Purvi & Virender {PurVir} AT #6: Humari Adhuri Kahani

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

Virender Pratap Singh & Purvi Virender Pratap Singh

A story of a 19-year-old, Purvi, who is a ‘Mol ki Dulhan’, which means a bride bought in exchange for money. The show trails the journey and relationship of Purvi and Virender Pratap Singh who are bound by this custom and find themselves in a transactional relationship. 

It is a story about the journey of Purvi who deals with the tough situation as a bought bride and how she wins back her self-respect and acceptance from the people around her.

The story of Molkki revolves around Purvi (played by Priyal Mahajan), an upright girl with a strong moral compass, who is unknowingly sold as a bride to a sarpanch, a man twice her age, Virender Pratap Singh (played by Amar Upadhyay). Purvi is a self-sufficient, headstrong girl who has always made sure she paved her way in life. She paid for her education by tutoring kids and never footed for any privileges. On the other hand, Virender Pratap Singh is still overcoming his first wife’s death and is soaked in the guilt of not being a part of his kids’ life while in their growing up years. But now that he has married for a second time to a bought bride, he does not view it as a real relationship. Transporting viewers to Haryana, Molkki reflects on how Purvi finds her space in society, wins the respect of the people around her, and manages to establish a relationship based on trust and mutual respect with her much-older husband. But will she be a wife, a mother or will she forever be just a bought bride? Will a relationship born out of a money deal, blossom into love?

Amar Upadhyay who plays Virender Pratap Singh says, “It is fantastic to be back working with Ekta Kapoor after so many years. We surely hope to reconstruct the magic and the success that we have jointly created in the past. My character, Virender Pratap Singh is an honest and morally upright individual who is battling his inner feelings while trying to lead a normal life after his recent marriage to a girl much younger than him. Still, in love with his deceased wife, he is not looking for a wife but a mother to his children. I am sure that the viewers will love the complexities that the character will display and will appreciate the same.” 

Priyal Mahajan who plays the role of Purvi said, “I am extremely delighted to be associated with two most powerful brand names in the industry- COLORS and Balaji Telefilms. What adds to my excitement is the show’s concept which is a unique combination of a socially relevant tale narrated in the most interesting as well entertaining manner. While my character is strong and resilient, I have personally grown as an actor while playing Purvi and her spirited journey. With Molkki, a concept that many have never known will be showcased for the first time on Indian television. I hope that viewers follow my journey and shower immense love and support.”

Amar Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/amarupadhyay_official/

Priyal Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/priyalmahajanofficial/

https://www.colorstv.com/uk/shows/molkki/

https://www.colorstv.com/uk/news/5-things-that-you-didnt-know-about-purvi/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3