Is a so called EMA always wrong

JustAnEngineer thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Like here I believe you guys have a problem with V but do you remember the elderly lady and her friend one of V and D's patients. They had a somewhat platonic or otherwise relationship eventhough she was married to someone else.

What do you guys think is EMA so wrong or can it be conditional? I have not thought much about this before

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rouble_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Veruthe

Like here I believe you guys have a problem with V but do you remember the elderly lady and her friend one of V and D's patients. They had a somewhat platonic or otherwise relationship eventhough she was married to someone else.

What do you guys think is EMA so wrong or can it be conditional? I have not thought much about this before

EMA is wrong when the husband wants the cake and eat it too! EMA is wrong when the husband hides facts from both sides, the wife, and the gf. EMA is wrong when the husband has no intention of leaving his wife! Here, though being a married man openly loving Deepika is wrong, but when he has no relationship with his wife, and he’s been trying to do the right thing of ending a marriage that has no future, which his family and his wife is resisting, for him, it’s safe to accept the fact that he’s not guilty, nor is Deepika. Deepika didn’t break his marriage. Vikrant’s marriage was broken from day 1! True it was coz he loved Deepika, but Deepika wasn’t active in his life, breaking the marriage. Now yes, she gave in after much resistant… but still have maintained a distance right after his wife came back. It brought her back to reality. But Vikrant is very clear in his words and actions, he isn’t afraid to face the world and their taunts for Deepika! Which shows he knows his standing and is sticking by it! He wanted to leave the marriage long back, but Aditi never allowed it. So it’s on Aditi for holding onto a lifeless marriage, hoping it would take a better turn. Now she wants her due that she paid for 10 years, through her wish, is something that makes no sense! A relationship like hers, is like a dead end.. it will only bring her more pain. She’s trying to hang onto it, as she made it her identity. It’s hard for any girl to break from such a bond, but when it isn’t mutual, why carry it on any longer??! 

EMA is wrong, but before judging anything, it is important to look at the story from all sides and look at individual context! 

WhtsinAname thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

EMA is wrong. Personally whatever be the scenario I would never support an extramaritial affair . Never. Whatever may be the reason or the situation , you are cheating on someone and dt is never acceptable. You are ruining lives , breaking trusts.

Why cant people just break their ongoing relationship cleanly before entering into this so called Love outside marriage ? Why keep the safety net of marriage before falling in love again ? Because these people are insecure and afraid of losing their back up. For example Vikrant ....if his marriage wasnt working for so many years , why didnt he break it den ? Why now ? Bcz now he is sure Deepika will take him back , dts why he is ready to ditch Aditi now. He wasnt sure before , bcz in case Deepika nai milti toh achi khasi wife b chali jati .

As for the other woman in the ema , I find them insensitive and selfish. If as a woman you cant see you are ruining another woman's life then what good are you ? If you cant see how your actions are affecting another human being's life then why should anyone sympathesize wid you ? Atleast hv the guts to tell your partner to get the divorce first and then do whatever you wish.

Keeping all that aside , whats worst is Deepika had her chance with Vikrant year back. Had they not been impulsive and tried to sort out their difference , then der would not hv been a Aditi Saxena to suffer the consequences. Deepika chose her life over everything else den which was fair. But now she feels lonely , and since her career is stable now she choose to get back the same person she herself rejected den. All she comes across is as Selfish. Someone who doesnt care about anyone else but herself and what she wants. Honestly in this ema I am more dissappointed by Deepika dan Vikrant. 

Serenity_me thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

In my opinion EMA is wrong when husband is playing safe , when he want to have both the world , when he wants wife at home and GF for his leisures. In most of the cases men think it’s okay for them to roam around with gfs while no intentions of giving their relation a respectful name and rights . They usually have fears if it would not work with gf so they can anytime go back to their wife and if wife leave then they have gf as easy option .

In Vikrant Aditi case their marriage was already broken and Deepika wasn’t in their life from past ten years so if their marriage couldn’t work when there was no third person or any obstacles in those 10 years , in that case nobody at fault except husband and wife . If Deepika move out of the scene then it will not be helpful either because With or without Deepika their marriage has no future . It’s doomed long back. 

They don’t connect together and it’s not wise to cling to any relation which has nothing to offer you , which make you lose yourself both emotionally and mentally , which give you no growth and peace together . 

Forcefully keeping your partner with yourself would not give peace to anybody , it will harm both in long run. So it’s better to move on in your life, you may find love and happiness with somebody else who values you and love you the way you are. 

rouble_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DaffodilsNew

EMA is wrong. Personally whatever be the scenario I would never support an extramaritial affair . Never. Whatever may be the reason or the situation , you are cheating on someone and dt is never acceptable. You are ruining lives , breaking trusts.

Why cant people just break their ongoing relationship cleanly before entering into this so called Love outside marriage ? Why keep the safety net of marriage before falling in love again ? Because these people are insecure and afraid of losing their back up. For example Vikrant ....if his marriage wasnt working for so many years , why didnt he break it den ? Why now ? Bcz now he is sure Deepika will take him back , dts why he is ready to ditch Aditi now. He wasnt sure before , bcz in case Deepika nai milti toh achi khasi wife b chali jati .

As for the other woman in the ema , I find them insensitive and selfish. If as a woman you cant see you are ruining another woman's life then what good are you ? If you cant see how your actions are affecting another human being's life then why should anyone sympathesize wid you ? Atleast hv the guts to tell your partner to get the divorce first and then do whatever you wish.

Keeping all that aside , whats worst is Deepika had her chance with Vikrant year back. Had they not been impulsive and tried to sort out their difference , then der would not hv been a Aditi Saxena to suffer the consequences. Deepika chose her life over everything else den which was fair. But now she feels lonely , and since her career is stable now she choose to get back the same person she herself rejected den. All she comes across is as Selfish. Someone who doesnt care about anyone else but herself and what she wants. Honestly in this ema I am more dissappointed by Deepika dan Vikrant. 

This is as typical as it gets! Women getting blamed, over the man! 👏 Keep it up! This is our Indian society anyway, this mentality has been passed down, since Eras! Deepika is vulnerable no doubt.. BUT where do you see her making moves on Vikrant or accepting him as she was beginning to, before his wife came??! She is maintaining her space!! If you like the other characters in the show too blind to see this, then I got no words to say! 

Yes she is lonely! But still maintains her self respect! Yes, she isn’t “pushing” Vikrant away, but isn’t pulling him towards her either! So don’t go blaming her for nothing!! She is accepting him, as she is vulnerable, but has already mentioned she doesn’t want to be the other woman breaking his marriage! She isn’t letting him come close to her, for obvious reasons!! As for today she was broken and him supporting her made her feel comforted. 

Vikrant should divorce first then do what he wishes to with Deepika. But if you follow the story, even the last 10 years, he didn’t hide Deepika’s story from his wife! He thought of leaving her long back, he should have if it wasn’t working for him, but for whatever reason, they both stuck around. So now he’s determined, to leave her after his hope to reunite with Deepika became real. 

Deepika isn’t going to encourage anything that’s against her morals. But as a human, falling weak from a familiar support system, is normal! Especially when she has no family of hers to fall back for support. Her vulnerability makes sense. Not saying I encourage EMA, but from a emotional perspective, it makes sense for her! 

seemagoder thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

EMA is wrong definitely,  but if husband is hiding it from wife and gf is like he wants both piece of cake..... 

Its wrong even if his partner knows and wife is not aware....

Now , in the case of Vikrant, he is very clear from day he saw Deepika and confess the same to his wife and his ready to fight for her and he publicly accepted his relationship with Deepika, so it do make sense 

V marriage is dead , there is no way to be into such marriage.  Aditi claims he invested 10 years is also wrong as he was well aware taht V has no feeling for her even before getting married to V. So, what she did knowing well things will fall apar..

Now being with the husband in already dead relationship will not help Aditi but will let to More suffering. So , better to give up as she can a new man with whom she can spend quality life 

Basically one need to look from all side 

Edited by seemagoder - 2 years ago
PUMMY5 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

EmA is wrong in Marriage.

Don't forget that the Story line has been changed to suit the Vikrant - Deepika acceptence.

He was happy in his Marriage and Job, he said when asked to join but it all changed when he saw Deepika.

Than the Story goes that he is not happy, the last 10 years have been hell etc.

But seriously this is stupid, he blamed his Sister, when She tried to stop the Marriage and Aditi to agree to marry him, when he loved someone else.

Reality is that in our Desi ethics etv, Marriage is more than Love but is looking at the whole picture of family dynamics, culture etc.

Which Aditi did successfully, and She is right he is a successfully Surgeon due to her devotion in doing everything for him, enabling him to concentrate on his Career.

She became the Wife that he wanted with her Career planned by him etc. Yes She knew that he loved Deepika but She worked at her Marriage and also her chance of having a baby has been crushed by this affair.

What is wrong in asking Vikrant for 10 years of her life and She also challenged him when she asked him that if She had not arrived than she would have been none the wiser.

Yes Deepika is stupid and has lost her ethics and morals etc.

She is blindly believing everything that Vikrant has spoon fed her about his Marriage, that She believes that the 3 of them are unhappy in this Marriage. He lied to her say that the Landlord kicked him out and Aditi was staying there.

Like what is going on.

Even PC said that this is not the Deepika of the last 10 Years, who gave up everything for her Dream, and that this path is going to be her downfall and she will lose the position that she has and will remember it if only I had regerds.

Deepika was smart enough to see the controlling jerk Vikrant 10 years ago but the mind boggles that she thinks that he is a angle now.

She bought shame and disgrace to her family 10 years ago and is going to do the same now by being the other woman, with the same Vikrant.

Her Father never recovered from the shame but knowing that her Mother will not forgive her for this mess. 

Deepika needs to speak to Aditi about her Marriage instead of taking Vikrant word on it.

Point to note that the traditional Indian Marriage is based on Family values, morals service to the Parents and not the glorified Lost love thay is shown to us by Vikrant-Deepika to show his Marriage. There is more to a Marriage than that.

WhtsinAname thumbnail

Originally posted by: rouble_lover

This is as typical as it gets! Women getting blamed, over the man! 👏 Keep it up! This is our Indian society anyway, this mentality has been passed down, since Eras! Deepika is vulnerable no doubt.. BUT where do you see her making moves on Vikrant or accepting him as she was beginning to, before his wife came??! She is maintaining her space!! If you like the other characters in the show too blind to see this, then I got no words to say! 

Yes she is lonely! But still maintains her self respect! Yes, she isn’t “pushing” Vikrant away, but isn’t pulling him towards her either! So don’t go blaming her for nothing!! She is accepting him, as she is vulnerable, but has already mentioned she doesn’t want to be the other woman breaking his marriage! She isn’t letting him come close to her, for obvious reasons!! As for today she was broken and him supporting her made her feel comforted. 

Vikrant should divorce first then do what he wishes to with Deepika. But if you follow the story, even the last 10 years, he didn’t hide Deepika’s story from his wife! He thought of leaving her long back, he should have if it wasn’t working for him, but for whatever reason, they both stuck around. So now he’s determined, to leave her after his hope to reunite with Deepika became real. 

Deepika isn’t going to encourage anything that’s against her morals. But as a human, falling weak from a familiar support system, is normal! Especially when she has no family of hers to fall back for support. Her vulnerability makes sense. Not saying I encourage EMA, but from a emotional perspective, it makes sense for her! 

Woah !!!! Just to show how much of a feminist you are , you read whatever you like and ignore the rest. I never said the woman is the only one to be blamed. I hv first and foremost written about how a man is wrong and then I said about the woman.

Hell even if the case was reversed and It was Aditi who was cheating on Vikrant wid another man , I would still be against it. Its my personal opinion. No ways would I support ema be it anyone. If it was Aditi cheating wid a another man ,I would find him at fault too.

And Deepika is maintaining her space🤣. R u kidding me ?😆 From which angle ? She gave him Dhamki that she cannot contain herself anymore if his wife interferes. She even told Abhay she "knows" Aditi is unhappy too . Who is she to decide for Aditi ? You are clearly watching the show with some rose tinted glasses that cant see Deepika as wrong. But news flash she is EQUALLY GUILTY of this as is Vikrant. But since I had better expectations from her , so I feel more DISSAPOINTED  wid her.

Also for your information , emotional cheating is the worst form of cheating there could. Deepika has not done anything actively but she is doing everything passively, so she is appearing to be a victim. Not just dt she is cheating on her profession too. She did not report a drug abusing surgeon to the medical board. Its a crime. And why did she do it ? Bcz she is in love wid V.  And this is just one example. There a number of them. She let a married man stay at her house , lied to his wife , almost got ahead to kiss him.  

Maybe you can see her morals.....but from where I am seeing all her morals hv gone for a toss here. Also you know every cheater blames everything on emotional weakness only. Every single one of them. Why is it dt Deepika is only weak in this case....cz she wants to be. 

I dont know care what you think of me based on a show . I know what I am. Becoming a feminist doesnt meam we hv to excuse every woman . Deepika and Vikrant are both wrong .Neither of them is a saint. But as for me , Deepika is more wrong. You can say whatver you like abt me. Doesnt change facts.

Deepika is like dt kid who chose a some high fi toy over her cake when she was younger and now she wants the cake too bcz she she misses the love .

Edited by DaffodilsNew - 2 years ago
WhtsinAname thumbnail

Originally posted by: PUMMY5

EmA is wrong in Marriage.

Don't forget that the Story line has been changed to suit the Vikrant - Deepika acceptence.

He was happy in his Marriage and Job, he said when asked to join but it all changed when he saw Deepika.

Than the Story goes that he is not happy, the last 10 years have been hell etc.

But seriously this is stupid, he blamed his Sister, when She tried to stop the Marriage and Aditi to agree to marry him, when he loved someone else.

Reality is that in our Desi ethics etv, Marriage is more than Love but is looking at the whole picture of family dynamics, culture etc.

Which Aditi did successfully, and She is right he is a successfully Surgeon due to her devotion in doing everything for him, enabling him to concentrate on his Career.

She became the Wife that he wanted with her Career planned by him etc. Yes She knew that he loved Deepika but She worked at her Marriage and also her chance of having a baby has been crushed by this affair.

What is wrong in asking Vikrant for 10 years of her life and She also challenged him when she asked him that if She had not arrived than she would have been none the wiser.

Yes Deepika is stupid and has lost her ethics and morals etc.

She is blindly believing everything that Vikrant has spoon fed her about his Marriage, that She believes that the 3 of them are unhappy in this Marriage. He lied to her say that the Landlord kicked him out and Aditi was staying there.

Like what is going on.

Even PC said that this is not the Deepika of the last 10 Years, who gave up everything for her Dream, and that this path is going to be her downfall and she will lose the position that she has and will remember it if only I had regerds.

Deepika was smart enough to see the controlling jerk Vikrant 10 years ago but the mind boggles that she thinks that he is a angle now.

She bought shame and disgrace to her family 10 years ago and is going to do the same now by being the other woman, with the same Vikrant.

Her Father never recovered from the shame but knowing that her Mother will not forgive her for this mess. 

Deepika needs to speak to Aditi about her Marriage instead of taking Vikrant word on it.

Point to note that the traditional Indian Marriage is based on Family values, morals service to the Parents and not the glorified Lost love thay is shown to us by Vikrant-Deepika to show his Marriage. There is more to a Marriage than that.

At this point Deepika's priorities are :

1. Vikrant

2. Job

Family , Self respect and morals are very much down the that list .

JustAnEngineer thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

So EMA is not like wrong wrong. It can be wrong at times and right at times it's just the moral policing which makes us feel that everything outside marriage is crap and inside marriage is okay.