Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 years ago

Tabu can be compared to Smita Patil and Shabana Azmi only. Sorry. ðŸ˜Š

From the other 2, tough call. But I’d go with Vidya. 

CholeKulche thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blood_Sacrifice

As great as Tabu can be in serious roles, she can be surprisingly bad in out and out commercial films - just watch some of her ott films from the 90s. Even Vidya looks awkward in candyfloss/bubbly roles. Rani carried the bubbly/chirpy roles well (Hum Tum, BnB, Chalte Chalte) -- just can't imagine Tabu or Vidya doing them.

That said, Tabu in Haider is the greatest performance in Bollywood, period. Vidya in Kahaani and TDP are strong contenders as well. Nothing Rani has done comes close. But like FF said, Rani is an all-rounder - she can do comedy, tragedy, rom-coms to serious roles. She is a performer while Tabu and Vidya are just 'actresses'.

So I choose Rani even if she is not an actress of Vidya or tabu's caliber.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

For those who say Tabu doesn't do well in commercial cinema...

Take a look at the movie with Saif and Alaya. Tabu is a natural in comedy. 

Or Andhadhun.

Or even a feel-gooder like Cheeni Kum.

The 90s movies were in the beginning of her career. It took her a couple of years to find her footing. She hasn't looked back since.

Rani and Vidya are great actors. But they've given ridiculous performances in more recent movies, too. 

So Tabu by a humongous margin. And yes. As someone else said, she can actually be compared to Smita Patil.😆 Also, to Seema Biswas and Meryl Streep.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

That’s okay I like my own toes, that’s enough

I’m glad you like your toes Priya. ðŸ˜†

BlueWaters20 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Vidya is overrated. She has good script sense, which elevates her acting. The few times she’s chosen crap scripts her acting has been subpar.

Tabu and Rani can deliver high calibre performances even when they’re working with a crap script. They’re both excellent actors and it’s difficult to single out one as ‘the best’. If I was pushed, I’d probably say Tabu is slightly  better, although Rani would be my personal favourite of the two.