Isolate and Abuse.....

Sanjanas thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

is the line I'll use to sum up today's episode. Today's episode was a 101 lesson in How a manipulator works. Hats off to the creatives...they have studied narcissistic behavioral patterns and have beautifully woven it into the story. Like in reality, you can hardly spot a narcissist at first and the victim is usually the last to find out, many times when he/ she is completely trapped! Similarly the show slowly (through flashbacks) introduces you to Vikrant. At first he just seems like spoilt, entitled male kid in our society who is impulsive and has made wrong decisions. Then comes the vulnerable, broken Vikrant who is guilty of his deeds and seeks forgiveness. But as time passes by, the mask starts wearing off and you see the real Vikrant Saxena - the Abuser! An abuser doesn't always just have one prey which makes me think if he is playing the same game on Aditti as well - else why would she make such one-sided attempts to salvage this marriage?

The coming episodes are going to be hard to watch - especially from Deepika's point of view but its nice to see a show finally breaking down narcissistic patterns and how abusers go about creating it. Its a great way to create awareness and help spot these people in your life!

P.S. I am lovingggg Vikrant's character.....this space isn't explored well in ITV and i really dig these well etched out grey characters. This is a well researched character and brilliantly executed. A narcissist is one who puts you in a dilemma: is evil but you can't escape falling for/ controlled by him and Rohit Purohit gets that exact emotion out of you :):)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

A4Anjie thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

I jumped off my couch when vikrant said it twice to PC so politely and kindly ... making sure..PC heard him  👏 - that deepika helped him to recover so fast !!!!!!!!!!!!!

And acted in front of deepika that....oh .. he did take her name unknowingly.

He trapped dr sinha perfectly in... one more time!

I wish to kiss writers hands for this one - NEVER EVER watched this sharp character sketch !!!!!!!!!!!

Writers / creatives did amazing job !

I really wish - deepika got the jolt she needed to come on reality ! 

After PC explained that....you think you helped vikrant just out of humanity to help your friend, what you think is not true always !

PC really wishes well for dr sinha, he is true 'Guru' 👏

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Beautifully penned by you, dear! 👏

All supreme qualities of Vikrant which you’ve described well.. are the reason why Deepika should not end up with him in the end of this story or show! 

Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

the much needed post is here!

SONIA441 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I would like to appreciate how you broke down the points here clearly about how a Master Manipulator works

While most folks have been obsessed about who Deepika ends up with, this part is more important to understand how even the most logically sane person gets entrapped in the webs created by these minds.

Also, ITV had few other shows where these issues were massively shown & explained - just to give few Examples - 

Dil Se Di Dua - Saubhagyavati Bhava ( Karanvir Bohra can make one quake in their boots).

IPKKND2 EBP - Aastha's Father-in-Law. 

Also, the new Serial that's gonna start soon on Sony - it seems Vijayendra is gonna play a similar role as Rohit is doing here. I think the name is Mohh Se Chhal Kijo under SSP Banner.

Serenity_me thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Bang on post....👍🏼

We really have to appreciate the writer who created this character and Rohit for perfectly portraying and emoting different shades of emotions . 

Can it be a possibility of him having bipolar disorder ? this hint was given in yesterday's episode and focus suddenly shifting to mental health issues. Vikrant is displaying all the symptoms😆 and the moment people start sympathizing him, he does something unexpected beyond your imagination.

Anuprerna_fan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Serenity_me

Bang on post....👍🏼

We really have to appreciate the writer who created this character and Rohit for perfectly portraying and emoting different shades of emotions . 

Can it be a possibility of him having bipolar disorder ? this hint was given in yesterday's episode and focus suddenly shifting to mental health issues. Vikrant is displaying all the symptoms😆 and the moment people start sympathizing him, he does something unexpected beyond your imagination.

Awesome imagination by you..

Sanjanas thumbnail

Originally posted by: SONIA441

I would like to appreciate how you broke down the points here clearly about how a Master Manipulator works

While most folks have been obsessed about who Deepika ends up with, this part is more important to understand how even the most logically sane person gets entrapped in the webs created by these minds.

Also, ITV had few other shows where these issues were massively shown & explained - just to give few Examples - 

Dil Se Di Dua - Saubhagyavati Bhava ( Karanvir Bohra can make one quake in their boots).

IPKKND2 EBP - Aastha's Father-in-Law. 

Also, the new Serial that's gonna start soon on Sony - it seems Vijayendra is gonna play a similar role as Rohit is doing here. I think the name is Mohh Se Chhal Kijo under SSP Banner.

This what you said my friend is what distinguishes Dhadkan from the other shows you mentioned :) I have only followed Dil Se Di Dua (Landmark performance by KVB after his Prem in Kasauti!) and seen the promo of the latest Sony show - in both the victim is a naive, docile, a lil under-confident girl but here we have a confident, rational, self sufficient and successful person falling prey and totally losing her marbles - highlighting the strength of narcissists and their manipulation techniques! Maybe I am overtly invested in this show and over-analyzing it (😛) but you can also perceive it as Deepika being the "traditional" prey 10 years ago - else why did a stud like Vikrant date the class's Plain Jane (Her demeanor was so different back then)? Narcissists do spot their preys well and go after them, their conversations over the past days do indicate that he controlled her during the dating days (she ate what he liked, etc as she was insecure of losing him). But what this show depicts is the after math: Most people go through a lot of self work post an abusive relationship and still struggle to heal emotionally. Even the wiser, stronger and more mature version of you cannot combat your abuser years later as this is their game and they are the master at this one - your only way out is to ignore!

Additionally the treatment in Dhadkan is very nuanced and "clinical" - pun not intended 😃, different to these other shows where its simplified for mass viewership and the audience is given an insight into the evilness from the beginning itself (either through voice overs or separate scenes) but Dhadkan unravels Vikrant over time (just like how a narcissist does). This delusion created has a significant portion of the audience shipping Vipika as well and the revelation hits you like a jolt, no different to how it hits the victim. This is something supremely mature for ITV and I have personally not seen personality disorders handled this way.

Sanjanas thumbnail

Originally posted by: Serenity_me

Bang on post....👍🏼

Highly doubt it but i think the link between both these disorders is promoting therapy and raising awareness about personality disorders. Both bipolar and narcissism don't have a cure per say but therapy can help.

Sanjanas thumbnail

P.S. Thanks guys for all the kind words...this forum is too sweet :):):)