Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Why sunny deol govinda, suniel shetty failed to reinvent themselves

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Like Akshay Kumar? I think unlike akshay kumar, sunny deol or suniel had limited character look. Akshay could carry boy next door and look innocent because of his appearance he could look macho and look babyface in other roles. I just could not see sunny deol doing comedy role or romantic role without looking innocent, or audience wouldn't of approve a tough angry man suddenly playing a joker it just wouldn't fit his personality and image. Same with suniel shetty, although suniel did try to change it. Govinda who I feel did not fit into new generation movies and also looked outdated but feel he possessed the talent to play serious roles and dramatic roles but he overdosed himself with too much david dhawan film that sudden change would of been an immense struggle. 

Coming onto akshay kumar, Man has survived for more than 3 decade now and went through transformation from action star in 90s to comedy star late 2000s then to serious actor (patriotic film as we call it) and tasted mega success both box office wise and critical acclaim as well as winning his first best actor awards in the main awards like filmfare and national award. When actors like Sunny Deol, Govinda, Suniel Shetty failed to reinvent themselves and stayed in the same image, this man achieved in reinventing himself.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Festival thumbnail

When did they even invent? ðŸ˜†

Well it can't be denied that Akshay is a smart businessman. He was the first to realize that patriotic movies were the new big trend and jumped on it. I'm rather sick of him now but I guess the audience loves his half assed patriotic movies.

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Sunny Deol and Suniel Shetty were limited actors.  Suniel was not even a Superstar in 90s. Sunny was still a crowd puller till 2003 but was also quite old to make a comeback after that. 

Govinda never tried to reinvent himself. He could've tried other genres and reduced his weight. But instead he took a break from Bollywood to join politics when he was struggling in his career.

When he returned after years, both audience and the industry had moved on.

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Sunil Shetty is very underrated