Good acting by Dayashankar ji

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Have seen Dayashankar ji for quite some time in various shows so he is a decent actor. 

Today, when Manu in his frustration called himself and father a "failure" by blindly agreeing with Deepu's words, despite his BIL trying to shush him, the father remained tight-lipped and smiled before crying in front of Manu's BIL while sipping the tea. The father is tried his best to assist in getting Manu bank loan, despite his past history of bad debt. But, when Manu said that his father failed in business, the father felt the pang and cried over it in front of Manu's BIL. 

The narrated story did have an emotional touch and when the father cried, you could see the emotions when one's child call their parent(s) a failure. Even the BIL was sweet in coaxing his FIL over this situation. 

I felt the actor playing Manu was slightly limited in releasing his frustration. Felt a bit like the actor was checked out or could've done better. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rbpll thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I found it fine as per the situation...Manu is a soft spoken and uberly kind human being ...loudly or more agrresively speaking would not go well with his character.... moreover, he was sad and disappointed, not angry, so limitedly crying/sad tone was more apt for the situation.

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail
Originally posted by: rbpll

I found it fine as per the situation...Manu is a soft spoken and uberly kind human being ...loudly or more agrresively speaking would not go well with his character.... moreover, he was sad and disappointed, not angry, so limitedly crying/sad tone was more apt for the situation.

Yes, I also saw this behavior. I feel he is cognizant or observant of the behavior but rebelling would go against his original characterization sketch perhaps. It was just basic frustration that probably was built up after the banks failed to give him a loan. 

He was able to explain to Daadi who knew him in and out more than anyone else and later onwards to Gargi which is why she seemed ashamed a bit. I feel her father didn't inform her of Manu's words at the time, therefore this situation must've arose as to her lashing out onto Manu like Kanak, her husband, Deepu and his wife did so while his grandmother just remained mum. 

Edited by Myrah_2020 - 2 years ago