you say about these articles and who puts them out. But reading an article is not the same as watching the video for me to laugh at. That’s all I’m saying. 

cts22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

The PR should seriously stop, she is an above average actor, most of the crowd who like her are in the ages between 10 to 30 years.

Unfortunately it is not just Alia's credibility but the credibility of people like SLB who will hit an all time low with such talks