The most progressive show on TV

JustAnEngineer thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

This show would go down in history. Yes, there are flaws but I don't think there is even a single show which would come even thousands of kms near this one.

All the characters are flawed and with different shades not showing any 100% positive sensible character but people! Unreasonable, unpredictable, raw!

Maybe I'm not like Deepika, Sia, Vikrant, Abhay or anyone but I wouldn't just judge them. And I wouldn't judge anyone just like that. I would try to think about what life experiences they would have had at least for a minute.

Yes, moving away from the initial MLs and introducing new ones when the show is gonna wind up made it less wholesome, needed 25 more episodes to complete this new track.

The show comes as a culture shock to many. So many things are introduced on TV from openly saying periods, sexism, affairs, homosexual relationships, polygamy, toxic relationships and parents, casual relationships. And also showed passion and sexual tension and things like that beyond stereotype. And people can't stand or process it 🤣

1.4B but so afraid of sexuality 😆delusion bhi koi humse seekhe

And fully set in a hospital, life of doctors. I would treat them with more respect. Now doctors aur apne lagte hai because of this show. 

No MS Sindhoor Pooja ke taali! Oh I loved how Dipika - Nikhil shaadi wasn't religious, they were never shown as religious people! So many good things!

They tried to say so many things, some of which worked some didn't. But they attempted something that never happened in decades in ITV. And to pull it down so mercilessly just because your ship sailed is why we deserve pathetic shitty shows with drunk editing phish phish and saazish and bagawanon ki misuse!

Even if the trps are down, at least do ache shabd! Par nahi! Let's rot in the keechad of saas bahu aur saazish!

Congrats to Dhadkan team. Wish you all success in future. And keep fighting and breaking stereotypes and sick mindsets!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

seemagoder thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Dont know what was the issue , such a good content shw fail to grab trp

I wish this show if aired on some other channel it would have rocked...

Show did break stereotype and was shocked to the people who are engrossed in Mahan sacrificing ML and FL

Asifkhan12345 thumbnail

Originally posted by: seemagoder

Dont know what was the issue , such a good content shw fail to grab trp

I wish this show if aired on some other channel it would have rocked...

Show did break stereotype and was shocked to the people who are engrossed in Mahan sacrificing ML and FL

They loved it but too many loopholes was the reason and too many social messages in finite time was the reason it failed to grap trp 

edella thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JustAnEngineer

This show would go down in history. Yes, there are flaws but I don't think there is even a single show which would come even thousands of kms near this one.

All the characters are flawed and with different shades not showing any 100% positive sensible character but people! Unreasonable, unpredictable, raw!

Maybe I'm not like Deepika, Sia, Vikrant, Abhay or anyone but I wouldn't just judge them. And I wouldn't judge anyone just like that. I would try to think about what life experiences they would have had at least for a minute.

Yes, moving away from the initial MLs and introducing new ones when the show is gonna wind up made it less wholesome, needed 25 more episodes to complete this new track.

The show comes as a culture shock to many. So many things are introduced on TV from openly saying periods, sexism, affairs, homosexual relationships, polygamy, toxic relationships and parents, casual relationships. And also showed passion and sexual tension and things like that beyond stereotype. And people can't stand or process it 🤣

1.4B but so afraid of sexuality 😆delusion bhi koi humse seekhe

And fully set in a hospital, life of doctors. I would treat them with more respect. Now doctors aur apne lagte hai because of this show. 

No MS Sindhoor Pooja ke taali! Oh I loved how Dipika - Nikhil shaadi wasn't religious, they were never shown as religious people! So many good things!

They tried to say so many things, some of which worked some didn't. But they attempted something that never happened in decades in ITV. And to pull it down so mercilessly just because your ship sailed is why we deserve pathetic shitty shows with drunk editing phish phish and saazish and bagawanon ki misuse!

Even if the trps are down, at least do ache shabd! Par nahi! Let's rot in the keechad of saas bahu aur saazish!

Congrats to Dhadkan team. Wish you all success in future. And keep fighting and breaking stereotypes and sick mindsets!

So true. Every time I was judging the characters for their actions, in next few episodes I use to realize how they all are human - and there is no such thing a perfect person or ideal life. They all were grey at some level at the end of the day -  which is why DZK was way better than the sati-savitri sacrificing FL they show on crappy saas-bahu serials - the show was so close to the reality of how people are in real world.

x.titli.x thumbnail

The content was good, but the time slot and loopholes made DZK loose viewers I feel. 

Such a promising show did not grab attention I don't understand honestly.  I will be honest if there was not Additi Gupta in the show then maybe I would not have watched it....anyways tv needs more of this kind of content rather than fully drama shows😳

Sumaiya27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Thank you for making this post. Yes, this show was one of a kind and i'm so glad to have the opportunity to watch it 👏

As you said, it wasn't flawless but still far better than the current shows and credit goes to everyone for such an amazing job! 

Wishing all the best to the entire cast and crew for their future endeavours

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

It was different, started out with lot of potential. the cast were great. But there was a point it went downhill, and fans can point at each other and be snarky about it, truth is show sucked and we all had nothing good to say, which reflected in numbers.

Aditi was fabulous. she got into the skin of character and it showed how she spoke, moved her hands while talking, that particular way of looking at people, her attitude. next was sathe ofcrs. Vidyut was fab. sia actress was amazing, ansari too. each cast member was great, if only they didnt had 1/2 months of melodrama which overpowered the show and kept show grounded and focused on Deepika/her career, it would have been path breaking.

anyways its over, no point crying over spilt milk. eod, we are consumers,its entertainment for us. its the makers who earn, if they arent thinking about their product what you and i can do?

JustAnEngineer thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haal-e-Dil

It was different, started out with lot of potential. the cast were great. But there was a point it went downhill, and fans can point at each other and be snarky about it, truth is show sucked and we all had nothing good to say, which reflected in numbers.

Aditi was fabulous. she got into the skin of character and it showed how she spoke, moved her hands while talking, that particular way of looking at people, her attitude. next was sathe ofcrs. Vidyut was fab. sia actress was amazing, ansari too. each cast member was great, if only they didnt had 1/2 months of melodrama which overpowered the show and kept show grounded and focused on Deepika/her career, it would have been path breaking.

anyways its over, no point crying over spilt milk. eod, we are consumers,its entertainment for us. its the makers who earn, if they arent thinking about their product what you and i can do?

I didn't feel ki itni bhi downhill gaya! I think the V drama was planned before hand itself, wasn't most of that there in the trailer itself.

And the shows write-up also has that she has to face her own past. With the crap going on TV all this years, pulling down a show like Dhadkan for minor issues is why we deserve just kheechad!

Dum tan na na, cruel expressions and phish phish is all we should be given, toh no expectations, no complaints!

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: JustAnEngineer

I didn't feel ki itni bhi downhill gaya! I think the V drama was planned before hand itself, wasn't most of that there in the trailer itself.

And the shows write-up also has that she has to face her own past. With the crap going on TV all this years, pulling down a show like Dhadkan for minor issues is why we deserve just kheechad!

Dum tan na na, cruel expressions and phish phish is all we should be given, toh no expectations, no complaints!

not directed at u, but we viewers have such grave level expectations from makers that anything slightly out of ordinary, we go wah wah. thats why every itv makers feed us ekta show ka remake version and ott wale shows r copy paste of popular usa/korean/israel dramas

like how pathetic is that the absence of some bg music can be equated to show must be good. my mom watches the so called trp toppers shows, so i know what goes on. apart from different costumes and camera cut, nothing was exceptional in dhadkan that was not shown in those shows. the maker nilanjana has some wahiyat shows ongoing in star/colors/zee (not sure which channel), so what else are we supposed to get? we pull down those makers, but forgive same things in channels like sony cause they show it subtly so it must be good

V was planned but if only they wrote him as professional enemy with slight undercurrent of old romance attraction. they just took him and made a show about him, no wonder the moment he left, abhay was sidelined, the show as a whole collapsed. they didnt show much bonding between characters to sacrifice it all for Vikrant and his melodrama. and whats more sad that they pre shot this show. even then this is the state of show!

Sanjanas thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haal-e-Dil

not directed at u, but we viewers have such grave level expectations from makers that anything slightly out of ordinary, we go wah wah. thats why every itv makers feed us ekta show ka remake version and ott wale shows r copy paste of popular usa/korean/israel dramas

like how pathetic is that the absence of some bg music can be equated to show must be good. my mom watches the so called trp toppers shows, so i know what goes on. apart from different costumes and camera cut, nothing was exceptional in dhadkan that was not shown in those shows. the maker nilanjana has some wahiyat shows ongoing in star/colors/zee (not sure which channel), so what else are we supposed to get? we pull down those makers, but forgive same things in channels like sony cause they show it subtly so it must be good

V was planned but if only they wrote him as professional enemy with slight undercurrent of old romance attraction. they just took him and made a show about him, no wonder the moment he left, abhay was sidelined, the show as a whole collapsed. they didnt show much bonding between characters to sacrifice it all for Vikrant and his melodrama. and whats more sad that they pre shot this show. even then this is the state of show!

With due respect to the author of this post, I have to agree with each and every word by @Haal-e-Dil. I read a post by someone on Youtube the other day, that this isn't a love story and people need to be kinder and understand people'e journey. I really don't think the audience tuned into this show expecting a love story in the first place. The expectation was that people will be flawed BUT here people turned out to be shallow. Also the show's expected initial messaging is contradicted as the show progresses, the fact that they married of their FL to the society's standard of the most eligible bachelor: tall, rich, handsome; beats the very existence of this show. I think this is the point people are missing.

I was honestly not expecting great TRPs for this show with the trailer as even if the makers stayed true to their initial projected messaging, the audience on TV no more exists to appreciate such content. However, the show would have had great feedback from the limited audience watching it such as Sony's prev shows (Story 9 months ki, Yeh un dinno ki baat hai, etc). However that wasn't the case with Dhadkan as it suddenly went downhill and never re-routed back. If I have to put my finger on the point, it has to be post Additi's entry. They could have done wonders with Additi and changing dynamics once she entered but she was reduced to a doormat and eventually died! So i guess its a series of bad moves, which led to the hardcore audience giving up on the show.

I also agree that other shows on TV shouldn't be a benchmark to appreciate this show. I don't think its a good idea to make a mediocre product due to other products being bad in the market, that's a bad strategy. With the plethora of avenues people have today to explore for content, this isn't the way you gain viewership.

This forum has always been a place where honest opinions have been encouraged and appreciated. I respect yours, just sharing mine. No hard feelings :)