To the TRUE Dil, Saas Aur "Dhadkan" of this show - Abhay Sathe :)

Sanjanas thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

+DISCLAIMER: :Long post ahead, please sit down to read with chai/ coffee 🥱

Since yesterday, have been gathering my thoughts and emotions and reflecting on Abhay's journey. This has definitely got to be the character I have connected the most with since Sujal Grewal in Kahin Toh Hoga!

The promo honestly didn't excite me enough....which was followed by a random stumble over an episode, which felt fresh and organic with this young lad grabbing the screen amidst tenured artists. While impressed, I still couldn't buy that he was opposite Deepika but it intrigued me enough to begin from the start....and before I knew it Abhay Sathe became my favorite character ❤️

I'm sure none of us know the exact moment it happened and thats Abhay for you - he grows on you slowly, in his own way, and before you know it, you smile every time he comes on screen!

There have been several depictions of MLs in dramas over the years - they range from stud-like, stoic men to innocent, soft spoken ones but Abhay breaks all shackles in the arc he explores over 60+ episodes.

He isn't your regular 25+ year old guy - He has clarity about his aim in life and how he wants to achieve it (empathy is key here), knows his worth and can borderline be obnoxious about it, is a product of a bad marriage but will never sympathize with it, confused but scared to hurt his best friend who is also his GF, is earnest and genuinely positive towards what life can offer irrespective of his past relationships (both with parents and his love interests). Through his journey of learning and unlearning, he genuinely ends up being the most solid person on the show!

Having said that, it hasn't been easy for him! Abhay has surprised me at several occasions with his maturity and selflessness. Whether its his scene with his dad during the ultimate revelation or the cabin scene where he gets Deepika to eat; you witness Abhay's evolution from a monochrome individual with set opinions to someone who has learnt to take and survive life's curved balls. While everyone on the show is busy fighting their destiny, Abhay just learns to accept and deal with it...whether its betrayal of his parents, his loneliness post abandonment by his friends or the pain of being heartbroken after finally finding love. There is a portion in the show where everyone else is engaged and moving on, but Abhay's world is lifeless and empty...he is at his lowest low all alone and the way he picks up the pieces and rises like a phoenix from that dark place -  you cheer for him and root for his happiness and success!! If I have to sum this up, I'd say you can't ask to be inspirational or appreciated, you just be and you get your worth! Abhay gave Dhadkan what Deepika was touted to - A true, strong and real depiction of an ambitious person dealing with the short end of the stick from life, learning from his imperfections and proving that you create your destiny by making conscious life choices and constantly thriving to become a better version of yourself :)

This post will be incomplete without mentioning his two most prominent relationships - the one with his mom and the one with Deepika - the common emotion being melancholy! Sharing pain is the most precious and real bond one can have with anyone as you are at your vulnerable and naked best. Abhay comes to his own through the show as he learns to deal better with pain through these relationships. They say pain, depending on where invested, gets the best or worst of you....if Dhadkan shows the worst side with Vikrant, its shows the best side through Abhay! Personally an AbhiDeep shipper, midway through the show Abhay with his progress taught me to let go of this dream....his approach to life was making him a way better individual and Deepika didn't fit in - she was just a chapter in his story, the catalyst triggering Abhay Sathe 2.0 and her role in his life was over! From "Main aapke saath hamesha rahunga" to "Aapke aur mere sapne alag hai", Abhay walks us viewers through his evolution and realization that sometimes it wise to keep distance and love from afar! He is a keen observer and probably aware of the flaws of the woman he loves; hence he finally for once musters the courage to choose the most important person in life: HIMSELF!

I can't end this one without speaking of the man who gave Abhay Sathe flesh and brought him to life - Vidyut Xavier. He has one of the strongest screen presence amongst newcomers I have witnessed and there is this childlike charisma which is both endearing and sexy! Playing Abhay Sathe he proved that he has come to rule and has a long, successful innings ahead of him...thank you for giving us Abhay and I am gonna miss you and Abhay dearly😊

-

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grao10 thumbnail

Loved your write up about our much loved Dr. Abhay Sathe.
Farewell Dr. Sathe and may you achieve your dream of becoming the best cardio thoracic surgeon, training under your dad who you earlier referred to as “ex-father.” May you also find a partner who is deserving of your love, may you truly fall in love again! In the medley of Dhadkan characters, you shone, you became the star, you were the most authentic, decent, and relatable young person in the show. You’ve lived with an ailing mother for long, and even in the absence of a father, you always kept your balance and your focus on your goal. You genuinely connected with your patients and treated them as people, not just as patients. With every mistake you made, you allowed yourself to unlearn, and then to relearn and grow. You evolved as a person and towered over all those around you and how! You fell in love with your senior, and when she did not reciprocate your feelings, you sublimated your emotions and continued to love, care for, and support her. The makers, unfortunately, gave you a raw deal and once they brought in a new man for the heroine, they sidelined you and gave you lesser screen time than even the minor characters. At that point, I completely stopped watching the show. There was nothing left in it for me. I watched your exit though in yesterday’s episode, as you said quick goodbyes to your friends. I was sad that the makers did not give you a deserving closure but Dr. Sathe, no matter where you go and what you do, you will shine because you are simply such a decent good human being. May your kind multiply in this world! Adieu Dr. Sathe!

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Excellent post by you, @Sanjanas! 👏🔥 

Rajeev K and Vidyut X owned Sujal and Abhay respectively.. it was as if these characters were made specifically for them and their excellent acting led to the characters become evergreen in the minds of the audience! 👍

Thank you, Dr Sathe for making us smile, cry, etc through your journey in DZK! 🤗

Edited by Swetha-Sai - 2 years ago
Kri18 thumbnail

Dr.Abhay Sathe is a character i adore after my beloved ARC . I thought that i would never come across a character like him when BB ended but Dr.Sathe proved me wrong by being more realistic and having same nature as him . 

He fell , he again stood up on his own . He is determined,  aspiring and selfless in his own unique way . His smile has ability to make you smile .

And i agree with you Abhay slowly grows on you .

And Vidyut ...❤️. What i can say about him i have a major crush on him . May god bless him with the best in his life . He gave life not only to the Abhay but to the show as well . 

SONIA441 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Sat with my Green Tea😆 

Loved the Post ❤️

You gave a proper Farewell to Dr. Abhay Sathe through the article here and summed up his journey both in FMS & Personal arena well.

Hope you achieve all that you aspire to be Abhay & receive more than you're worthy of 🤗

DEBOLINA96 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I've been stanning Abhay since day 1.. because I always knew he's a gem of a person..Nd that is what he ended up becoming! Yes he had few faults..few shortcomings in his nature..But that's what exactly made me stan him from day 1..Nd I'm proud of my choice!  He is a great friend, a responsible son, a meritorious student, a vivid learner, a thorough professional, an unconditional lover, nd an efficient nd an extraordinary Doctor! He's truly the depiction of "an angel in disguise"! 😳

I would like to take few lines from ur post as I wanted to say the exact things but u said it here so perfectly..--"Abhay gave Dhadkan what Deepika was touted to - A true, strong and real depiction of an ambitious person dealing with the short end of the stick from life, learning from his imperfections and proving that you create your destiny by making conscious life choices and constantly thriving to become a better version of yourself :)............From "Main aapke saath hamesha rahunga" to "Aapke aur mere sapne alag hai", Abhay walks us viewers through his evolution and realization that sometimes it wise to keep distance and love from afar! He is a keen observer and probably aware of the flaws of the woman he loves; hence he finally for once musters the courage to choose the most important person in life: HIMSELF!"👏

Lastly, THE Vidyut Xavier.. Have known him since "Mahabharat" days nd one of the reasons to catch up on DZK was him, but I'm stunned to see how much he has grown as an Actor..That teenager in MB has went on to become such a marvelous Actor! 👏 DZK hasn't done full justice to him I agree, despite him being one of the MLs, but with that only, he has succeeded in etching a mark on our heart nd soul! Lots of love nd luck to him for his future! 💕

So here's to the perfect nd the most handsome Doctor with the most expressive, beautiful nd big eyes nd a heavenly smile..☺️ Dr.Abhay Sathe..❤❤❤❤

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Dr. Abhay Sathe is one of the most lovable characters on TV.

I hope Vidyut gets some nice projects soon. I’m waiting to see him on screen

Sunaina612 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Well written Sanjana.. and thanks for reminding Sujal( He my all time fav actor)... 

Abhay smart,  intelligent, caring, emotional.. he gets connected to ppl with easy...

The journey from judgement Abhay to Abhay 2.0 was awesome.

Vidyut have done a amazing job..god bless him with lots of good projects in future.

Bye Abhay.

Anuprerna_fan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

To me 'Dhadkan' is my dhadkan  actually, it touched my heart soulful way...

But the most attractive part of 'Dhadkan' was 'Abhika' and the slow transformation of Abhay from a rude and disrespectful junior to his senior to fall for his senior lady was so beautifull...

the most fav part was when he use to stare her with innocence, respect and love after knowing that she was not murderer to any patient in her former life but was trapped under a conspiracy...it made me root for 'Abhika'...

But I am glad that their relationship had not been binded but was another name of worship and respect...care and bonding...and ending abruptly,  knowing that this was not endgame..and Abhay made this relationship beautiful and dignified by not letting himself flowed in any hasty or bizarred step...but he respected a lady's decission and took her mentor's advice to  be a greater  personality in future...He didn't only gave respect to his  love lady but also his mom who spent all his life rearing a kid  alone, his decission to leave FMS  shows that he really cares for his mom's suffering and toil and now wants to give her mom a better life and save those patients who really need him..

Thanks makers for showing this transformation from Abhay Saathe to Abhay Saathe 2.0...It was worth watching...

✨✨✨✨

Chir-Cute thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 9

Beautifully articulated. Abhay has indeed left a positive mark. ❤️