MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

Are there any fellow fans of Rani’s performance in Talaash ? 

I just saw the film again and I thought it was an incredible one , so heart breaking and real 😭

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hichki

Are there any fellow fans of Rani’s performance in Talaash ? 

I just saw the film again and I thought it was an incredible one , so heart breaking and real 😭

She kept her performance grounded and low-key. Makes sense as she was recovering from depression and learning to move on. Her husband was distancing himself from her. Rani's performance was a counterfoil to Kareena's flamboyant Rosie. Unfortunately she didn't get her due. Instead of standing shoulder to shoulder with Kareena's character, her character was sidelined a little.

Palak_Paneer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Loved her the most in the movie.She potrayed the grief so well💔

She played her role well, was subtle yet impactful. I credit her bz she is great actress anyways n her role was written well as story was gripping too.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

She was so so good..the entire cast was just fabulous.

She had aaiya just before that and the range she showed in these 2 movies back to back..one totally OTT and dramebaaz and another so subtle and low-key..she excelled in both..

The scene in which she reads a letter from her dead son..her hands tremble and she is shocked and also happy..and she had no dialogues but she displayed all that with just her eyes..just superb! 

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

An excellent performance from Rani. Slightly underrated too. Rani was on FIRE from 2011 to 2014. Her short in Bombay Talkies was also spectacular.

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

She was so so good..the entire cast was just fabulous.

She had aaiya just before that and the range she showed in these 2 movies back to back..one totally OTT and dramebaaz and another so subtle and low-key..she excelled in both..

The scene in which she reads a letter from her dead son..her hands tremble and she is shocked and also happy..and she had no dialogues but she displayed all that with just her eyes..just superb! 

It reminds me of 2004 - 2005 time when she showed similar range. From playing an abused housewife in an unglamorous role in Yuva to a modern glamorous woman in Hum Tum, to a fiery lawyer n Veer-Zaara (where she wasn't paired opposite the main star and had no song or dance to perform), to the deaf-dumb-blind girl in Black to the bubbly ott Bunti aur Babli ... she did them in less than 2 years time.

I can't take it seriously when people say she isn't versatile or hasn't played diverse characters.

Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Rani stole the show.

Not just her performance, I feel the whole film is underrated and never got its due. At that point, Indian critics weren't used to supernatural thrillers/neo-noir films.

Even today, despite the twist ending, it has repeat value and stands the test of time.

It's one of the best Bollywood films of the last decade. Stellar performances, great drama, a well-written film.

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SaayaOfKaaya

Rani stole the show.

Not just her performance, I feel the whole film is underrated and never got its due. At that point, Indian critics weren't used to supernatural thrillers/neo-noir films.

Even today, despite the twist ending, it has repeat value and stands the test of time.

It's one of the best Bollywood films of the last decade. Stellar performances, great drama, a well-written film.

Agree. This movie was brilliant. Even when rewatching, it gives me goosebumps

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Rani was amazing but I guess from her, it's expected from her. Kareena was unexpectedly good so stole the limelight😆