Our Anniversary - Arakshi Story Part2-Page 2 01/06/2022

Swasa0804 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Our Anniversary

This is an arakshi short story. I am completely new to this short story concept, but I decided to give it a try. So, I hope you will like it.

But I would like to make one thing clear before I start, if you like the story, then express it. Let me know it. That would really encourage me to do more.

So if you are ready, then let's get started.

Index

The day after our Anniversary Part 1 - Page 1

The day after our Anniversary Part 2 - Page 2

Edited by Swasa0804 - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bodhianveshika thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Res for new story 

Edited by Bodhianveshika - 2 years ago
Swasa0804 thumbnail

OUR ANNIVERSARY

CHAPTER 1

"So team.., there's no case for today. So..", Sameer was saying but was interrupted by Shree's excited voice.

"So, day off?", Shree asked.

Everyone looked wide eyed at his comment.

"It hasn't even been 30 mins since the office began and you want a day off! Not mention that, you just returned after your 2 week vacation.", Arjun commented dryly.

Shree kept a sulking face in response while others tried to suppress their smirks.

"May be he has some plans or has promised to meet someone. May be it's a special day to him. Not everyone will be interested in skipping their important days in the name of work.", Sakshi commented back to Arjun, not trying a bit to hide the sarcasm.

Arjun shot an angry glare in response. But Sakshi didn't step back. She too glared back with equal anger.

The team got confused, not knowing the reason behind the staring contest between this wife and husband.

It was only Sameer, who tried to break the building tension in the room.

"Ok, guys! Listen everyone. There's no day off today(eyeing Shree seriously). The case reports from last 4 days are in pending. Finish them. If there's some problem, I will be in my cabin. Come to me.", saying so, Sameer got up.

"Fine then. I will also leave.", Sakshi also got up.

"Where are you going?", Arjun asked, seeing her pack her stuff.

"It's not just you who have important works to get busy with. Even I am expected to work by some people.", saying so, she stormed out of the room, shortly followed by Arjun who went towards his cabin.

Sakshi's POV,

I am driving past the other vehicles on the road. Though my eyes are focused on the road and hands on the steering, I am not able to focus. My mind is still wandering at yesterday's incidents.

Did I just over react in the office?

May be I shouldn't have shouted at him.

But still.., the mistake was his. All I asked for is one day. One single day, that too on our anniversary.

But no, he doesn't budge. On all the other days he will sit beside me and discuss lakhs of things but he will not be able to celebrate one anniversary with me. And did I ask for some Paris or Dubai trip in the name of celebration? Just one single day without any case or something. But no! Firstly, he ran to office early in the morning as if the building caught fire and then he skipped the lunch and also came late for dinner. Late in the sense, not the usual late. If he had come late by another hour, our marriage day would have been completed. And when I asked him about it, he said that he got stuck with an important work. Now, who gives such lame reasons for missing their anniversary? 

And when I prolonged the conversation he accused me by saying that I live only for parties and I just want to show off my status and all. But the truth is that, I never wanted parties or show off, all I wanted was some alone time for us both.

"Madam! You can park your car at that end.", The guard at the entrance of the D-mart told me.

I nodded and moved inside. Now don't ask me if my important work is in the Mart. I actually went to my channel office. But our editor went out of station and will only return in the evening. I can also go back to the office if I want, but I am clearly not interested in another slot of bickering. So I decided to buy some groceries and go home.

I entered inside and took a basket and moved towards the racks.

This has always been the situation with Arjun. From the first day of our marriage. He would actively participate in the events related to his friends but doesn't show interest for his own marriage day.

Many times I convince myself by saying that, he being a police officer justifies the reason behind his behaviour. But still, do all the people in public services behave this way? I also work in the same office as his, but I was never like this.

Okay, leave me. He can say that I am a journalist, as an excuse. Then consider Dular and Anamika. They live in our neighboring flat. Theirs was an inter religion marriage. They came here before a one and a half year. He works for the Indian Army. So, most of the time he stays at the border. But still, whenever he comes, he does something special for his wife. He organizes parties, takes her out for dinners, gives her surprises and what not, everything. Whenever I see her, she's always happy, joyful and all smiles.

But I don't ask Arjun all these. All I ask is for some time of his. But he never understands me. Marriage alone isn't enough to bind two people life long. There should also be some special moments which act like a glue to bind them during tough times. I don't know when Arjun will realize this.

ETF Headquarters,

Arjun sat in his cabin with a file infront of him. He kept staring at the file without blinking his eyes but anyone seeing him can immediately tell that his focus was not on the file in front of his eyes but somewhere else.

Arjun's POV,

Seriously, what should I do now? Sakshi is really pissed off with me. I don't know when she will become normal. Till then, she will make my living a hell. Sulking face, silent glares, angry taunts and tantrums, Arghh! I better go on a spiritual tour to the Himalayas for some days. But no, I don't want to leave my Sakshi alone and go somewhere else. She is so naive. Of course! Not when she is angry.

"Oh, really! Then you shouldn't have missed the dinner.", a voice inside me spoke.

Oh, come on! What about the dinner? It will only make her stress more. You see making different dishes, decorating the house and all other things.

"Oh, such a sweet heart! Then you could have helped her with all those things by going home earlier.", again the voice said.

Um..um, I had important work at the office.

"That's why she scolds you.", it commented.

As if I care! Also, why should she scold me in front of everyone? Now, should the entire office know that I missed my anniversary dinner?

"Don't be so heartless, Arjun.", the voice again said.

Okay, I understand. But it somehow happened and I missed it. Now, I can do anything to make it up for her. But no, she doesn't agree. Also, she knows, I had always been cold feet for these dinners, celebrations and all. Even during our marriage, only I know, how cold feet I had been.

But still, she knows I love her, more than anyone else in this world. And okay I am the one at the fault, I should have come home at the right time. But still, I came at 11'o clock. We could have had dinner even then, if she had wanted. But no, she began making fuss. And in each and every fight, she has been habituated to bring that Dular. He does that, he does this. Now that, he returns once in a blue moon, he should obviously do some stuff to butter his wife. And also how do they matter in our marriage?

And when the conversation went a bit more out of hand, I said some 2 or 3 lines which I shouldn't have said. Now, it made her more angry.

But, I have told her many times that I don't like these unnecessary celebrations and all. I feel them fake. But I will always be by her side when she needs me. I don't like to shower my love on her on only one particular day. I will give her the same love everyday. More than the maximum of what I can give. Now only God can make her understand that.

Edited by Swasa0804 - 2 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Gold.Abrol thumbnail

Beautiful start Hrudaya 

Just beautiful & really practical keeping in Arjun character & his habits ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘โœจ

So the mess was about Celebrating Anniversary & now it  went but too much ahead ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜” it turned into a big fight too obviously she will be pissed off with Arjun for his cold behavior

Thou Arjun pov was logical too the point but at times love needs expression specially on some special occasions as females are but sensitive about it 

Let's see how they are going to patch up 

Thanks for the PM

Continue soon ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

riduu thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

amazing start ๐Ÿ˜

poor shree ๐Ÿ˜†

where sakshi wanted to celebrate their anniversary but ended up with such a mess ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

both of them are right at there place but arjun should consider sakshi's wish 

its a women's normal wish to celebrate important occasion

i'm eager to know how will they patch up 

continue soon   ๐Ÿ˜

Swasa0804 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Golden_Ginni

Beautiful start Hrudaya 

Just beautiful & really practical keeping in Arjun character & his habits ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘โœจ

So the mess was about Celebrating Anniversary & now it  went but too much ahead ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜” it turned into a big fight too obviously she will be pissed off with Arjun for his cold behavior

Thou Arjun pov was logical too the point but at times love needs expression specially on some special occasions as females are but sensitive about it 

Let's see how they are going to patch up 

Thanks for the PM

Continue soon ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Will update soon. Thanks for your love. And you are right, it's a woman's little wish. It's not even birthday, it's afterall their anniversary. But both are right in their POV. Should see how it will end.

Swasa0804 thumbnail
Originally posted by: sakijun

amazing start ๐Ÿ˜

poor shree ๐Ÿ˜†

where sakshi wanted to celebrate their anniversary but ended up with such a mess ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

both of them are right at there place but arjun should consider sakshi's wish 

its a women's normal wish to celebrate important occasion

i'm eager to know how will they patch up 

continue soon   ๐Ÿ˜

Glad you liked it. I know, it's difficult for any girl to tolerate the cold behaviour of Arjun. If anyone can, it's only Sakshi. Should see how she will deal with him.

Will update soon. Thank you for the support.

Arakshian thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Thanks for writing on arakshi

adding list.

Arakshi123 thumbnail

Amazing story โค๏ธโค๏ธ.. thanks for PM.. waiting for next update โค๏ธโค๏ธ

Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail

loved first part

poor shree but he wanted day off after coming from 2 weeks vacation๐Ÿ˜†

so all sakshi's taunting coz arjun didn't came on time and celebrate their marriage anniversary. Sakshi is comparing other couple but then arjun is also right. But these special occasion makes memories in life then why not to celebrate them after all she is what she was asking for his little time and attention.

Hope he will patch up soon.