Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: desigal90

my entire family, extended family and all our family friends are vaccinated. We're socializing and back to our normal life now. We don't have to be stuck at home because of these interventions. So far a few of us have booster; hasnt been 6 months since last dose for some family members so they can't get their boosters. 

Good same is the case in my family. And I never said getting vaccines or vaccinated people are the issue.  

But the way this thing is being dealt with of only vaccinated being allowed to getting back in society and creating divide in society is the real problem. 

If the vaccinated person has immunity what is the problem with hanging out eith unvaccinated person? Why are they being shunted out of society?

YourCat thumbnail

For certain countries where majority population have vaccinated, they have stopped reporting the daily numbers even though it is high, because if 95%+ population are vaccinated, and them allowed to go out, the people getting covid will be definitely be among vaccinated people but yea they stopped reporting the numbers...

Anyway their cheap poor quality vaccine works only for 6 months, my supplication to God so far is better than their vaccine, all lockdown, delta variants, high cases time, whatever came, gone, I was going out as usual to crowded places, restaurants, malls, hospitals, and it protected me from Covid, Grateful to God for His protection, indeed He is the only protector.. Now be prepared for at least 2 times a year for these poor shitty quality vaccine.. 

And not to say they way they are promoting the vaccines, and so proud of taking the vaccines is as if vaccines are a miracle cure for covid 

Edited by Lalakhun1 - 2 years ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Are boosters compulsory for Pfizer..in India we don't hear any news about boosters..2 doses and u r fully vaccinated.

Hope its gonna be n annual exercise. I don't take the flu shots too..my kid got 2 till he turned two and then his doc said its just a suggestion ..not mandatory.

cold n flu virus r constantly mutating..we all have been living with seasonal cold, cough, flu since years and there r meds..if we take vaccines for all what will happen to our natural or acquired immunity?

Covid vaccine is understandable..it took a toll on health and economy of the world..everyone suffered in some way.. whether they got infected with the virus or not. 

Also it's highly contagious and vaccine was the only way to control the spread.

Having said that...vaccine should not be mandated. Creating awareness is the only way..don't think it can be forced

v_nakshara thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: desigal90

Please walk through any ICU in the states. Thank you. 

Also check the number of people who are having severe side effects. Doctors are dismissing people when they are saying they are suffering from adverse reactions.

Here in Australia, doctors and nurses have been threatened not to say anything against the vaccines otherwise they will lose their license. People who are suffering severe side effects are still not being given exemptions from having the 2nd dose. Millions of people have been mandated here to take the vaccine otherwise they lose their jobs. This is pure coercion and not a choice. 

I’m not against the vaccine but people should have a choice whether to have it or not. Most of my relatives have already have it but some of them are suffering severe side effects and some of them already dead. People who want to wait for more data to be available then they shouldn’t be labelled as anti-vaxxers. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: The_Best

Being vaccinated doesn’t prevent it from spreading it to others or being covid positive. So elderly and serverly immune compromised are at risk of covid with both vaccinated or unvaccinated people.

Being vaccinated significantly prevents the risk of spreading the virus. 

Even if you drive cautiously, you might get into an accident, most likely from someone not as cautious. You're comparing cautious drivers to people speeding at 100 mph weaving through traffic. 

All the covid positive patients we had at my urgent care were vaccinated.

Urgent care is not ER or hospital. 

But still, I'd like to know the county or region so I can verify. 

And how is vaccine not mandated? All emergency workers like health care, etc workers are forced to get it.

Certain industries have always had different standards or else you cannot work there. Anyone entering a healthcare profession knows that they have higher standards of caution. Healthcare professionals wore masks and practiced rigorous handwashing even before the pandemic. 

Now businesses with 100+ employees and next they are coming after small businesses else pay huge fines and being shut down. 

It's not that hard to enforce. And people still have a choice to get vaxxed or tested. 

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

"Covid-19: Researcher blows the whistle on data integrity issues in Pfizer’s vaccine trial | The BMJ" https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2635?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=hootsuite&utm_content=sme&utm_campaign=usage

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail

Originally posted by: niyati13

Are boosters compulsory for Pfizer..in India we don't hear any news about boosters..2 doses and u r fully vaccinated.

Hope its gonna be n annual exercise. I don't take the flu shots too..my kid got 2 till he turned two and then his doc said its just a suggestion ..not mandatory.

cold n flu virus r constantly mutating..we all have been living with seasonal cold, cough, flu since years and there r meds..if we take vaccines for all what will happen to our natural or acquired immunity?

Covid vaccine is understandable..it took a toll on health and economy of the world..everyone suffered in some way.. whether they got infected with the virus or not. 

Also it's highly contagious and vaccine was the only way to control the spread.

Having said that...vaccine should not be mandated. Creating awareness is the only way..don't think it can be forced

In my country they are going for the third shot for the elderly 

In Israel theybare goin for the fourth shot with Pfizer 

The CEO of Pfizer said that himself in April that people would need more than 2 doses of the vaccine

Originally posted by: Maraka_Musso89

A vaccine development takes between10 ton15 years. The quickest vaccine being developed before COVID was the Ebola one which took 5 years.

Vaccine development can take 1-15 years. You have to remember. 

- COVID vaccine development was fast tracked

- mRNA technology was discovered as far back as 1978 and scientists have been working on it

- Coronaviruses have been around for decades. Many flu strains are coronaviruses and vaccinate against coronavirus. So research professionals have been studying and developing vaccines for coronaviruses for years. COVID-19 was a novel coronavirus which means that this specific coronavirus was brand new. So we weren't starting from scratch per se. 

Originally posted by: Maraka_Musso89

This right here, I don't get vaccine shot for the flu so why am I being forced to get it for COVID when the virus mutates?

Boosters have been offered but not mandated. 

Smallpox, polio, measles vaccines are required in many places. But Hepatitis, HPV, and meningitis shots are not. 

You need chickenpox vaccination for the majority of school districts. But shingles vaccine is a choice for adults. 

Whenever there is a public health risk due to the choices people make, the requirements get stricter. The public health risk is so extremely high due to COVID that the strictness is more than usual. As science goes further the strictness will slacken. We can look at the history of prior pandemics and see that flow. We don't live on an island. We are part of society with social responsibility to others. Every now and then being a member of society means doing things as a responsible citizen that may not be desirable or comfortable to you. 

And vaccines will always be a choice. No one is going to wrestle you to the floor and give you a shot. You get a choice to be vaccinated or be homeschooled. You get a choice to be vaccinated or forgo immigration or travel to regions that require specific vaccines. Anyone who got a green card to the USA has had to get a health exam and be up to date on shots. 

Originally posted by: v_nakshara

Millions of people have been mandated here to take the vaccine otherwise they lose their jobs. This is pure coercion and not a choice. 

Millions of people have been mandated here to take the vaccine or submit weekly COVID test results otherwise they lose their jobs. This is what it means to be a part of society, we all have to do our part to care for ourselves and others

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Vaccine development can take 1-15 years. You have to remember. 

- COVID vaccine development was fast tracked

- mRNA technology was discovered as far back as 1978 and scientists have been working on it

- Coronaviruses have been around for decades. Many flu strains are coronaviruses and vaccinate against coronavirus. So research professionals have been studying and developing vaccines for coronaviruses for years. COVID-19 was a novel coronavirus which means that this specific coronavirus was brand new. So we weren't starting from scratch per se. 

Boosters have been offered but not mandated. 

Smallpox, polio, measles vaccines are required in many places. But Hepatitis, HPV, and meningitis shots are not. 

You need chickenpox vaccination for the majority of school districts. But shingles vaccine is a choice for adults. 

Whenever there is a public health risk due to the choices people make, the requirements get stricter. The public health risk is so extremely high due to COVID that the strictness is more than usual. As science goes further the strictness will slacken. We can look at the history of prior pandemics and see that flow. We don't live on an island. We are part of society with social responsibility to others. Every now and then being a member of society means doing things as a responsible citizen that may not be desirable or comfortable to you. 

And vaccines will always be a choice. No one is going to wrestle you to the floor and give you a shot. You get a choice to be vaccinated or be homeschooled. You get a choice to be vaccinated or forgo immigration or travel to regions that require specific vaccines. Anyone who got a green card to the USA has had to get a health exam and be up to date on shots. 

It's not a choice in my country as if you don't do it then you can't go to some places or have to take unpaid leave...

I don't trust a vaccine that was developed as quickly as they didn't take the time to do the studies. Like I said previously a whistleblower said that Pfizer blind testing wasn't properly done. This kind of this will happen if you are in a race.

They just wanted to put their vaccine on the market first as to be able to set the prices they wanted. They sold a vaccine that was still in phase 3 so they weren't aware of all the side effects and those like us who did it at the time are considered willing participant in the study by default and if something goes wrong they won't be held liable.