Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

I know, I got irritated in the first few pages because nothing happened! 🤪

And then I couldn’t deal with Colin! I liked him in all the books except his own 😆

Oh I re-read them all online too. The wait times at my library shot up so high after the series came out! 

I LOVED him in the previous two books. Ngl. Loved.

But this? Here? He be running like a lost puppy unaware of literally anything around and within him. Urgh.

I also felt that the intimacy came out of nowhere. No build up, No nothing. It just sort of happened. Wasn't it odd? For two people who have known each other since so long...to get into each other's arms just like that. BLAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH is the word. 

The only think I though readable was their confrontation in the carriage and even that was getting frustrating after a while.

Will anything EVER come close to Kathony? 🥺

Should I even try Eloise's book? Is it equally boring? Or should I go ahead with Francesca's? HELP ME HERE PLS. I'm torn between My love for order and vexation here. 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

He was an ass in this book. I didn’t like the way he behaved once he knew about Pen.

I’m conflicted about Eloise’s book. There are many things I like about it though. Same with Francesca’s.

Does anything get as good as Kathony’s? Not according to me. But you do you.

Maybe you should read Francesca’s first since a lot of people like that one- it ranks as most people’s favorite. 

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

He was an ass in this book. I didn’t like the way he behaved once he knew about Pen.

I’m conflicted about Eloise’s book. There are many things I like about it though. Same with Francesca’s.

Does anything get as good as Kathony’s? Not according to me. But you do you.

Maybe you should read Francesca’s first since a lot of people like that one- it ranks as most people’s favorite. 

Imma go ahead and read Fran's book. Cannot risk another instance of falling over my laptop after swaying all throughout 21 chapters. I can't- 🤡

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: EuphoricDamsel.

Imma go ahead and read Fran's book. Cannot risk another instance of falling over my laptop after swaying all throughout 21 chapters. I can't- 🤡

I actually have enjoyed  other JQ books so much more than the rest of the Bridgerton series. The Splendid series, Rokesby, Bevelstoke, Lyndon sisters ..

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

I actually have enjoyed  other JQ books so much more than the rest of the Bridgerton series. The Splendid series, Rokesby, Bevelstoke, Lyndon sisters ..

Later...Imma go to ALL OF IT after I finish Bridgertons. 

Hoping to get out of the blaaahhhh emotion RMB put me in. 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Later...Imma go to ALL OF IT after I finish Bridgertons. 

Hoping to get out of the blaaahhhh emotion RMB put me in. 

Fran’s book is definitely more intense! But IMO she could never recreate what she did with TVWLM - not in this series at least! 

Let’s hope the on- screen couples turn out more interesting! 

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

Fran’s book is definitely more intense! But IMO she could never recreate what she did with TVWLM - not in this series at least! 

Let’s hope the on- screen couples turn out more interesting! 

Yeahhhhhh. Kathony had it all. It was SO PERFECT. Both the characters had their inhibitions, both were scared of their growing attraction and both helped each other get out of their reservations / fears until the end. 

Their story not only had the intensity but also had angst (With Anthony controlling himself and constantly trying to convince his heart that he couldn't love his wife), care (With him pacifying Kate in her episodes during thunderstorms) and above all growth (Anthony's in accepting that he loved Kate and letting himself feel for someone and Kate finally feeling beautiful in her own way and getting over how people have made her feel by always trying to get to Edwina). 

I loved Kate thoroughly! Their consummation was a treat to read because it had an emotional quotient which was through the roof!

Bridgerton #4 was a massive disappointment I really don't know what they'll show in the series when they come to this book looooolllllll. 😆 

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

Okayyy!

Posting some of My Fav edits here because I've obviously been all over YT and IG looking for them after reading the book last year. 🤪

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLv_0-HvA-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7E6VlCzmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4FER6qqiwQ

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Man, these are so pretty! To think we'll have more of these with real scenes and with Simone in them! ❤️

I love Jonny's look this season though I miss the messy bed hair! ☺️

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Yeahhhhhh. Kathony had it all. It was SO PERFECT. Both the characters had their inhibitions, both were scared of their growing attraction and both helped each other get out of their reservations / fears until the end. 

Their story not only had the intensity but also had angst (With Anthony controlling himself and constantly trying to convince his heart that he couldn't love his wife), care (With him pacifying Kate in her episodes during thunderstorms) and above all growth (Anthony's in accepting that he loved Kate and letting himself feel for someone and Kate finally feeling beautiful in her own way and getting over how people have made her feel by always trying to get to Edwina). 

I loved Kate thoroughly! Their consummation was a treat to read because it had an emotional quotient which was through the roof!

Bridgerton #4 was a massive disappointment I really don't know what they'll show in the series when they come to this book looooolllllll. 😆 

I agree. Kathony was beautifully developed. I find that in all the other books in this series I've always had something to nitpick over that held me back from totally enjoying the couple and the story.

RMB was pretty meh for me on second read,. A pity because I liked both Colin and Penelope and wanted their story to be special. I know they have little meaty material from the book to work on, but I have faith in these showmakers. Look what they did with Duke and I! Then again, a lot of S1 was sold because of the charisma of RJP and to an extent, Phoebe and their chemistry. I see woefully little of that chemistry between Luke and Nicola so far. Unless some miracle happens by the time they get to S4!