Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hello_kitta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Will theses bollywoodyia ever work opposite any xl size actors or cast them as a main lead in a regular movie?

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Hello_kitta

Will theses bollywoodyia ever work opposite any xl size actors or cast them as a main lead in a regular movie?

like akki kumar + kajol + kangana + ajay D 

NotAMuggle thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Obesity is a health problem, not just a superficial aesthetic concern. If left unchecked, it can lead to high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, breathing problems, heart disease,  stroke....what not! 

I can't believe they are making a movie to promote the idea that gulping down junk foods & drinking sugary sodas are "cool" & there's no need to pay any attention to body weight 🤦🏻 Fat shaming is bad but so is pretending excess fat is okay, so keep stuffing in empty calories without a care 🤔

God knows what are these people thinking🥱

Edited by NotAMuggle - 2 years ago
Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: NotAMuggle

Obesity is a health problem, not just a superficial aesthetic concern. If left unchecked, it can lead to high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, breathing problems, heart disease,  stroke....what not! 

I can't believe they are making a movie to promote the idea that gulping down junk foods & drinking sugary sodas are "cool" & there's no need to pay any attention to body weight 🤦🏻 Fat shaming is bad but so is pretending excess fat is okay, so keep stuffing in empty calories without a care 🤔

Yeah, people who fat-shame others are mainly concerned about their health. 🤔 Y'know, I called the fat kid a fat pig because I was sooo concerned about his health. 

NotAMuggle thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahisa_22

Yeah, people who fat-shame others are mainly concerned about their health. 🤔 Y'know, I called the fat kid a fat pig because I was sooo concerned about his health. 

Don't read too much in between the lines & twist everything. I did say fat shaming is bad. I am not supporting fat shaming or justifying it 

I was talking about the way this teaser has represented the idea of being fat by showing them munching on burgers & sipping on sodas pretending that it's cool. In the end scene, Huma is gobbling down a burger & Sonakshi is sipping on cold drinks & they are laughing over it. That IS bad! Viewers, mostly the ones who are suffering from obesity & were trying to control it, might get the idea that it's okay to not cut down on junks, it's okay to eat unhealthy stuffs since who cares whether I get fat! I was talking about the probability of passing off such a dangerous message.

Edited by NotAMuggle - 2 years ago
Festival thumbnail

It's good that they have chosen actresses who are fat in real life to portray these characters. But I wish these two knew acting. They could have chosen Rani and Vidya for these roles. 

Festival thumbnail

Don't read too much in between the lines & twist everything. I did say fat shaming is bad. I am not supporting fat shaming or justifying it 

I was talking about the way this teaser has represented the idea of being fat by showing them munching on burgers & sipping on sodas pretending that it's cool. In the end scene, Huma is gobbling down a burger & Sonakshi is sipping on cold drinks & they are laughing over it. That IS bad! Viewers, mostly the ones who are suffering from obesity & were trying to control it, might get the idea that it's okay to not cut down on junks, it's okay to eat unhealthy stuffs since who cares whether I get fat! I was talking about the probability of passing off such a dangerous message.

Yeah. 

They are promoting the idea "Let's get fat and fulfill our dreams". 

NotAMuggle thumbnail

Originally posted by: Festival

Yeah. 

They are promoting the idea "Let's get fat and fulfill our dreams". 

Looked more like a...."yeah....we are fat. But who cares? Let's have some more junk foods" to me 🤦🏻

The initial part, addressing the fat shaming / name calling issue was good....but they lost it by showing them giggling over burger & cold drinks. 

(Strictly my opinion though 😊)

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Some plus-size persons are healthier than some skinny people.

Also being seize doesn't necessarily mean their health is at risk. No every plus-size people are morbidly obese.