Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aishwaria thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I guess i have already written about twilight. Another book i read over the summer was 'Breaking the rules' by Barbara Taylor Bradford. It was part of the series of 'Woman of a Substance'. Apparently the series has had 30 bestselling years so i had some expectations from the book but it was a BIG disappointment. It seemed like an Indian soap opera.
princessmithai thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hands down TWILIGHT Edited by princessmithai - 13 years ago
-Candy- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Twilight's 4th book Breaking Dawnn....i hatee dis book like hell....i read all the prts nd found dis one soo boring nd too bloody....i swear vampires nd werewolved wuld rock if stephenie meyer had NOT spoilt dem !! *no offence*
iwantitall thumbnail
I think For me it was Dan Browns 'The Lost Symbol'. Ok so maybe the book wasn't as bad as you all are contemplating after reading this, and don't take my opinion seriously over the book. But with the whole place around me buzzing about the book, and the amazing plot and simplicity of the concept, i had expected so much more. I was ready for something as good as Angels & Demons, but the book was clearly disappointing, since the whole thing was so repetitive. It was good no doubt, un-put-down-able for some too! But it was just the same old thing all over again. So i was pretty much disappointed with the storyline.  
iwantitall thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Candy-

Twilight's 4th book Breaking Dawnn....i hatee dis book like hell....i read all the prts nd found dis one soo boring nd too bloody....i swear vampires nd werewolved wuld rock if stephenie meyer had NOT spoilt dem !! *no offence*

LOL! I dont know, i found the book, the best one from the series. Somewhere i found stephenie meyer put much more of sense into this book, than any other. It was stretched out to infinite-some, and yet i found it much more interesting as compared to eclipse. :-D
iwantitall thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Sakina-

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown..after his previous works we had all thought this one wud be phenomenal...but...well...

I agree completely, i had such high expectations from that book, and i found myself yawning all through the book. It was the same old concept- Langdon finds hidden syumbols, investigation with some woman, and in the end they suceed- I was expecting something new!
iwantitall thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anhdara13

The number of people who dislike Twilight astounds me, as well as gives me hope. Thank God I'm not the only one! The only reason I completed the series is because I have this issue with leaving something half-way once I've started reading it.

For one thing, I could not stand Meyer's main character. I did not understand how Bella fell in love with Edward, and her 'fleshing' out of these two? Barely done. Edward had his alright moments, but Bella just seemed superficial to me. I really liked the way she wrote her side-characters though. Jake Black, Alice, Rosalie, Jasper and the rest of the pack had more substance in my opinion.

And the whole Jake-imprinting-on-Nessie thing was just disgusting for me. He's in love with the mom than all of a sudden the daughter is his soulmate? It was a disappointment. I expected so much more when my sister told me about this. When everybody was raving about this. Vampire stories usually have an edge to them, this seemed to be lacking it.

Someone mentioned Angels & Demons earlier, I think in page 2. OMG, seriously? It was my favourite of his four books! I haven't read The Lost Symbol yet, but I'm expecting quite a bit. I was disappointed with his Digital Fortress. The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons were excellent, I think.

Love,
Radz

I totally agree, if ever there was a book i could never close once open, its angels and demons. But Radz, if you found digital fortress disappointing, then i think you should not take the risk of trying the lost symbol. Its the worst piece of the cake. You'll end up wondering why you even bothered. 
Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
^^ I've actually already read that. I didn't mind it. Yes it's the same formula as the earlier books, but it was pretty interesting anyways. Maybe because I waited a long time between reading Dan Brown books before reading it. 
-Blossy- thumbnail
i think that the namesake is slightly over-rated although it had its moments

i dunno, the whole Asian American angsty teen thing seemed overwrought to me; I just HATED Gogol... i don't know if it was actual any element of the style or writing... I have always enjoyed Lahiri's aesthetics; just the plot and characters were, to me, whole unsatisfying and unsympathetic, but then, this is the subjectivity of literature

i was forced to read and reveiw it.....

dr.fahmi thumbnail
twilight obviously. i only read first part and i gave up in the middle of new moon. was there any logic to anything in it?? Edward loved bella becoz she smells good and he cannot read her mind(some1 commented "how can he when she has no brain😆"), and bella loved edward because he has a perfect face, he glitters in sun.. great!!! what a love story. there are better fan-fictions than this over-hyped saga