Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Bleh.

All 90s stars are busy working with much younger girls.

Given the fallout Ash had with Khans I do not think they will ever work again.

I sometimes wonder how Khans are so 'together' despite faking rivalry.

I mean all 3 of them got Ash removed from films in 2000s. SRK got her out of KANK, Chalte chalte, Veer Zaara. Aamir removed her from the Rising, Salman damaged her career like none else.

I am surprised the other Khans removed her from their films just because of her issues with Salman. 

Akshay will even work with any new teenage debutante rather than a 90s actress. His heroines keep getting younger and younger. 

Originally posted by: atominis

Bleh.

All 90s stars are busy working with much younger girls.

Given the fallout Ash had with Khans I do not think they will ever work again.

I sometimes wonder how Khans are so 'together' despite faking rivalry.

I mean all 3 of them got Ash removed from films in 2000s. SRK got her out of KANK, Chalte chalte, Veer Zaara. Aamir removed her from the Rising, Salman damaged her career like none else.

I am surprised the other Khans removed her from their films just because of her issues with Salman. 

Akshay will even work with any new teenage debutante rather than a 90s actress. His heroines keep getting younger and younger. 

Sadly the audience seems fine with letting old men romance young actresses (Salman and Akshay are especially since they even seem to be going for 2010s actresses). I think its creepy and would prefer them with Rani or Aish & co. 

I know about Aish's issues with the Khans, Salman really dragged her down in the 2000s. She would have been the Nr.1 actress otherwise

atominis thumbnail

I sometimes wonder if Khans are just a clever team? And keep veneer of rivalry to keep media and public talking?

All 3 of them getting Ash out of their films at same time reeks of 'bro code' and supporting  each other to gang up against one woman.

Audience is hopeless IMO. I recently saw someone say Alia has begun to look old. Huh? Khans, Akki, HR are okay but Alia lools old? 

Actress is judged way too harshly compared to actors who get free pass all the time despite looking like grandpas the way Rajinikanth does but still acts opposite girls of daughter's age. 

Originally posted by: atominis

I sometimes wonder if Khans are just a clever team? And keep veneer of rivalry to keep media and public talking?

All 3 of them getting Ash out of their films at same time reeks of 'bro code' and supporting  each other to gang up against one woman.

Audience is hopeless IMO. I recently saw someone say Alia has begun to look old. Huh? Khans, Akki, HR are okay but Alia lools old? 

Actress is judged way too harshly compared to actors who get free pass all the time despite looking like grandpas the way Rajinikanth does but still acts opposite girls of daughter's age. 

Well SRK and Aish actually started to shoot for Chalte Chalte but Salman constantly disrupted shooting (he and Aishwarya had problems) and was annoying everyone with the drama so SRK got rid of her & got Rani instead. 

Kind of a dick move but at the same time he needed a solid hit ASAP because PDHH & Asoka flopped. Not sure why Aamir also got rid of her though

Anyway yeah actresses are judged too harshly. I would rather see older actresses back than the current ones tbh

Edited by Journey95 - 2 years ago
atominis thumbnail

I sense bro code in Aamir removing Ash from The Rising as well at same time.

Today's actresses are okay. They all look alike with similar figure, faces, hairstyles. Never look the part.

I watched Mimi and Lukka Chhupi and wondered how urban Kriti looks even in films set in villages and small towns. She never fit in those small town girl roles at all.

Had it been an older era actress she would fit in like a glove the way Rani aced small town girl in Bunty Aur Babli. 

priya185 thumbnail

this thread is super entertaining 

aish has films in the pipeline but her main focus is her daughter

Originally posted by: priya185

this thread is super entertaining 

aish has films in the pipeline but her main focus is her daughter

Hope those movies are better than her last comeback movies..

Joannna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ash obviously will be getting film offers and OTT too I’m sure . She is not accepting any. 

I think Ash has given up coz she knows she’s a bigger name than AB . So as to let him shine in the limelight she has taken a complete backseat except for 1 Mani ratnam movie . 
Her daughter isn’t a baby , she’s now 10. So obviously Ash is not required to baby sit her . 

Shame coz there will never be another beauty like Aishwarya Rai ! 🤩

Originally posted by: Joannna

Ash obviously will be getting film offers and OTT too I’m sure . She is not accepting any. 

I think Ash has given up coz she knows she’s a bigger name than AB . So as to let him shine in the limelight she has taken a complete backseat except for 1 Mani ratnam movie . 
Her daughter isn’t a baby , she’s now 10. So obviously Ash is not required to baby sit her . 

Shame coz there will never be another beauty like Aishwarya Rai ! 🤩

Agreed, honestly she deserves better and wasted too many years in the mid 2000s and then again taking a break after 2010 (her comeback movies later on were sadly not good either). 

And since Bollywood doesn't really have good roles for older actresses (unlike older actors) there aren't really many opportunities for her now.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: magginoodles

Well, Abhishek recently said that Aishwarya has decided to become a stay at home wife to raise Aaradhya so that he can work. So we don't know if she's receiving offers or not.

They can’t afford  a babysitter ?