Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Asifkhan12345 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Haal-e-Dil

It was different, started out with lot of potential. the cast were great. But there was a point it went downhill, and fans can point at each other and be snarky about it, truth is show sucked and we all had nothing good to say, which reflected in numbers.

Aditi was fabulous. she got into the skin of character and it showed how she spoke, moved her hands while talking, that particular way of looking at people, her attitude. next was sathe ofcrs. Vidyut was fab. sia actress was amazing, ansari too. each cast member was great, if only they didnt had 1/2 months of melodrama which overpowered the show and kept show grounded and focused on Deepika/her career, it would have been path breaking.

anyways its over, no point crying over spilt milk. eod, we are consumers,its entertainment for us. its the makers who earn, if they arent thinking about their product what you and i can do?

Just because you disliked a character so much you Ignored Rohit's amazing acting and it isn't his fault that he was made so complex and story revolved around him but the way despite being a poor script he carried his performance with ace and many people hated him yet also had sympathy with him was all because of Rohit's acting  

Edited by Asifkhan12345 - 2 years ago
Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Asifkhan12345

Just because you disliked a character so much you Ignored Rohit's amazing acting and it isn't his fault that he was made so complex and story revolved around him but the way despite being a poor script he carried his performance with ace and many people hated him yet also had sympathy with him was all because of Rohit's acting  

my bad. Rohit was great, his character was given a lot of thought and screen space. Above deepika and her journey. But yes not his fault. He carried the show along with other two and the moment he /Vidyut left it showed. 

JustAnEngineer thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sanjanas

With due respect to the author of this post, I have to agree with each and every word by @Haal-e-Dil. I read a post by someone on Youtube the other day, that this isn't a love story and people need to be kinder and understand people'e journey. I really don't think the audience tuned into this show expecting a love story in the first place. The expectation was that people will be flawed BUT here people turned out to be shallow. Also the show's expected initial messaging is contradicted as the show progresses, the fact that they married of their FL to the society's standard of the most eligible bachelor: tall, rich, handsome; beats the very existence of this show. I think this is the point people are missing.

I was honestly not expecting great TRPs for this show with the trailer as even if the makers stayed true to their initial projected messaging, the audience on TV no more exists to appreciate such content. However, the show would have had great feedback from the limited audience watching it such as Sony's prev shows (Story 9 months ki, Yeh un dinno ki baat hai, etc). However that wasn't the case with Dhadkan as it suddenly went downhill and never re-routed back. If I have to put my finger on the point, it has to be post Additi's entry. They could have done wonders with Additi and changing dynamics once she entered but she was reduced to a doormat and eventually died! So i guess its a series of bad moves, which led to the hardcore audience giving up on the show.

I also agree that other shows on TV shouldn't be a benchmark to appreciate this show. I don't think its a good idea to make a mediocre product due to other products being bad in the market, that's a bad strategy. With the plethora of avenues people have today to explore for content, this isn't the way you gain viewership.

This forum has always been a place where honest opinions have been encouraged and appreciated. I respect yours, just sharing mine. No hard feelings :)

I'm someone who criticise BALH because I didn't feel it's true to it's essence, what was shown in the promos. I didn't watch Dhadkan because of promos or expectations. I had a Sony LIV premium subscription so I randomly saw the firs ten episodes was shocked beyond belief and started watching. I ran to rant here because I was so shocked and surprised.

Yes other shows being bad doesn't just anything but you definitely give a pass for something when it comes a place of lot of uncertainty. 

I don't think it's just that lack of colorful clothes and bgm Dhadkan is definitely much more than that. Yes the ending could have been much better, more convincing, and I didn't ship anyone with Dipika. But there also lies the fact that it's Deepika's choice for me. Isn't that feminism? Just because I wouldn't want to marry a certain Nikhil famous doesn't mean she can't 🤣

And I don't go behind pH analysis and all that now. Bee there done that, waste of time! Dhadkan happened out of nowhere! And I'm happy for it! And I was happy while it lasted too. That's all we expect from a relationship right?

JustAnEngineer thumbnail

Originally posted by: JustAnEngineer

I'm someone who criticise BALH because I didn't feel it's true to it's essence, what was shown in the promos. I didn't watch Dhadkan because of promos or expectations. I had a Sony LIV premium subscription so I randomly saw the firs ten episodes was shocked beyond belief and started watching. I ran to rant here because I was so shocked and surprised.

Yes other shows being bad doesn't just anything but you definitely give a pass for something when it comes a place of lot of uncertainty. 

I don't think it's just that lack of colorful clothes and bgm Dhadkan is definitely much more than that. Yes the ending could have been much better, more convincing, and I didn't ship anyone with Dipika. But there also lies the fact that it's Deepika's choice for me. Isn't that feminism? Just because I wouldn't want to marry a certain Nikhil famous doesn't mean she can't 🤣

And I don't go behind pH analysis and all that now. Bee there done that, waste of time! Dhadkan happened out of nowhere! And I'm happy for it! And I was happy while it lasted too. That's all we expect from a relationship right?

In the zamaana of landlines if the first bulky Mobile was ditched for the above reasons, then aajka hi-fi smartphones wouldn't exist. I'm not praising the product. I'm praising the intention, the thought, th attempt to make something different and new!

VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Progressive from jumping from partner to another 😎. 

Kri18 thumbnail

I agree , show main bhale hi jitna bhi kachra dikhaya tha par tabhi bhi yeh serial maine jo pichle dekhe hai unse kai jayda acha tha aur ek special place rahegi iski mere liye . 

Iske pehle main BarriBabu dekhti thi aur seriously unhone ek achi cast ka potential buri tarah se barbaad hi kiya tha kai unnecessary tracks aur unnecessary dragging ke saath aur 400+ me keval 3 track ka hi execution acha tha aur ending toh horrible 😔. Agar waha se compare karu toh DZK ne bhi utni hi galtiya ki par execution hamesha hi acha raha hai (except Nikhil wala portion,  agar baakio ki tarah uska bhi introduction realistic jayda hota toh main relate kar leti )

TBH iss serial ke song sequences aur most of the episodes especially starting ones unka koi competition nahi hai , koi bhi current production house ka serial iss mamle me iss serial ko beat kar hi nahi payega . Vikrant jesa complex character bhi mujhe nahi lagta koiitne ache se likhkar usse itna ache se execute kar payega . Deepika jesi vulnerable FL bhi shayad hi mila warna jaydatar FL hamesha hi perfectionist hi hoti hai bhale hi kitna hi galat kiu na karde hamesha uske kaam ka sahi hi result aata hai . Aur Abhay is one of his kind , a true angel 😇 ❤. 

DZK and all of its characters will be special for me always with all their flaws. 

Maine sabko maaf kardiya kiuki mujhe koi negativity nahi chahiye aur isse bhi bade disappointments jhel chuki hu .

JustAnEngineer thumbnail

Originally posted by: VintageWine

Progressive from jumping from partner to another 😎. 

Actually yes! Not fitting to log kya kahenge and being bold and unapologetic is progressive!  In a country like India where most people live in toxic, loveless and abusive marriages. It's defo progressive to find the issues and move on! 

Looking down on others life experiences and choices can be termed regressive! We can't judge Deepika loved same person for ten years didn't work, second chances are that bad?

Sia is young honge multiple experiences!

Same for men. I don't find anything wrong in that maybe you should listen to what SRK says in Dear Zindagi. Jumping or walking or taking baby steps on no steps at all CHOICE!

Edited by JustAnEngineer - 2 years ago
Sunaina612 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Beautiful written...

Yes this show had flaws too..but as u said it is far better than any other show. There were so many social msg given.. i too liked Wedding sequences and arrangements.. it was so classy unlike or unmatched to any other serial.. there was growth in every character and a closure too ( which many serial dont have)..last show i liked and close to my heart was KRPKAB (s1)..dhadkan was of different level... 

No serial spoke abt casual relationship in a serious note..( dont want to argue on society's norms but there do exist in real).  Showing scenes like a woman wants to have sex to conceive a baby. Abt ovulation, EMA...all these exist in REAL LIFE..which many show dont even attempt to speak...

Growth of characters 

Sia..who always wanted a serious relationship was okay with casual.

Dr. Roy who believed in casual wanted to settle..

Abhay what to say.. abt his growth to abhay  2.0

Deepika.. got tangled again with the same string and untangled herself to set free and got into a beautiful relationship. Her fear of marriage finally broke.

Piroz and esha.. piroz changed Esha's pov.

Finally our heartbeat of dhadkan... Vikrant... from an god complex avatar.. to normal and good human being.

I always liked PC.. 

I misses two ppl at the end Mr. Sheriyar and Dr. Ali.

And yes there sld have shown Suman asking for an  apology from Deepika..

I want to add one more thing...i know many will hit me with rotten tomatoes and eggs.. if there is a season 2, I still want endgame to be Vipika.... their chem was just awesome.

Love u dhadkan will miss all bye.

Sanjanas thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Actually yes! Not fitting to log kya kahenge and being bold and unapologetic is progressive!  In a country like India where most people live in toxic, loveless and abusive marriages. It's defo progressive to find the issues and move on! 

Looking down on others life experiences and choices can be termed regressive! We can't judge Deepika loved same person for ten years didn't work, second chances are that bad?

Sia is young honge multiple experiences!

Same for men. I don't find anything wrong in that maybe you should listen to what SRK says in Dear Zindagi. Jumping or walking or taking baby steps on no steps at all CHOICE!

Moving on is totally important and I love that quote from Dear Zindagi but the way it was shown on the show (the pacing of it) seemed shallow and childish in my point of view. Justifying multiple characters moving on the very next day after their breakup isn't progressive imo. You can't strongly feel for someone on one day and nothing the next. Again I go back to messaging, how an act is shown while its performed describes the intent of the director. For example, the difference between Kabir Singh and Dev D was the execution of how they show the character; are they glorified or do you see them witness the consequences of their actions.

This is the reason people connected with Vikrant as you see him pay the price for his actions.

I have mentioned this in few of my other posts that what they showed on this show is anything but feminism (their initial messaging). It can be something else but definitely not feminism. There is another show on Sony right now (i don't watch it) named Kaamna which is about a woman leaving her family as she gets an opportunity to be with a rich guy; that's her choice and it is clearly not sold as any idealistic show. Its merely a show depicting different human emotions! Deepika would have been cut a lot of slack if they didn't sell her initially as an idealistic, bitten by patriarchy, aaj ki naari cuz she is anything but that.

Sanjanas thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail