Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

Is this only box office in India or worldwide? Because I'm pretty sure Dil To Pagal Hai, Mohabbatein, and Kal Ho Naa Ho were also HGOTY if you look at worldwide box office and not just domestically.

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Is this only box office in India or worldwide? Because I'm pretty sure Dil To Pagal Hai, Mohabbatein, and Kal Ho Naa Ho were also HGOTY if you look at worldwide box office and not just domestically.

6 in India (Bollywood to be precise) 

10 in overseas or Worldwide like K3G was HGOTY WW but Gadar was in India 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

6 in India (Bollywood to be precise) 

10 in overseas or Worldwide like K3G was HGOTY WW but Gadar was in India 

Yes, I forgot about K3G! 

So considering India alone, Sunny beat him twice and Hrithik beat him twice. Thankfully the important numbers are always worldwide so SRK reigns supreme as always.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Are we back to celebrating Jawan now that Dunki has given us nothing to celebrate ?smiley37

NoraSM thumbnail

Yes, I forgot about K3G! 

So considering India alone, Sunny beat him twice and Hrithik beat him twice. Thankfully the important numbers are always worldwide so SRK reigns supreme as always.

Both are equally important

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Both are equally important

Only looking at domestic numbers isn't looking at the full picture just like only looking at international numbers would also be incomplete. Worldwide is always the most complete picture. There's a reason Hollywood films are always ranked by worldwide numbers overall. Domestic numbers are not given as much attention in the US.

NoraSM thumbnail

Only looking at domestic numbers isn't looking at the full picture just like only looking at international numbers would also be incomplete. Worldwide is always the most complete picture. There's a reason Hollywood films are always ranked by worldwide numbers overall. Domestic numbers are not given as much attention in the US.

I don't see how one is more important as both are just labels at the end of the day

Jawan will be HGOTY of Indian cinema this year 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

I don't see how one is more important as both are just labels at the end of the day

Jawan will be HGOTY of Indian cinema this year 

Because worldwide is looking at the total numbers. If you only look at domestic numbers, the full box office is not being seen. Maybe this is more of an American/Hollywood thing because Hollywood films have more international reach so those numbers are much bigger and more important in the long run.

bakhtaavar thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Deserving of being HGOTY.. Had one of the best theater experience of recent times while watching it.