Aishwarya told Abhishek: 'You go act, I'll take care of Aaradhya'

magginoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

“A lot of what I am as an actor post marriage is due to Aishwarya. One is the practical, logistic side of it. To know that my wife is with Aaradhya is a huge, emotional weight that if lifted, from many parents' mind. She has allowed me, and I say allowed cause that's what it is -- she's given me permission and allowed (and said), 'You go act, I'll take care of Aaradhya.' So you go out, you get the liberty to perform freely and it's a fact. The countless amount of mothers that do this with their husbands, and you have to be thankful. They have every right to say, 'Come, show in the responsibility 50-50.' So from that perspective,” Abhishek said, speaking with RJ Siddharth Kannan. 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/abhishek-bachchan-says-aishwarya-rai-allowed-him-to-work-said-you-go-act-i-ll-take-care-of-aaradhya-101638533456384.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

magginoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

People say she is being stopped by the Bachchan in-laws from working, but it looks like she doesn't want to work.

YourCat thumbnail

Gave me permission and allowed? Dil dhadakne do dialogue 😆

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I wish it was the other way around. Ash has more potential (and more income potential) than Abhishek 

Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I wish it was the other way around. Ash has more potential (and more income potential) than Abhishek 

Had same thoughts when I was reading the article.😆

Edited by Binge - 2 years ago
TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8

Obviously, she can’t act to save her life. She tried to go and act and we got the masterpiece Jazbaa…

SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Yes i am guessing 😉

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Ash, “ You go act. Kabhi toh ghar se baahar nikal. Kuchh toh karo. Kab tak main aaru ko baahar ghumaati rahungi. Kisi din hum bhi toh ghar mein baithein.”

atominis thumbnail

It is not about acting. Aishwarya is not even doing ads anymore. She is out of Kalyan Jewellers ad now. 

She may have given up acting because Jazbaa, Fanney Khan, Sarabjit etc did do well anyway and she may no longer be getting the kind of roles and fee she expected for herself. 

But why she is entirely out of public life altogether now? She is seen nowhere except at Cannes each year. 

Anyway it should have been other way round, considering no one is interested to watch her husband act. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: atominis

It is not about acting. Aishwarya is not even doing ads anymore. She is out of Kalyan Jewellers ad now. 

She may have given up acting because Jazbaa, Fanney Khan, Sarabjit etc did do well anyway and she may no longer be getting the kind of roles and fee she expected for herself. 

But why she is entirely out of public life altogether now? She is seen nowhere except at Cannes each year. 

Anyway it should have been other way round, considering no one is interested to watch her husband act. 

Those films weren’t going to do her any good. But there’s a lot of other roles she could’ve done that could do wonders. Her problem is that she has no idea what her strengths are. She’s had more “iconic” performances than Abhishek and has more potential than him. Now there’s OTT too, so she has lots of options

Look at Tyra Banks for example, when she retired from being a supermodel, she started her own reality show Americas Next Top Model. And she’s still relevant today as a host on some other show.

Aishwarya can’t even run an Instagram account properly. Her profile is awful. She could’ve had a better career post 2011. Even Lara Dutta has done well for herself she had that role in Bell Bottom and some OTT show. Sushmita Sen was written off and forgotten - but she bounced back with her web show Aarya and even won best OTT actress at Filmfare OTT awards. Sadly Ash is just not smart or doesn’t care - either way it’s sad