Who they all waiting for?

Le off-screen mayyybeee πŸ€£

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: EuphoricDamsel.

Okaayyyy this toooo long for me right now....summary? πŸ€ͺ

Just watch the video.

It's Nicola, Claudia. Charithra, Luke N and Jonny and Simone! β€οΈ

They talk about S2 and their characters and PALL MALL!

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Le off-screen mayyybeee πŸ€£

Somehow doubt it. Could be Colin eating a giant cake or a plateful of biscuits !πŸ˜†

Edited by LizzieBennet - 2 years ago
Tapdance thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Simone's character - Kate- is a badass.

I have read the entire series and I have to say I like TVWLM best. It used to be Romancing Mr. Bridgerton (Colin and Penelope's book) but on re-read I found I enjoyed TVWLM more. Most people rate Francesca's story (Book 6: When he was wicked) the highest. Not me though! πŸ˜³

Oh were they excited about Anthony in S1? I thought the buzz was all around Simon and RJP! In fact, I most ppl on the FB group I'm on hated Anthony in S1 .. ngl, he was kinda a d*ck and I hate what they did to his character in S1. In the books, he's such a supportive older brother to all his siblings! Protective, yes but not in the overbearing way it was shown in S1.

Tbh, even Daphne does not feature in TVWLM much. Both Simon and Daphne are there for the Pall Mall game - that's it. Colin is a delight in it though - so sassy and I love how he gangs up with Kate and enjoys Anthony's discomfort around her. I hope they retain all of that in the series! Colin in the books is so much more fun! Somehow I feel the series is missing out on the books' humor! JQ has a way of writing that incorporates so many laugh-out-loud moments. But most of them are in the descriptions, so I get how it maybe difficult to translate them into the screen. Still, I hope to see the Bee scene, the under-the-library-desk scene, Newton's chase into the Serpentine, the Pall Mall ofc and so many more. 

From the BTS photos there are so many new scenes that are not in the book - but i hope they don't come at the expense of what's in the book! They would have had to add a lot of material - the book does not have enough content to fill 8 1-hour episodes! 

Buzz for Anthony from the book readers not much from the show only viewers front...show did not characterise him to be one of the more interesting characters, the younger ones were more fun.

Colin gangs up on him with Kate😁? Sounds fun! 

Maybe they left Anthony less explored or endearing in S1 to build him up for S2 in an all together more interested fashion.

Tapdance thumbnail

I haven't read Book 1 actually. I started from Book 2 went up until 3 and the rest are all in TBR lol.

Haha, happens with many super long series at timesπŸ˜†

Tapdance thumbnail

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Yes they did change around a lot!

What wasn't in the book -

1. The storyline with Will and Alice.

2. Mr. Featherington does not feature at all in the books.

3. There's a 4th Featherington sister, Felicity in the books who's BFFs with Hyacinth. She's not featured in the series.

4. The whole Colin- Marina storyline, and Marina's arc - though she is engaged to George who dies in battle and then marries Phillip, his brother. She does not get pregnant though and Phillip's kids are his and Marina's. Marina is a distant cousin of the Bridgertons and not the Featheringtons. Eloise starts a correspondence with Phillip after she dies and that sets the tone for her book.

Marina is not featured in the books until Book 5 (Eloise, To Sir Phillip with love), so that entire storyline with her coming to stay with the Featheringtons and needing to get married in a hurry is all changed.  

5. Queen Charlotte isn't part of the series at all, and by extension, neither is Prince Friedrich. And ofc Simon isn't Black. Ig they included her since she's supposed to be of mixed race and used it as a means to justify the presence of Black people (and by extension brown) in the gentry during the time (though slavery wasn't abolished until 1833 so this would probably not be accurate) .

6. The Anthony- Siena storyline. There is a mention of an opera singer, Maria with whom Anthony has a 'casual' relationship though it's nowhere as intense as they've shown in the series with him and Siena. (She makes a brief appearance in TVWLM)

They changed Anthony's character a lot from the books (I will forever be mad about this!).  

7. Simon and Lady Danbury's connection is not in the books. This actually seems like it's taken from one of JQ's other books- How to marry a Marquis where the ML, James is Lady Danbury's nephew and when his mom (her sister) dies, he's abused by his dad and Danbury takes him away and raises him. 

Daphne and Simon have 3 girls (Also named alphabetically) and their fourth child is the son and heir whereas the series shows their firstborn to be a boy. Daphne actually is pregnant during TVWLM with their first child, but S1 ended with her giving birth so I'm guessing S2 happens after this.

8. The entire Whistledown reveal does not come until book 4 (Penelope and Colin's book) and forms the crux of the storyline.

9. Lord Granville, Benedict and Madame Delacroix storyline.

10. Eloise's 'sleuthing' storyline.

These are just some that come to mind, but I'm sure there was a lot more. The book actually has very little material (definitely not enough to fill a season's worth of episodes!), so I'm not surprised they added in all that 'masala'. 

Besides I guess they needed the Bridgerton siblings to do something in S1!

Wow, that's a huge summary. Thank you❀️

1) Will and Alice weren't in book 1😲, that's shocking. They were done well in S1.

2) Mr. Featherington was so meh in S1...the ladies did all the work.

3) Maybe she'll come in ahead. Hyacinth as a character would probably have more screen space as she grows.

4) Oh, they just got Marina in early to set some sort of competition in for Daphne in S1 maybe. Eloise for me was one of the best written Bridgerton siblings in S1...can't wait for her to unfurl Lady Whistledown....I hope they do that storyline (if or if it does not exist in the books!)

5) Queen Charlotte's presence just seemed like the Shondaland twist in the tale to give it some modern outlook. The show if not done the way it was with all it's humour quotient, silent satire and aesthetics to bridge viewers back to regency era could have turned out to be a disaster considering some of the outlooks from that era.  The makers really did a brilliant job with S1.

6) Can't wait for Anthony to be characterised as from the books like you guys have described. Sienna dumping him in the end was heartbreaking for him after the choice he made. 

7) Lady Danbury was so well built in the storyline, looks like they bridged a lot of interesting things from the author's other storylines. I guess they just wanted to give a closure to the first story in S1 and work ahead based on feedback, so went with Daphne giving birth in the end. I'm glad the show had Lady Danbury, she was fun!

8) I wish they had waited for the reveal like in the books but I guess they went with the reveal because of unpredictability of the show's success. What will they do in the actual S4 storyline thenπŸ€” Why did they do it this wayπŸ˜”

9) Will have to catch-up on these characters, can't recollect them exactly.

10) Eloise doesn't sleuth?..that's surprising, I thought that was how she was as a character. Eloise minus the sleuthing sounds improbable after watching S1πŸ˜†

@bold: Haha, they did a good job then! And they probably also felt the need to introduce main characters for future POV's from the start just in case the story did go for many season's. Good masala in the end😁

Tapdance thumbnail

Heyyyyy Peeps!

Here you go...finally found a little something on the spoiler pictures I mentioned yesterday. 

πŸ€—

These were the pictures I was talking about. Kate seems to be rushing in a hurry and Anthony seems to be rushing after her? I guess.

Are they planning on changing the confession scene and take a different route from the actual "Kate stuck in the carriage" scene from the books and make it a tad bit more intense and dramatic?

I wonderrrrrrrr☺️

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9652223/Bridgertons-Jonathan-Bailey-Simone-Ashley-film-horseback-series-2-Windsor-Great-Park.html

Jonathan looks so handsome in these pics

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tapdance

Wow, that's a huge summary. Thank you❀️

1) Will and Alice weren't in book 1😲, that's shocking. They were done well in S1.

2) Mr. Featherington was so meh in S1...the ladies did all the work.

3) Maybe she'll come in ahead. Hyacinth as a character would probably have more screen space as she grows.

4) Oh, they just got Marina in early to set some sort of competition in for Daphne in S1 maybe. Eloise for me was one of the best written Bridgerton siblings in S1...can't wait for her to unfurl Lady Whistledown....I hope they do that storyline (if or if it does not exist in the books!)

5) Queen Charlotte's presence just seemed like the Shondaland twist in the tale to give it some modern outlook. The show if not done the way it was with all it's humour quotient, silent satire and aesthetics to bridge viewers back to regency era could have turned out to be a disaster considering some of the outlooks from that era.  The makers really did a brilliant job with S1.

6) Can't wait for Anthony to be characterised as from the books like you guys have described. Sienna dumping him in the end was heartbreaking for him after the choice he made. 

7) Lady Danbury was so well built in the storyline, looks like they bridged a lot of interesting things from the author's other storylines. I guess they just wanted to give a closure to the first story in S1 and work ahead based on feedback, so went with Daphne giving birth in the end. I'm glad the show had Lady Danbury, she was fun!

8) I wish they had waited for the reveal like in the books but I guess they went with the reveal because of unpredictability of the show's success. What will they do in the actual S4 storyline thenπŸ€” Why did they do it this wayπŸ˜”

9) Will have to catch-up on these characters, can't recollect them exactly.

10) Eloise doesn't sleuth?..that's surprising, I thought that was how she was as a character. Eloise minus the sleuthing sounds improbable after watching S1πŸ˜†

@bold: Haha, they did a good job then! And they probably also felt the need to introduce main characters for future POV's from the start just in case the story did go for many season's. Good masala in the end😁

1. Yeah. The entire boxing match and the betting etc was new in the series

2. I think he's already dead in the books. But I think they had him die on screen to introduce the heir as a new character. It might be Rupert Young's character in S2 and perhaps he will end up marrying one of the Featherington girls? - Prudence or Phillipa?  Who knows? One of them actually marries Berbrooke in the books (the chap who's after Daphne in S1) πŸ˜† and he's not such a bad sort - just somewhat foolish.

3. I don't see how she will seeing as she hasn't even been mentioned in passing in the series. Besides, she's not that important and does not have a real storyline, so I guess they won't. But it would have been fun - Hyacinth and Felicity have their own level of sass.

4. Yeah, Eloise was great and Claudia plays her very well, still her book was somewhat of a letdown for me

5. I really enjoy the diversity in the show - whether or not it makes sense given actual historical events. I like that it's color blind and everyone has the same opportunities. I know it has come in for criticism for precisely this aspect but it's not a historically accurate show - so it doesn't matter to me! But idk why they could not have Daphne as a brunette? It's the Bridgerton trademark - all the siblings are dark-haired so Daphne being fair-haired does seem incongruous.

6. He does not want to fall in love. That is one aspect from the books that will stay. But I think in the series they wanted to give a more solid reason for him not wanting love than just what happened to his father. So they added Siena. Anthony is one of my fav siblings in addition to Eloise and Colin, so I hate that they messed up his character. I hope they redeem him well in S2.

7. Oh Lady Danbury is a prominent member of the ton and features in almost all of JQs books including the Smythe-Smith series. Which makes me wish they would include the Smythe-Smith musicales in the series! Oh what wouldn't I give to hear one of their cacophonous concerts! Danbury is very much present in the Bridgerton books too, just that she does not have an equation with Simon like it's shown in the series. In fact, she's the one that places a bet on the identity of Whistledown in Book 4.

8. Yeah. But I think they can still use that storyline. Because it's only the audience that knows. The characters don't.

9. Lord Granville is the gay character in a marriage of convenience, and Madame Delacroix is the modiste with whom Benedict has a fling.

10. I do not recall Eloise playing such an active role in finding out who Whistledown is in the books. In fact, she barely features in Book 4. Colin, Eloise and Frannie's stories are all happening at the same time (same timeline) in different locations, so it's actually a cop-out when Eloise isn't even there when her BFF is revealed to be Lady W. Hopefully they change that in the series.

I do credit them for adding all the good 'masala', but I miss the book's humor. I think that was largely missing in the series. Although the books do get intense, they have a good dash of humor that keeps things balanced and I like that about them!

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Heyyyyy Peeps!

Here you go...finally found a little something on the spoiler pictures I mentioned yesterday. 

πŸ€—

These were the pictures I was talking about. Kate seems to be rushing in a hurry and Anthony seems to be rushing after her? I guess.

Are they planning on changing the confession scene and take a different route from the actual "Kate stuck in the carriage" scene from the books and make it a tad bit more intense and dramatic?

I wonderrrrrrrr☺️

She's riding astride and not side-saddle! πŸ˜† Which is what I'd expect of Kate! πŸ˜†

This is not in books so I wonder what this is! Maybe they're chasing Newton?

Or it could be, like you say, the confession scene changed!