Users

Frequent Posters

WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Lovely pics.. but I thought paheli haldi hoti hai phir mehendi 😂

Also, I don’t know if bride and groom have their haldi ceremonies together 😆

In ours, it’s done separately for both and not how they’re doing it. But I am not a punjabi so I don’t know if they have it like this.

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

I was hoping he would give me goosebumps but he didn’t.

Infact Jim playing Malik Kafur was so good! He was the one that actually seemed so scary... He played terrorist in Neerja too. He is really good.

The SLB effects, cinematography and music were awesome as usual but acting wise, was a huge let down.

Jim is a superior actor who did the role full justice. I don't remember him in Neerja but I DO remember him from Sanju. Even when he's playing a good guy, he looks suspect to me. 😆

The movie all in all was a letdown for a lot of reasons.....starting with Deepika cuz the movie was about HER more than anyone else. She didn't command the role AT ALL and it looked like others were performing far better, with her as the weakest link instead. Not a good look on her acting skills. It's almost like people have already accepted subpar performances from her as the norm and she wins accolades just for moving her facial muscles a bit more than usual. Dialogues always come out flat regardless.

I didn't mind Ranveer's role that much cuz I was pretty creeped out by Khilji and Shahid, while he did his bit, was badly miscast. 

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: magginoodles

Deepika's poor dialogue delivery ruins all her films.

but she was good in cocktail., yjhd, piku, ce

ram Leela she was good but after that she got overlooked for ranveer by slb

Edited by nonam - 2 years ago

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

Vicky-Kat ki shaadi mein bhi DeepVeer aaye, bina invite ke #PowerCouple😆

yeah, that was the whole point of silent crashing she pulled on insta ... gotta give Deepika her dues.  😎

Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3

Yeah, Ranveer was so horribly OTT as Khilji. All principal characters sucked in it, even the usually reliable Shahid- all except Jim who was menacing as ever.

Also to answer a previous poster, I really don't think Salman cares- he is on cordial terms with Katrina and if things had turned that ugly between them, he wouldn't keep casting her in his films. Even after she broke up with Ranbir, she remained friends with Salman, without dating him. That doesn't really spell trauma or fear on her part but real trust between 2 exes turned friends.

Ranbir probably was a little upset, I would be. Totally normal after a 6-year long relationship, when one person ties the knot first, even though they broke up a while back.

Joannna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahisa_22

Bold: That may be true when we look at specific examples, but it cannot be generalized. Look at Raveena, Madhuri and Juhi's husbands. All rich and highly reliable till now. Look at the Ambanis. Look at Kareena. She has a husband who was divorced with two kids. She's over the moon and content in her life. 

You cannot judge everyone with two or three examples. Not every divorced celebrity is Karishma's husband. 

If somebody has a bad marriage and divorced as a result, then how is it their fault? Let me say it again, we cannot judge people like objects no matter what. If I say, "XYZ man is so lucky he got a fresh, firsthand wife and not some done and dusted woman" then it will sound extremely offensive and uncivil, right? Well, same goes for a man. 

Also, going through the motions or being excited during rituals does not really matter in a marriage. That's a very juvenile argument. What matters is how the marriage turns out later. Does not matter whether the groom is jumping like an excited pony during the rituals or not. 

And yes, it is an insult when you say, "she's so lucky she got someone firsthand." It makes divorced people sound like less exciting options. And that's insulting. If someone is a known abuser, then avoid him. But don't paint all divorcees with one brush. 

Being divorced is nothing to be ashamed of. Lets get rid of this outdated mindset. Shaming divorcees does a lot of harm to society, especially women. It's not only about political correctness. It's about being a civil and better evolved society. 

Calling any human being second or third-hand is insensitive and crass, period. I rest my case. 

Well said !👏🏼

What terminology is “fresh” ? Just coz one person is divorced doesn’t make them second hand  ! What ages are we living in ?.
Katrina herself has been in live in relationships which are similar to marriage except it’s not on paper ! Does that make her second hand ????🙄

Sometimes relationships and marriages don’t work out and people split but that doesn’t mean that they didn’t love each other at some point!

Edited by Joannna - 2 years ago
atominis thumbnail

I am not mocking divorced women here. Anyway fans of divorced, over age stars with 2 kids are bound to feel riled up.

It is good today's actresses have broken stereotype that actresses marry only married men or are homewreckers. 

Just because Hema or Sridevi types did it, it does nor mean all actresses are same.

I am glad Katrina does not have to deal with a disloyal or abusive spouse like Karisma Kapur had to. Nor worry about being accepted by Vicky's kids from a former marriage. Vicky is as excited for wedding as Kat and is not going through the motions. Katrina has no extra baggage to deal with. Good for her. 

atominis thumbnail

Madhuri's husband is not a divorced man with 2 kids nor are Ambani couples like this. So your examples do not hold water.

Hema, Sridevi, Meena Kumari got flak all the time for being in love with previously married men or got branded as homewreckers.

Katrina, Deepika, Anushka, Madhuri do not have such baggage.

You can say what you want for political correctness but in real life people still prefer to marry someone single rather than a person with previous several failed marriages and kids from previous marriages. 

Not everyone can handle striking balance or take spouse's friendship or relation with their first spouse or manage to forge good relationship with spouse's kids from former marriage. That is a huge responsibility which not everyone can shoulder without being seen as a villain or compared to previous spouse.

In celeb world especially, it is easy to have multiple divorces and marriages unlike for commoners. 

What did Vani and Sarika gain after marrying a man like Kamal? What did Reena and Kiran gain after marrying a man like Aamir? What did Karisma gain after marrying a man like Sanjay Kapur? 

Their husbands are filthy rich men who easily move on to new pastures and leave kids and wife from previous marriages. 

It does not matter how 'offensive' it sounds. If truth sounds bitter then so be it. 

I am glad Katrina, Deepika, Anushka married young men, closer to their age and not serial divorcees and child abandoners. 

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: cts22

They were in a live in relationship and I am guessing they were pretty close to getting married he did take her to the Kapoor parties plus Kareena calling her bhabhi, bit yes she was done with him and you could see that very clearly in Jagga Jasoos promotion, she came across very dignified and RK was making a fool of himself and quite horrid bit post that she was quite mature with both RK and Alia. To be honest I think that is why she has been able to the top and sustain it. She walks away no mur slinging

Jagga Jasoos promotions were such nightmare yikes! If I would be in Kat's place..I would have broken down in the front of the camera..but she was very strong I must say.  Hated RK for being like so mean to her! He was to Kat what DP was to him LOL😆😵😵😵😵🤢

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: WhiteNights.

Also, I don’t know if bride and groom have their haldi ceremonies together 😆

In ours, it’s done separately for both and not how they’re doing it. But I am not a punjabi so I don’t know if they have it like this.

I'm a punjabi, its not down together but some do it together for more fun. Also, all ceremonies are at the hotel and not at home so...

But what's the point of putting mehndi before Haldi. Mehndi is typically the night/evening before the wedding day