Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anika80 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

And its not even a hit film because the budget was 240 and earned 196 cr so its a flop but pr said its a hit film lol

Edited by Anika80 - 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Anika80

And its not even a hit film because the budget was 240 and earned 196 cr so its a flop but pr said its a hit film lol

Didn't know that, the media was acting like its a clean hit: https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/box-office/decoding-sooryavanshi-economics-here-s-why-akshay-kumar-rohit-shetty-cop-thriller-super-hit-954585

Not sure how though with a budget like that

Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

I agree... I actually enjoyed Singham 1, found Singham 2 and Simbba okish, but this one is just... Meh, I guess? 

But maybe this is also because Singham 1 had an awesome villian and Amol's Baba was atleast scary to some extent. Sonu Sood's was like "heh" But Simba was about a topic that hit right in the gut, meanwhile this one is just all over the place where Rohit didn't know what to do with Akshay Kumar

Agree 100%. I also enjoy Ajay more than the other 2

Anika80 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Then why bharat was considered a semi hit..lol not its not an hit but pr made seems like an hit how a film with 240 cr budget earning 196 cr at box-office Is an hit or superhit?akki pr

Originally posted by: Anika80

Then why bharat was considered a semi hit..lol not its not an hit but pr made seems like an hit how a film with 240 cr budget earning 196 cr at box-office Is an hit or superhit?akki pr

True with this logic Bharat should be a hit too..Akshay's PR wants to portray him as this perfect star now who can never fail. Even Bell Bottom turning out to be a big flop was just completely blamed on the pandemic

JustWandering thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Sasta HGOTY....koi competition he nahi tha...🤣

even then Spider-Man made more money 🤪 

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Journey95

True with this logic Bharat should be a hit too..Akshay's PR wants to portray him as this perfect star now who can never fail. Even Bell Bottom turning out to be a big flop was just completely blamed on the pandemic

I think the verdict was down to situation, Bharat released where there was not limit  in capacity and profit margin for bharat from non theoretical revenue was low and i think overseas was a non performer also. Sooryavanshi earned almost 170 crore from non thearetical revenue and did almost 200 crore net from 50% capacity.

Bell Bottom wasn't even a release because it was released where maharashtra cinema's was closed, the biggest business for bollywood movies, and plus where it released there was no night shows, sooryavanshi and 83 didn't face the hurdle bell bottom faced, hence why radhe did 0.5 crore lifetime at the theatres.

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JustWandering

even then Spider-Man made more money 🤪 

2019 end games made more money than war but war was hgoty because of north india business, spider-man earned less than sooryavanshi in north where bollywood movies release, 60% of spider-man business came from south with 40% came from north, it was a pan india release, sooryavanshi only released in north unlike oher movies had multiple language release..

Anyway i feel this was not a respectable highest grosser because sooryavanshi did not become hgoty

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I think the movie did well simply because it is what audience was looking to watch in the theatres the moment they could get out after being cooped up in their home for about 2 years -- mindless masala movie with a good time pass quotient. Had the movie released in the normal pre-covid time, it could have been the weakest movie among those in Shetty's cop-verse.

I also feel it was good words of mouth about the movie  --- as to how the original Singham dominates the climax  not to mention Simbaa's comic timing in between might have piqued people's interest positively. Had the onus of the movie just been on Akshay's shoulders ( like Singham and Simbaa), the verdict of the movie could be quite different.

Edited by bashful_moon - 2 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Thought it was ok