Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JustAnEngineer thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Sunaina612

Beautiful written...

Yes this show had flaws too..but as u said it is far better than any other show. There were so many social msg given.. i too liked Wedding sequences and arrangements.. it was so classy unlike or unmatched to any other serial.. there was growth in every character and a closure too ( which many serial dont have)..last show i liked and close to my heart was KRPKAB (s1)..dhadkan was of different level... 

No serial spoke abt casual relationship in a serious note..( dont want to argue on society's norms but there do exist in real).  Showing scenes like a woman wants to have sex to conceive a baby. Abt ovulation, EMA...all these exist in REAL LIFE..which many show dont even attempt to speak...

Growth of characters 

Sia..who always wanted a serious relationship was okay with casual.

Dr. Roy who believed in casual wanted to settle..

Abhay what to say.. abt his growth to abhay  2.0

Deepika.. got tangled again with the same string and untangled herself to set free and got into a beautiful relationship. Her fear of marriage finally broke.

Piroz and esha.. piroz changed Esha's pov.

Finally our heartbeat of dhadkan... Vikrant... from an god complex avatar.. to normal and good human being.

I always liked PC.. 

I misses two ppl at the end Mr. Sheriyar and Dr. Ali.

And yes there sld have shown Suman asking for an  apology from Deepika..

I want to add one more thing...i know many will hit me with rotten tomatoes and eggs.. if there is a season 2, I still want endgame to be Vipika.... their chem was just awesome.

Love u dhadkan will miss all bye.

Ya even if felt they could have given an open ending and made an S2 if possible. But I don't think how much Vipika would work Vikrant is a narcissist, NPD relationships can only have victims and tormentors. I won't say Vikrant is a bad person or villain but it's a personality disorder only very few people can come out of that. But I would love see some more episodes of Dhadkan after few months or an year.

JustAnEngineer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sanjanas

Moving on is totally important and I love that quote from Dear Zindagi but the way it was shown on the show (the pacing of it) seemed shallow and childish in my point of view. Justifying multiple characters moving on the very next day after their breakup isn't progressive imo. You can't strongly feel for someone on one day and nothing the next. Again I go back to messaging, how an act is shown while its performed describes the intent of the director. For example, the difference between Kabir Singh and Dev D was the execution of how they show the character; are they glorified or do you see them witness the consequences of their actions.

This is the reason people connected with Vikrant as you see him pay the price for his actions.

I have mentioned this in few of my other posts that what they showed on this show is anything but feminism (their initial messaging). It can be something else but definitely not feminism. There is another show on Sony right now (i don't watch it) named Kaamna which is about a woman leaving her family as she gets an opportunity to be with a rich guy; that's her choice and it is clearly not sold as any idealistic show. Its merely a show depicting different human emotions! Deepika would have been cut a lot of slack if they didn't sell her initially as an idealistic, bitten by patriarchy, aaj ki naari cuz she is anything but that.

First of all no one is idealistic and I don't find anything wrong about Deepika, she is also human. Feminism or progressiveness was never fitting someone into some co-ordinates it was choice. Deepika is a strong woman who rose through thousands of challenges! Stupid, uneducated and toxic parents, narcissist boyfriend, misogynistic men and professional jealousy, she has come through all of it and have realised her dream, almost single handedly! She is very much aaj ki naari to me! It's just that people have a single mould and myopic view for aaj ki naari!

I don't think Dhadkan timeline should be taken in real time pacing. We can assume that it's not days but in weeks or months. A TV show pH and budget it difficult, and Dhadkan was kind of mass shot in schedules! There has been flaws but nothing that can't be overlooked.

Modem women is not someone who isn't flawed or doesn't have failures, she is one is up for it! Ready to fall and ready to get up and begin again!

Edited by JustAnEngineer - 2 years ago
Asifkhan12345 thumbnail

Originally posted by: JustAnEngineer

Ya even if felt they could have given an open ending and made an S2 if possible. But I don't think how much Vipika would work Vikrant is a narcissist, NPD relationships can only have victims and tormentors. I won't say Vikrant is a bad person or villain but it's a personality disorder only very few people can come out of that. But I would love see some more episodes of Dhadkan after few months or an year.

When people say they want Vikrant and Deepika in season 2 meant a healed Vikrant who came out of clutches of god complex and narcissism.They wonderfully potrayed that when a person goes through a tragedy his entire personality changes and it happens in real life too if you keep your eyes open to observe 

I would say they should make S2 on completely different concept keeping the background as hospital like ek duje ke vaaste did but the cast should remain same 

They wasted a amazing chem between Rohit and Additi by making vikrant too complex and villain in some episodes

JustAnEngineer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Asifkhan12345

When people say they want Vikrant and Deepika in season 2 meant a healed Vikrant who came out of clutches of god complex and narcissism.They wonderfully potrayed that when a person goes through a tragedy his entire personality changes and it happens in real life too if you keep your eyes open to observe 

I would say they should make S2 on completely different concept keeping the background as hospital like ek duje ke vaaste did but the cast should remain same 

They wasted a amazing chem between Rohit and Additi by making vikrant too complex and villain in some episodes

I don't think they made him a villain. His poV was always shown there was not creepy bgm or anything. It was always our choice to perceive. I'm someone who have relationship with a narcissist. Not romantic, family member. Our therapist said that narcissist won't magically change one day. Residual would always be there, you can just manage certain behaviour that's all. V has gonna through a total metamorphosis but can't say anything for sure. There too much baggage between them for anything to work. But yes they have a great onscreen chemistry. Not much spark was felt with Nikhil for that reason

Asifkhan12345 thumbnail

I don't think they made him a villain. His poV was always shown there was not creepy bgm or anything. It was always our choice to perceive. I'm someone who have relationship with a narcissist. Not romantic, family member. Our therapist said that narcissist won't magically change one day. Residual would always be there, you can just manage certain behaviour that's all. V has gonna through a total metamorphosis but can't say anything for sure. There too much baggage between them for anything to work. But yes they have a great onscreen chemistry. Not much spark was felt with Nikhil for that reason

Yes.. They showed him narcissistic and egoistic but he deserved a good ending like deepika and his character was too complex people loved to watch him and deepika together but they can't ship them cause of his character.

The intense love between them was executed perfectly that people felt the pain and love between both of em  honestly and the amazing acting of Rohit put many people in dilemma whether to sympathise with him or dislike him 

Nikhil was total disaster despite his character being positive he wasn't liked by many and their was 0 spark between the actors 

Rohit and Additi were very much comfortable with eachother that's the spark and chemistry was there between them

RainOfDew thumbnail

This show would go down in history. Yes, there are flaws but I don't think there is even a single show which would come even thousands of kms near this one.

All the characters are flawed and with different shades not showing any 100% positive sensible character but people! Unreasonable, unpredictable, raw!

Maybe I'm not like Deepika, Sia, Vikrant, Abhay or anyone but I wouldn't just judge them. And I wouldn't judge anyone just like that. I would try to think about what life experiences they would have had at least for a minute.

Yes, moving away from the initial MLs and introducing new ones when the show is gonna wind up made it less wholesome, needed 25 more episodes to complete this new track.

The show comes as a culture shock to many. So many things are introduced on TV from openly saying periods, sexism, affairs, homosexual relationships, polygamy, toxic relationships and parents, casual relationships. And also showed passion and sexual tension and things like that beyond stereotype. And people can't stand or process it šŸ¤£

1.4B but so afraid of sexuality šŸ˜†delusion bhi koi humse seekhe

And fully set in a hospital, life of doctors. I would treat them with more respect. Now doctors aur apne lagte hai because of this show. 

No MS Sindhoor Pooja ke taali! Oh I loved how Dipika - Nikhil shaadi wasn't religious, they were never shown as religious people! So many good things!

They tried to say so many things, some of which worked some didn't. But they attempted something that never happened in decades in ITV. And to pull it down so mercilessly just because your ship sailed is why we deserve pathetic shitty shows with drunk editing phish phish and saazish and bagawanon ki misuse!

Even if the trps are down, at least do ache shabd! Par nahi! Let's rot in the keechad of saas bahu aur saazish!

Congrats to Dhadkan team. Wish you all success in future. And keep fighting and breaking stereotypes and sick mindsets!

Hey,

Do me a favor, let's play Holiā€. Youā€™ve been colored by Team Basanti

Please comment ā€œIā€™ve been colored by Team Basanti on our team thread

Link: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5283619

PS:Its for a game..if u commented we will get points.. thankssmiley31

RainOfDew thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sumaiya27

Thank you for making this post. Yes, this show was one of a kind and i'm so glad to have the opportunity to watch it šŸ‘

As you said, it wasn't flawless but still far better than the current shows and credit goes to everyone for such an amazing job! 

Wishing all the best to the entire cast and crew for their future endeavours

Hey,

Do me a favor, let's play Holiā€. Youā€™ve been colored by Team Basanti

Please comment ā€œIā€™ve been colored by Team Basanti on our team thread

Link: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5283619

PS:Its for a game..if u commented we will get points.. thankssmiley31

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: VintageWine

Progressive from jumping from partner to another šŸ˜Ž. 

Hi,

We are playing a game and need your help!

Bura mano ya na mano Holi haiā€. Youā€™ve been colored by Team Basanti. Post the following words "I've been coloured by Team Basanti" in this thread: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5283619

Bodhianveshika thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Holi Hain! We IFians are part of a fun game.

"Bura mano ya na mano Holi haiā€. 

Youā€™ve been colored by Team Veeru. 

Please Post the following words "I've been coloured by Team Veeru" in this thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5283618

Edited by Bodhianveshika - 2 years ago