Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fatssrilanka thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

You have summed it up so wellšŸ‘. Amazing. I thought Vikrant has changed but he isn't. He's the same Vikrant. The way he informed PC about Deepika helping him was well planned. I just hope Deepika realises he's trying to trap her and doesn't entertain him anymore.

SONIA441 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Sanjanas

This what you said my friend is what distinguishes Dhadkan from the other shows you mentioned :) 

in both the victim is a naive, docile, a lil under-confident girl but here we have a confident, rational, self sufficient and successful person falling prey and totally losing her marbles - highlighting the strength of narcissists and their manipulation techniques! Maybe I am overtly invested in this show and over-analyzing it (šŸ˜›) but you can also perceive it as Deepika being the "traditional" prey 10 years ago -  Even the wiser, stronger and more mature version of you cannot combat your abuser years later as this is their game and they are the master at this one - your only way out is to ignore!

This is something supremely mature for ITV and I have personally not seen personality disorders handled this way.

You're so right about the highlighted part here.

While you neatly point out here how Deepika who's supposed to be experienced & took a decision to safeguard herself from Vikrant then also can't do the same right now while the other shows had naive women falling in the trap who then learnt their ways around it.

Vikrant knows which buttons to press now to get to Litti so well that Litti & Deepika have merged into one without even putting up a fight. 

I can literally see the lyrics of Om Shanti Om's song playing for Dr.Sinha  - 

"Deewani hoke Haseena, 

Khaayi kya Dhokhe Haseena,

Aao Tum bhi Aaj Sunlo"

And Yes, this hasn't been shown on ITV. I couldn't follow EBP after initial days so no clue how that resolved the issue.

Edited by SONIA441 - 2 years ago
Rein123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I think he is going to emerge as the male Maya Mehrotra in this show.

Sanjanas thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rein123

I think he is going to emerge as the male Maya Mehrotra in this show.

Hahahaha Maya was LIT (I have a girl crush on Jennifer since eternity!!) but Maya in her weird ways loved Arjun! Vikrant doesn't even love Deepika....he just wants to own her!

Grao10 thumbnail

It is true that Vikrant is a handsome master charmer but in his characterization, there have been several red flags which an intelligent, self reliant woman would have caught on, would have noticed. Unfortunately, Deepika did not. Very likely, she herself is a product of a very traditional, patriarchal upbringing and in a lot of ways, has had guilt about abandoning her man  and her parents. She hasnā€™t fully evolved into a truly emancipated woman herself. Almost all of us in the audience were able to notice Vikrantā€™s manipulations and Deepika did not? Surprising. She hasnā€™t outgrown her own conditioning and guilt. And is enjoying her domesticity, and pandering to a very obviously manipulative abusive partner. Probably, in her mind, the only wrong she is doing is being attracted to a married man. Beyond that, she does not see his subtle control, his regressive machinations. For me, Deepika has turned out a very mediocre, very run of the mill character. Sia, Abhay, Wasim, and Piroz are so much more interesting, with multiple dimensions! Sia has faced a break up and is handling it without destroying herself. Deepika, in a lot of ways, has remained where she was 10 years ago. Very easily, with barely any effort, her resolve broke down and she compromised her professional and personal ethics. How do you explain that? A lesser woman, with not as much education and independence, could have been manipulated so easily. You do not expect that that of a woman of Deepikaā€™s stature! That continues to be a problem for me. There are many flaws in her own character that made her an easy prey to a man like Vijrant. And I do wish they had shown a truly evolved woman, who rose to where she is on her own, not a wimpy Deepika, throwing flirtatious longing glances at Vikrant.