Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Supari_khala thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

Movies that required the heroine to excel in asthmatic roles were limited unfortunately. 🥺

ImageImageImage

Jesus how many of these has she done?

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

Movies that required the heroine to excel in asthmatic roles were limited unfortunately. 🥺

ImageImageImage

I was waiting for someone to post these asthma acting. 🤣

On topic, I feel she was an average actress. Though she could have improved but didn't get a chance. After KNPH, Gadar and Humraaz's success she didn't get good roles or good movies. People preferred Kareena over her even though she too was not that great of an actress in the initial years of her career. Also, I remember Ameesha used to feel damn jealous and insecure of Kareena and used to indirectly mock all big producers for casting Kareena in their movies and not giving her a chance. That must have affected her career. I used to watch award shows then and Ameesha mostly used to perform on Kareena's songs. I used to feel so annoyed at her for trying to prove she can dance and act better than Kareena in her songs. Her affair with Vikram Bhatt and her fight with her parents also made it worst for her.

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Life_Is_Dutiful

On topic, I feel she was an average actress. Though she could have improved but didn't get a chance. After KNPH, Gadar and Humraaz's success she didn't get good roles or good movies. People preferred Kareena over her even though she too was not that great of an actress in the initial years of her career. Also, I remember Ameesha used to feel damn jealous and insecure of Kareena and used to indirectly mock all big producers for casting Kareena in their movies and not giving her a chance. That must have affected her career. I used to watch award shows then and Ameesha mostly used to perform on Kareena's songs. I used to feel so annoyed at her for trying to prove she can dance and act better than Kareena in her songs. Her affair with Vikram Bhatt and her fight with her parents also made it worst for her.

Can you imagine being with the director and he cuts the scene that explains your character has asthma and makes your acting look even worse than it is? 😭

Kareena started with the jabs about Ameesha's appearance in KNPH - talking about her pimples and how Rakesh didn't make her look as good as Hrithik and that's why she was glad she left the film to make Refugee. 

Ameesha though was a huge snob who bragged about her family's wealth, how she didn't need a famous boyfriend unlike other actresses (then had an affair with her director), and how she knew how to naturally wear and handle expensive clothes and handbags because she grew up with that unlike other actresses.

I don't think Tufts University gives out gold medals for academics.  It's not a practice I've ever heard of in the U.S..

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Firstly, her "range" as an actor was limited.

Secondly, her choices, neither "personal" nor "professional" were any great...

Thirdly, she was an outsider...

Edited by bashful_moon - 2 years ago
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Life_Is_Dutiful

Really? i always thought it was the other way round. Kareena's statements and interviews from 2000 to 2003 always hinted at her jealousy and insecurity from Ameesha..she has commented on Ameesha's looks and acting..also given statements like Ameesha has only given hits and i have only given flops..she was highly insecure and anyone would be..Ameesha replaced her in KNPH and that was a BB and she followed it with an ATBB in Gadar..she was the most promising newcomer around 2001..can you imagine a Tara Sutaria or Ananya Panday getting this in first 2 movies..anyone pitted against them will lose it..

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Really? i always thought it was the other way round. Kareena's statements and interviews from 2000 to 2003 always hinted at her jealousy and insecurity from Ameesha..she has commented on Ameesha's looks and acting..also given statements like Ameesha has only given hits and i have only given flops..she was highly insecure and anyone would be..Ameesha replaced her in KNPH and that was a BB and she followed it with an ATBB in Gadar..she was the most promising newcomer around 2001..can you imagine a Tara Sutaria or Ananya Panday getting this in first 2 movies..anyone pitted against them will lose it..

Then I think both the actresses used to indulge in catfights 😆because I had read lot of indirect mocking from Ameesha too in her interviews. 

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Journey95

She was cute but lacked screen presence and didn't really stand out. I remember she and Kareena were "rivals" early on but the latter surpassed her easily because she was more memorable

Kareena is industry kid. She acted worst in her initial movies. Had string of flops. 

Ameesha gave 3 continuous hit and yet were gone. 

But Kareena survived? How? She had backing. Nepo kid hai woh. She kept getting movies flops after flops. 
Talent to dono mein same hi tha. 

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

Kareena is industry kid. She acted worst in her initial movies. Had string of flops. 

Ameesha gave 3 continuous hit and yet were gone. 

But Kareena survived? How? She had backing. Nepo kid hai woh. She kept getting movies flops after flops. 
Talent to dono mein same hi tha. 

Ameesha didn't really stand out in her hit movies, Kareena often did even if it was in a over the top way. Hell say what you will about her character in K3G but she made that role iconic. 

But Kareena being a nepo kid was a factor too since she had a lot of flops for a few years yet kept getting more and more movies (Jab we met was her first big hit in years from what I remember)

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

KKK used to pick fights with everyone in those days... She did with AP too,  so AP gave back

AP might have changed later but at that time KKK was the bellicose...

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Literally all I remember about her is KNPH and Humraaz - overacting in both. Oh and that she sued her parents😐