Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

surbharati thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I thought after out comments.........we will get a beautiful update in the morning........but it seems you are testing our patiences............this much I was not excited to watch episode ....how much I am excited and waiting for This FF and one more from MimiLulu...................

Both of you are amazing writers and concepts are excellent......

Please dear update next part soon

surbharati thumbnail

Please update soon ........already read the story again........eagerly waiting for update from your story

kirts123 thumbnail

Hi..

Waiting for this amazing story.. I am loving this version  of the headmaster like Dr. Abhi who is trying hard not to smile when his love is in front of him.

Also the Birla Family.. man such a cute and happy family.

Please update soon... Also will there be a back story to Akshu pursuing her dream with a fire ?

Just loving the positivity of this story.. please please update soon with a nice long chapter..  

surbharati thumbnail

Please dear update soon

ramya4barun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Heyy!! I tried waiting but couldn't help😂🙈😋🤭

Waiting for an update!!!🥰❤️

illiana.yale.35 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Chapter 4

tu jaha jaaye mehfoos ho

dil mera maange bas ye dua

Abhimanyu Birla was in a bad mood. His morning coffee wasn't hot enough, the weather was bleak, his bike refused to cooperate with him this morning, and worst of all, it was almost 2 in the afternoon and he had yet to see Akshu. He had a 7 am surgery planned, which ended up facing a minor complication. The patient was fine, but it had taken up his entire morning. Then later he was called to consult on one of Mahima Taiji's newest cases, after which he had a conference call with a practitioner in New York. He'd shot Akshu a quick text, telling her to finish her rounds and then go through some notes he'd left on his desk, but he was irritated that he hadn't been able to see her yet. 

God Abhi, you sound like an addict.

Everyone seemed to sense his dark mood, scampering out of the way as he prowled down the hallway. One poor nurse actually out squeaked an apology after almost bumping her cart into him and hurried off, as if chased by the devil. Yeah, the entire staff kept out of the way, nobody wanted to stare an angry lion in the face.

Opening his door, he removed his headphones, turning the volume down as he noticed a sight that immediately seeped all his tension away. He could actually feel his muscles relaxing. You are every cure, every antidote, every medicine at once.  

Akshara, his Akshu, was sitting behind his desk, in his chair, fast asleep over a pile of papers. Her long hair was pulled up into a messy bun at the top of her head, most of the strands falling down and covering her face. She still had her white coat on. His heart melted at the darling picture she made. He sent a silent prayer up to his Mahadev. It wasn't every day he was blessed with an opportunity to simply look at her without his mask of professionalism on. Squatting down beside her so his face was level with hers, he felt a deep ache in his bones, as if it physically hurt to put up this wall between them. He talked big in front of his family, but the truth was, his heart hurt everyday at the distance between them. She was with him almost 24/7, yet he barely had any time with her. She was his, but not really. Not fully. Not like he craved, not like he needed. 

Gently brushing a lock of her hair away from her face, he frowned at the deep dark circles under her eyes. Her skin also looked paler than usual. He stroked her hair as he thought back on the week, his family's remarks fresh in his mind. Did he over do it? No, he monitored her meticulously, almost obsessively, she should've been in bed by 11, 12 at most. Resolving to ask her about it later, he carefully slipped a hand under her cheek, guiding it so her head rested against his chest. Slipping his other hand under her knees, he picked her up and carried her to the couch across his desk. 

His room used to have a much smaller sofa earlier, more for show than anything. One day, 2 months ago, he'd once come back from a late night conference to find Akshu curled up on it, going through some files. She'd airily mentioned how uncomfortable the sofa was before moving on to discuss a patient. The next day he'd had it replaced it with a much bigger, much more comfortable couch.

He laid her down on it now, with her head on the cushion and draped his jacket over her. Tenderly removing the tie keeping her hair up, he ran his hands through the silky tresses, enjoying their softness and texture. Her hand had fallen off the side, so he picked it up and pressing a kiss to her palm made to rest it against her stomach when he noticed pen marks down the side of her forefinger. He glanced at the paperwork on his desk, and checked again. No, wrong ink. Was she up late studying? They just had a review two days ago, she was up to date.  Curiously, he checked her pulse. Yep, elevated. He felt his temper rise a bit again. Apparently, little Miss Goenka decided to have a late night coffee fueled study session despite being on her feet the whole day yesterday. How the hell was she expecting to take care of patients if she can't even take care of herself? Shaking his head, he pecked her forehead before walking up to his desk. Picking up the papers she was working on, he smiled, despite himself. Sleep deprived or not, his girl's work was impeccable as always. 

Akshara was very, very comfortable at the moment. Her bed felt softer than usual and she was tucked in a manner that was perfectly, splendidly cozy. Her blanket also seemed to smell of sandalwood and antiseptic. It was an odd mix but she adored it. Snuggling further into her warm cave she let out a contented mewl. She didn't remember the last time she had woken up without the sound of her alarm clock or her ringtone with a call from Doctor Akdu-manyu. God it felt good. Stretching languidly like a cat, she opened her eyes and immediately froze. Her blanket wasn't black. Her roof didn't have round LED lights. And her teddy bear definitely didn't look like him.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, mega, ultra, extra, super shit.

Clenching her eyes shut she prayed fervently this was just a bad dream. Timidly opening her eyes she cast a look towards where he sat, leaning back against his chair, studying an X-ray. 

Please let this be a dream, please let this be a dream, please let this be a drea-

"Good morning" he said, without turning around. She checked the watch on her wrist. 6:30. His sarcasm sense was still flawless. So not a dream. Yay.

"Had a late night, did you?" he asked casually, turning around to face her. Her face flushed despite herself. "Um, something like that, yeah" she muttered.

"See that's funny" he said, getting up and taking slow predatory steps towards her. "Because I distinctly remember you texting me you had reached home at 10."

She was about to tell him about Akshay's call but she stopped herself. She didn't know why but she felt almost....guilty. Why the hell did she feel guilty, she didn't do anything wrong, per se. As long as she was not at the hospital, her time was hers. Yet as she looked at the quiet storm brewing in his eyes she knew he'd be absolutely livid if he found out she was up all night studying with Akshay. She was about to make an excuse when suddenly all the oxygen left her body as he squatted down beside where she still sat on the couch. 

Despite the fact that she was on the couch and he was on the floor, the height difference between them put them at eye level. Leaning in towards her he captured her chin in one hand when she tried to nervously back away, placing his other hand beside her on the couch, effectively caging her.

"How many hours of sleep did you get last night?" he asked softly. 

Akshara avoided looking into his eyes. Which was a little hard, considering the firm grip he had on her jaw.

"I'm sorry, let me rephrase," he said, tone still light. Light, but fused with danger. "Did you get any sleep last night?"

Akshara closed her eyes.

"Hm. Thought so. Next question. How much coffee have you had since yesterday morning?"

Her eyes flapped open incredulously. No way he knew.

He ran his thumb lightly across her jaw, his other hand suddenly circling around her wrist. "Pale skin, dark circles, dilated pupils, increased accommodative amplitude and an elevated pulse despite just having woken up. Something you wanna tell me, sweetheart?"

Akshara could barely breathe. He was so close! Did he always have those light brown flecks in his dark eyes? 

No, bad Akshu! Bad! Focus, he asked you a question. This is not the time to fixate on how pretty he is. Think of a lie, quick!

"Um, it wasn't that much actually, in fact-"

"How many"

"Seriously, you worry too much-"

"How. Many." 

"Sir, it's really not that big-"

"Akshu" he growled. A warning. If she wasn't still hyperaware of how close he was, she would have focused on his use of 'Akshu' instead of the usual 'Akshara' or 'Doctor Akshara'.

"Seven" she mumbled.

The grip on her chin slightly tightened before releasing it. His palm travelled to the back of her neck, curling around her nape. "And what exactly were you studying that required you to mess up your sleep schedule, overdose on caffeine and essentially render you too drained to do anything the next day?"

Oh god, no. Jaw clenched, shoulders tight, lips pursed, eyes unwavering, a slight tick on his left eyebrow. Yep, he was royally pissed. And all she could focus on was that damned jaw of his, that looked sharper than usual right now. And his forearms, with those veins slightly more pronounced. And the cool rings at her throat.

Breathe, Akshu, focus for god's sake!

"Cardiac Physiology" she said quickly, without thinking then immediately regretted it as his eyes narrowed. Crap, crap, crap, he knew she didn't need to revise C. Physio! 

Detonating in three, two, one......

Getting up abruptly, not giving him a chance to question her further, she hastily began running her hands through her hair. Where did she drop her hair tie now, she thought absentmindedly. "Um, so sorry, for, um, falling asleep. I can make up for it. I haven't done a night shift in a while anyway."

"No," he said, getting up as well. "Go home and go straight to bed. Your caffeine crash hasn't ended yet, in fact you're still fidgeting a bit. You need a few more hours. I expect you here at 8 tomorrow, sharp. Without a drop of caffeine in you. I'll know if you do. Understood?"

Akshara nodded her head, a little ashamed now. She wasted the whole day, simply because of her inability to say no and her new but frankly alarming dependency on coffee. She gratefully accepted the water bottle he handed her and took a large gulp.

"Finish it" he ordered "you're dehydrated."

Properly chastised now she did as he said, hyper aware of his penetrative gaze on her. Once the bottle was empty she quickly said good night and sorry and hurried out. Never again, Akshu. Never. Again. She was in such a hurry that she almost crashed into a tall frame as she exited the hallway. 

"Akshara! Hey!"

What. The. Hell. Was. He. Doing. Here?!

"God I'm so glad I ran into you!" Akshay beamed. "Thank you so much for your help last night. Can't thank you enough. Let me make it up to you. I kinda feel bad for keeping you up all night" he laughed lightly.

Could this day get any worse?

"I see." 

Yep, it could.

Clenching her eyes shut praying for the floor to open up and swallow her whole, she turned around to meet the cold, furious eyes of one Abhimanyu Birla.

Ah, shit. Akshu beta tu toh gayi. And Akshay tu toh definitely gaya. May you rest in peace.

You know I had absolutely no intention of updating today but SOME of you didn't let me leave it. Your comments are like my weakness or something. Ya'll are intense man. But also, like, really cute so here's an extra long, extra abhiralicious chapter for you guys.

So, what'd you think? Did you like Abhi changing his couch for his Akshu because of course he would. Did you enjoy those two diagnosing each other? I just love to read the theories and questions you guys come up with.

Chapter 5 - Page 20

Edited by illiana.yale.35 - 2 years ago
illiana.yale.35 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ramya4barun

Heyy!! I tried waiting but couldn't help😂🙈😋🤭

Waiting for an update!!!🥰❤️

check now 😂

ramya4barun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Could someone love anymore as Abhi❤️ he is so unreal

This main is uff!! Hayee!! Main toh pigal gayi!!❤️❤️

Akshu is so very predictable for himm🤗💖 I absolutely fell for this man once again!🥰

Perfect end to my day!! I can re read it again and again!!❤️ This is bliss💕

I so wish this Sofa scene works in real in yrkkh!!!❤️

Poor Akshay!! Voh toh Gaya ab kaam se🤭😋😂😂👻

Edited by ramya4barun - 2 years ago
serenepeace46 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Love it, please keep posting asap, I keep refreshing the page for your story every hour, I'm addicted 

Love ❤

I'm going to re read again and I am melting 

Edited by serenepeace46 - 2 years ago
surbharati thumbnail

Beautiful update.......Loved our ABHIRA admiring each other......really wanted more than what we got,....after reading update....wishing you updated one more chapter & may be we are satisfied.....

Thanks for updating dear.......but don't make us wait,....actually can't wait much ...

But big THANK YOU for updating....