Boney Kapoor's "Relationship" With Zee Studios

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Everyone knows I'm a trivia queen... ☺️

Zee Cinema and Boney Kapoor come together...

So I was looking at who won the awards for Best Debut across the major award shows.

For the males, for 2012 it was Ayushmann Khurrana across the board. Yet at the Zee Cine Awards he was a joint winner with Arjun Kapoor.

Similarly with the female debuts of 2018, it was Sara Ali Khan who won all the awards, except Zee Cine which gave it to Janhvi Kapoor

So now coming to Boney_ji... he has had an "association" with Zee Studios for many years. They have co-produced MANY films with each other, to name a few: Mom (2017), Nerkonda Parvai (2019), It's My Life (2020).

So isn't it quite peculiar that the man (Boney Kapoor) who works very closely with the Zee Company, his kids seem to win awards at their shows, pretty much exclusively.Also, his late wife Sridevi won one of her few awards for the film Mom (Critics Best Actress). Arjun Kapoor welcomes Boney Kapoor on Instagram, says, 'Dad is here to keep  track of all his kids' | People News | Zee News

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail

Zee also shows Kapoor flicks a lot. Including crap like Judaai, Roop ki Rani Choron ka Raja, Hamara Dil aapke paas hai.

I never understood why Judaai was shown so much on Zee Cinema, Zee Tv and new sister channels of Zee like Zee Anmol, Zee Bollywood, Zee Classic, And TV etc.

Judaai specifically is sheer crap but shown more than any other good film of Anil and Sridevi.

Now it makes sense why Anil, Sri, Boney films are shown so much on Zee and its sister channels day after day.

I suspect even Ghai has good relation with Zee because his films are shown almost twice a day, every day on Zee sister channels. 

It pays to have good relations with some channels and govt. Thanks to Amitabh's good relations with Gandhis, his films used to be shown more than any other star on Doordarshan and its sister channels which cemented his popularity further. 

Tetul thumbnail

Taify thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

Zee also shows Kapoor flicks a lot. Including crap like Judaai, Roop ki Rani Choron ka Raja, Hamara Dil aapke paas hai.

I never understood why Judaai was shown so much on Zee Cinema, Zee Tv and new sister channels of Zee like Zee Anmol, Zee Bollywood, Zee Classic, And TV etc.

Judaai specifically is sheer crap but shown more than any other good film of Anil and Sridevi.

Now it makes sense why Anil, Sri, Boney films are shown so much on Zee and its sister channels day after day.

I suspect even Ghai has good relation with Zee because his films are shown almost twice a day, every day on Zee sister channels. 

It pays to have good relations with some channels and govt. Thanks to Amitabh's good relations with Gandhis, his films used to be shown more than any other star on Doordarshan and its sister channels which cemented his popularity further. 

lol.. ever heard of contracts and royalty?

Edited by Taify - 2 years ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Taify

lol.. ever heard of contracts and royalty?

No..everything is about bootlicking, keeping good relations with people in power, granting and taking favours..basically everyone uses everyone..nothing is organic😆

Such a selfish bunch..us humans 

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Subhash ghai amitabh boney jeetendra sunny deol dharmendra all are bhakts so u will find their movies running many times since zee is also a staunch supporter of present goi 😆

Festival thumbnail

I loved Judaai. She sells her husband smiley16

atominis thumbnail

All producers have contracts with channels they sell rights of their films to. But not everyone gets their films shown multiple times. 

And please do not tell me a pure garbage film like Benaam Badshah can be shown SO many times on TV despite its vulgar subject and lack of success when it released. It is probably the shittiest film I have ever seen from a commercial star. But it shows many times on TV thanks to Anil Kapoor. 

I can understand if films which are big hits like HAHK show many times on TV. Or some cult classics like AAA, Swades despite lack of BO success. But why would anyone keep airing garbage like Benaam Badshah? 

For that matter Zee has really good relations with Ramsay Brothers also (thanks to Zee Horror Show that Ramsay Bros made for them) which is why their proper garbage horror films are shown even in day time on Zee Cinema. 

atominis thumbnail

Judaai is the weirdest film I ever saw. Imagine going on hunger strike to force husband to marry another woman just because she is ready to pay you Rs2 crore. 🤣

Anil and Sridevi really stooped low with that ghatiya film. 

I found Kader Khan character the worst in that film. Which dad is so keen to get his daughter's husband remarried to another woman just for his daughter to get 2 crore rupees? First time saw an FIL push his SIL to marry while his own daughter is still alive. 

Crazy film. 

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: oyebollywood

Subhash ghai amitabh boney jeetendra sunny deol dharmendra all are bhakts so u will find their movies running many times since zee is also a staunch supporter of present goi 😆

How are these two "bhakts" lmao, one's wife is literally a rajya sabha member from an opposition party and the other one's relatives frequently bash pretty much everything the BJP does 🤣

Edited by Anjalika01 - 2 years ago