Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

missmhow thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: Pooj@

I have read the above mentioned book - Anything for you ma'am. And I agree it was a bit over hyped, but it was like theek hain yaar, chalta hain read, when you have nothing else to read.

i didnt enjoy it at all maybe bcoz i took the review seriously.iw as exopecting it to be funny and it was nothing but immature stuff .i mean a keep-ur-brain-aside-and-watch movie is better...
-Becky- thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I haven't read the Twilight series myself (nor do I plan to) but from what I have heard, they are a major let down in terms of their hype. 
pomegranate thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

without a doubt twilight. I mean I really like robsten togather but the twilight books are horrid.

Edited by pomegranate - 13 years ago
sourpuss thumbnail
Reading Great Expectations by Charles Dickens for school was the most horrendous thing I had to do. I found he just droned on and on and on and it didn't appeal to me.

But for trashy, it would have to be Twilight, hands-down. Meyer spends WAY too much page space going on about how Edward is so dreamy and 'OMGhedazzlesme' and I had to put it down after every few pages because it was too much fluff. And I like fluff, most of the time. If you extracted all the 'OMGhessohot' bits, you wouldn't be left with much. Apart from that, Edward and Bella are flat and boring, they don't develop over the series (yes, I actually read the entire series...*sighs*), there's hardly any plot, Meyer's writing style is...I'm not even going to bother commenting on her writing style. I did, however, enjoy Jacob and the other vampires and werewolves. They were definitely a lot more entertaining than Bella and Edward. I could probably go on and on about it (heck, I'm even thinking of doing my final-year paper in two years' time on how Twilight cannot be considered decent literature!), but I may wind up with some jootey thrown at me by Twihards, so I'm gonna stop. 😆
thegameison thumbnail
Two States - I had like heard SO MUCH about it and what it turned out to be, was a something absurd and shitty.

I dint like it much and it did not live up to my expectation. =|
-Sakina- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown..after his previous works we had all thought this one wud be phenomenal...but...well...
ManEet_KaSh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Twilight was just a 1 time wonder.
I had read it once, and then after that I got bored out of it..
bubblygurl thumbnail

Originally posted by: utfracks

IMO, Twilight IS the MOST over rated book EVER! At first I thought that maybe the book would be worth the craze, but when I actually read the entire thing, i was like, Gah, THIS is the reason for people's CRAZINESS?

I second you..! 😆
Nida_21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

vidout a doubt it would be twilight for me too ....n for all da above mentioned reasons ... i was soo excited when i got da book n it ws a cmplete let down for mee...i remember i  couldnt get to finish da firet part ....😃...
Quirky thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Twilight and all Chetan Bhagat books....cant believe they r best sellers... I read the first twilight book coz my frnd went nuts over it...didnt bother to read any more...even the movies suck.,..

Worse part of CB books r there is over usage of some bad words...Not worth wasting time and money over these books!

Edited by -SanZ- - 13 years ago