Ranveer on Deepika being a bigger star: I am too secure in my skin

magginoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Ranveer Singh on Deepika Padukone being a bigger star: Have always been happy for her as I am too secure in my skin

Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh along with wifey Deepika Padukone is currently basking in the success of ‘83’. Time and again, the stars have delivered massive hits be it by sharing the screen space together or individually. Recently, Ranveer Singh opened up on being a secure actor despite Deepika Padukone being a bigger star.

In an interview with a news portal, Ranveer Singh said that he is the happiest when wife Deepika Padukone achieves a milestone. While answering a question about Deepika’s old comment on how Ranveer is very secure in his skin, the actor said, he feels good when people tell him that he let the other actor shine.

“That’s just who I am. I can’t be any other way. I have always been this secure person. I feel very happy for my wife when she achieves. There’s nobody prouder than me”. Ranveer told the Film Companion. Meanwhile on the work front, Ranveer Singh will next be seen in Rohit Shetty’s ‘Cirkus’.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/ranveer-singh-on-deepika-padukone-being-a-bigger-star-have-always-been-happy-for-her-as-i-am-too-secure-in-my-skin/articleshow/88550169.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh along with wifey Deepika Padukone is currently basking in the success of ‘83’.

🤣

Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail

LMFAO - These two husband-wife duo, such jokers! 😆

atominis thumbnail

To be fair Ranveer, till now, has not shown signs of insecurity that his wife is a bigger star than him and belongs to a more famous family. Nor has Deepika cut down on her work post marriage or announced retirement or announced to do films and ads only with her husband.

Otherwise earlier there was an unwritten rule that actresses gave up work after marriage or did films, ads, public appearances only with husband or tried to downplay their success and fame.

Deepika has not changed her name after marriage either, which is good.

She is still ambitious, has a hyperactive PR and has not slowed down after marriage which implies she has lot of support from her husband, in laws and natal family. Good for her and Ranveer. 

Ranveer does not need to be insecure either as he has more years left for him to still explore opportunities as male lead in Bollywood and is a talented actor with hits behind him. He is not a flop starkid basking in wife's reflected glory that he should feel insecure.

magginoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Bhag ke bechara kaha jayega?

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

I stopped reading after “success of 83”. 

Shuruaat hi jhooth se ki hai toh aage bhi jhooth hi hoga.

Edited by Mishh007 - 2 years ago
bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Phir Se, Minion?? 

At least spare him for some time so that he can bask in the glory of the success of 83 (as per the article,  not me)  a little more.😆

Tum bhi...  U are such a party popper!!!😡

TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: bashful_moon

Phir Se, Minion?? 

At least spare him for some time so that he can bask in the glory of the success of 83 (as per the article,  not me)  a little more.😆

Tum bhi...  U are such a party popper!!!😡

I'm just worried about him... I won't rest until my worry goes away... which may happen when he shows up in another atrocious costume...

In the meantime, we all know who is the party-pooper for poor Ranveer...

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: atominis

To be fair Ranveer, till now, has not shown signs of insecurity that his wife is a bigger star than him and belongs to a more famous family. Nor has Deepika cut down on her work post marriage or announced retirement or announced to do films and ads only with her husband.

Otherwise earlier there was an unwritten rule that actresses gave up work after marriage or did films, ads, public appearances only with husband or tried to downplay their success and fame.

Deepika has not changed her name after marriage either, which is good.

She is still ambitious, has a hyperactive PR and has not slowed down after marriage which implies she has lot of support from her husband, in laws and natal family. Good for her and Ranveer. 

Ranveer does not need to be insecure either as he has more years left for him to still explore opportunities as male lead in Bollywood and is a talented actor with hits behind him. He is not a flop starkid basking in wife's reflected glory that he should feel insecure.

That happened only with Bhagyashree 30 years back....which other popular actress did that??😕

atominis thumbnail

Karishma, Raveena, Sonali, Preity etc disappeared after marriage. Asin announced she will not do films after marriage. Shilpa has rarely worked in films after marriage. 

For some time from 1999 onwards, even Kajol had begun to do more films with Ajay only and ads with only him. She made exception for only Karan Johar and Chopras due to old friendship with them to do K3G and Fanaa. Kajol has become more comfortable to be in limelight only after Ajay's career began to do better with Legend of Bhagat Singh, Omkara, Singham, Golmaal series, Tanhaji. When Ajay had a bad phase from 1999 she did try to slightly downplay her own superstardom for a while.

Aishwarya has cut down her work in recent years and still downplays own stature to make Abhishek look less of a failure in comparison to her. 

In past Zeenat  Amaan downplayed her stardom a lot and left her career to assuage ego of her husband Mazhar Khan who failed to make a mark as a main lead in films and TV. Jaya also left films after marriage to Amitabh and still never says a word on how she was more successful than him when they got married.  

Sharmila, Hema Malini, Raakhee, Shabana, to some extent Nutan, Madhuri, Kareena, Vidya, Rani, Juhi, Deepika, PC and Anushka are the only few handful ones who continued to work after marriage/kids and did not let go of opportunities or step into background or did extra work/appearances with husbands to make sure hubby does not feel left out. 

And if we talk of older era then almost every actress left films after marriage.