'Alia as Gangu at par with Nargis, Seema Biswas, Meena Kumari' - SLB - Page 4

Posted: 2 years ago

SLB knows his art, if he found similarities then he has every right to express them and to shower whatever many praises he wants on her.  

Only agenda trolls will dispute someone's personal opinion with illogical prattle, you cannot tell the man what he needs to think, he has earned the right in multiples to have his own opinion. 

Why should Alia care about "no ones" and "nobodies" respect? When the great SLB and the $deposit$ to her bank account say otherwise. Me thinks...

Originally posted by IAmLuvBolly

Working for?  No.  Working with?  Yes.  

I’m sure SLB and Alia’s PR are working very closely these days because of Gangu. And they will be working together in some capacity for the next year since they’ll want all the big awards next year.  

RRR is releasing soon so yes Rajmouli and his team are working closely with Alia’s PR these days as well. 

Tom Harper is the director of that new Netflix movie Alia will be doing. So same deal. 

To think that Alia’s PR is not in close contact with any of these people for the foreseeable future is not understanding how PR really works. Specially someone as praise and attention hungry as Alia.  

None of these big time directors are going to go on record making outrageous claims which they don't believe to please their heroine. Has SLB ever compared any of his other heroines & their performances to historical performances like Bandit Queen/Mother India?

Hell, has he ever invested crores in a female oriented film before Alia? All his previous films have been multi starrers. That speaks volumes. 

Alia is phenomenal, as is Vicky K, as is Ranbir. Their talent is comparable to the all time greats...without the cloud of nostalgia hindering our vision. The people who matter....think so. And the trolls/haters who don't know the ABCD of acting...don't matter. 

Originally posted by aaditi123

None of these big time directors are going to go on record making outrageous claims which they don't believe to please their heroine. Has SLB ever compared any of his other heroines & their performances to historical performances like Bandit Queen/Mother India?

Hell, has he ever invested crores in a female oriented film before Alia? All his previous films have been multi starrers. That speaks volumes. 

Alia is phenomenal, as is Vicky K, as is Ranbir. Their talent is comparable to the all time greats...without the cloud of nostalgia hindering our vision. The people who matter....think so. And the trolls/haters who don't know the ABCD of acting...don't matter. 

@bold, someone in this same thread wrote SLB compared DP with Vaijayantimala and hema Malini 😆

I donot know about rest but SLB is a big follower of PR activites 😆

So just because SLB said so, we should turn off our brain, not question his statement and happily accept his words because we don’t work in Bollywood? Ok sure. One moment please for reprogramming.

IM CONVINCED. Alia’s the best 

Originally posted by -PD-

So its a SLB thing not an Alia thing

Well, he’s been quoted as saying that Deepika reminds him of Vyjayanthimala from some angles, Hema Malini at other times, and her dancing in Ghomar reminds him of Waheeda Rehman’s grace. So going from that to Mother India and Bandit Queen is not a huge leap. 

I disagree that big time directors won’t make outrageous claims for PR. Winning awards is the ultimate victory for some filmmakers and SLB is in that group, IMO. He’s definitely not done with his PR work for Gangu and neither is Alia. 

Who’s a phenomenal actor and who’s not is very subjective. Unless someone in here has gone to acting school or has years of acting experience behind them none of us knows the ABCD of acting in a technical way. So all our opinions on acting is just that, opinions.  

I truly don’t understand why Alia and DP are this much attention hungry and insecure. It’s sad because they have been blessed so much since they were born but instead of being secure and grateful they act this way? I would’ve though someone who didn’t have so much blessings and privileged would’ve acted this way. 

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

So its a SLB thing not an Alia thing

This thread is about SLB, so i think i was talk about him only in my posts .. 😆 right ???

Originally posted by -PD-

@bold, someone in this same thread wrote SLB compared DP with Vaijayantimala and hema Malini 😆

He was talking about her beauty....not her acting chops. Hema Malini & Vjayantimala just like Madhuri dixit were superstar commercial actresses. 

It's nothing like being compared to Nargis & Seema Biswas. 

His film is in the theatres. The interview was recorded and posted by the film's team and Alia respectively. It is for PR purpose. The praise has to stand out , otherwise whats the point???