Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

Thousands of workers, in various fields, including healthcare are quitting over vaccine mandate

They're opting to get fired, rather than take the vaccine

Edited by BettyA1 - 2 years ago
TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

You'd think someone whose brother is HIV + would know better. 

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Good riddance. If you can't follow public health recommendations and mandates that have undergone FDA approval then stay at home. Don't put the rest of us at risk. Since when did people think they know better than physicians? Physicians were the FIRST to get vaccinated. You think we'd recommend something dangerous if we ourselves got it? We were the first in line. 

BlackWitch thumbnail

Are you a physician? If so, I am curious to know your opinion on the point that the vaccine is for oneself and not for the people around you. It protects the person taking it from serious effects of COVID 19, but it does not stop that person from passing on the virus to anyone else. 

We were on this topic with friends yesterday, so looking forward to a professional opinion :)

Originally posted by: desigal90

Good riddance. If you can't follow public health recommendations and mandates that have undergone FDA approval then stay at home. Don't put the rest of us at risk. Since when did people think they know better than physicians? Physicians were the FIRST to get vaccinated. You think we'd recommend something dangerous if we ourselves got it? We were the first in line. 

mango.chutney thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

🤢 This is hard to see because when I was in nursing school we had to get so many other vaccines. I just find it weird that many nurses especially are opting out of getting the covid vaccine but had to get hep b and others to go to school. I can only speak about the US though.

Also, yes, it doesn't get rid of covid or stop you from getting it, but it will lessen the effects of it. I hear they are working or have an antidote that clears it up (as long as you are in a 3 day window of getting covid). 

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: BlackWitch

Are you a physician? If so, I am curious to know your opinion on the point that the vaccine is for oneself and not for the people around you. It protects the person taking it from serious effects of COVID 19, but it does not stop that person from passing on the virus to anyone else. 

We were on this topic with friends yesterday, so looking forward to a professional opinion :)

There aren't any specific studies that that have studied the affectiveness of the vaccine from spreading it to others. There was this study was that misrepresented and misinterpreted in the press regarding viral loads in vaccinated being higher than unvaccinated and since then has been debunked.

The idea is vaccines decrease risk if you getting the virus and also decrease mortality if you do get it. So by that logic, if you're decreasing risk of getting the virus, that transmission risk in community is less overall. It's similar to how California with high vaccine areas have the lowest rates of Covid 19. Decreased infection rates in areas protects everyone.

Edited by desigal90 - 2 years ago