Aur kehna meri ho - part 2

YASHO1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

"Jab raat andheri ho, Subah mai deri ho,

Tum suraj banjana, aur kehna meri ho."

Finally, could write out the next chapter. Took a lot of time. This will have a second part, as soon as I can. Let me know what you think of the story. Does it seem realistic and something you would like to read?

Thanks!

Sona had reached home later the next afternoon, just off of a 48 hours shift but still buzzing with the kiss that she and Dev had shared last night. Just like that, a seemingly ordinary night had given her one of the most beautiful moments of her life. 

She had lunch with her family, sharing regular hospital talk while leaving out the more intimate details of her night. Soon afterwards, she rushed upstairs with the excuse of needing to sleep off her tiredness. Well, it wasn't completely false. She did need to sleep. But even more pressing currently, was the need for solitude - in her room - to process their first step towards intimacy. 

She now stood directly in front of the mirror, facing herself. "Eta ki chilo, Sona?", she asked herself smiling softly. Even with the hours that had passed, she could still remember the kiss as if Dev had just been here minutes ago. The memory of it was visceral; his lips moving against hers, her hands moving over his hard-soft chest, his hands brushing over her waist and stomach and the shivers that ran through her. The urgent need to kiss him unlike she had ever known before, was also still fresh in her mind. 

The memories flooding through her caused her to grip the dressing table chair, probably in a vain effort to control her racing mind. Somewhere beneath all the adrenaline and butterflies, were more sombre thoughts that so far she had successfully kept out of her immediate mind. But in the safety of her room now, they came rushing forth. 

If they do this, what next? As breathtaking she was sure it would be, it would only make being apart that much harder. The problem still stood right where it was anyways. His mother. She was worried about consequences. 

Flashback

Sona had woken up feeling unusually optimistic that day. For those few hours in the morning - before she had met Dev that day - she had been just content with her life, as is. She hadn't felt the need for anything else. 

"Good morning Baba, goood morning maa!!", she had hugged them both as she came down, all ready for the day. Her parents had smiled at seeing their daughter so visibly happy. 

Flashback ends

It was probably that the thought that she had been almost ready to tell her parents about her relationship, that had made her energetic and bubbly. Of course, she never got around to it. Everything changed that day. 

This sombre reminder punctured her mood sufficiently for her to roughly throw her dupatta on her bed, and head for a long shower. Later in the afternoon, as she lay on her bed, she allowed herself to bring forth the painful memories of that fateful day.

Flashback

That afternoon, Dev had asked her to meet him at their coffee place. His voice had sounded not quite right, but Sona had given it no thought then. Dev had met her that day in his dark wine shirt and black pants, which wierdly enough had complemented his serious mood. She had sensed something was wrong as soon as she layed eyes on Dec that day. 

Trying her best to hold on to her optimism, she had smiled at him and allowed herself to be enveloped in the warm open hug he was offering. He loved her, that was never in question. 

Once they were seated and the waiter had left two steaming cups of coffee at the table, Dev had spoken. He had held her hands in his, and conveyed the jist of the conversation he had had last night with his mother. 

"Maine bol diya ma ko ki mai tumse pyar karta hu, Sonakshi." His confession had left her mouth wide open, and she had just been about to tease him for being so brave in love. But before she could so that, he had spoken again. 

"Unhone mana kar diya, matlab kuch kaha nahi padh mai samajh gaya ki unhe humara pyar, yeh rishta, kabhi manzoor nahi hoga". He had still not met her eyes. 

By then, Sona had stopped following Dev's words. What was he trying to say? What did he mean mana kar diya? She was not an expensive toy that a dotting mother would deny her son in fear of spoiling him. She and Dev were adults. Surely, Dev had the right to choose his relationships? To love?

Out loud though, Sona had only exclaimed "What?" She had just begun to withdraw her hand from his when he shifted forward gripping her hands even tighter. He had more to say. 

"Par mai tumse pyar karta hu, Sonakshi. I love you. I can't leave you!". Perhaps the same words he had bit his tongue from saying last night to his mother, but words nonetheless as true as the breath filling his lungs.

"I don't understand Dev!". This was becoming really confusing to comprehend. "Kya kaha aunty ji ne? Kya problem hai, Dev? Kya mai baat karu unse?, she rushed, and in the end only one question was left, "Will you leave me, Dev?". She had dreaded the answer, but it needed to be asked.

"No!", he answered promptly. More than relief at that statement, Sona was surprised that Dev would ever willingly go against his mother's expressed wish. Would he really do that for her? Would she want him to? Her face must have betrayed her surprise because Dev started to speak again. 

"Mai na tumhe chhor sakta hu aur na ma ko dukh pohocha sakta hu"; he was in pain. A fisted hand slammed the table, hot teara filled his eyes. Half-heartedly composing himself, he spoke again. "Isliye...isliye maine Tina aur Bunty se baat ki. Actually Bunty se baat ki thi pehle but usne kaha hi shayad Tina meri madad kar payegi."

Hearing Tina's name had been somewhat reassuring because Sonakshi regarded her as one of the most mature and level headed people in Dev's life. But she was confused. What did Tina have to do with all this? She was still not following Dev.

"Dev, please saaf saaf kaho tum kya bol rahe ho", said Sona, her patience waning. 

"Sonakshi undono ne kaha ki sirf ek hi rasta hai. Ma ko manana hoga. But aise hi unke dukh na pohuche...which will take time, and...and therapy?", Dev spoke hesitantly, the last words curling up to form a question.

Sona's slight nod encouraged him to speak further. "Matlab, unka manna hai ki meri ma ke aur mere rishte mai kuch problems hai. It's not natural...for her to do this. Abh mujhe toh koi problems nahi dikhti, but I trust them. Aur usse bhi zyada I trust you isliye mai tumhare paas aya hu, Sona. Tumhe kya lagta hai Sona? Will therapy help?

Mujhe toh yeh bhi nahi pata hi isme hota kya hai. Byas Tina ne itna samjhaya ki isme doctors mann ki uljhane suljhate hai. Do you think it will be right Sona? Mai buss tumhe nahi kho sakta. Baki mujhe kuch bhi karna padhe mai tayyar hu!!", Dev finished breathlessly and with a pensive look on his face. 

"Dev, Dev, calm down. I love you for trying to stand up for yourself and our love. And I think, they are right. Tumne aur aunty ji ne jo din dekhe hai, it's bound to leave some trauma behind. Exactly what's wrong I cannot say, but mujhe lagta hai therapy might held your relationship with your mother, which would directly inpact ours.", Sona spoke with teara in her eyes, sliding up her hands to hold his arms in a reassuring gesture.

"I trust you", was all Dev said as he nodded at Dev's words. "Phir mai aaj hi Dr. Sharma se iss baare mai baat karta hu. Office ka heavy workload kuchdin Vicky sambhal lega. Aur ma ko bhi iske liye manana padega. But till then...", at this point Dev stopped, hesitated, and looked away. 

"Till then...hume alag ho jana chahiye Sonakshi. Otherwise it would be unfair to you and hurtful for ma. Give me some time, but I promise mai tumhare paas laut ke ayunga. I will never leave you.", he said with teary conviction, trying to convince Sona to trust and wait for him.

Sona realised that she had been crying as well, as soon as Dev had looked up to meet her eyes. The words she had dreaded had been spoken. Would they come out of this still in love, unscathed? There was no where to know? Will she risk het heart, anyways? Damn, yes. 

When she had walked away that day - wordlessly, for there was nothing else to say at the moment - she had desperately hoped that this hadn't been the last moment they had shared.

Flashback ends

To be continued..

Edited by YASHO1997 - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

them2d thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Love this! So well written, and so relevant. Ishwari and Dev need therapy more than anyone really, so glad that's coming up as a point of contention