Rewind and Review - Episode 77

mallukumari thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Episode 77 Rewind and Review Discussion Starts here!

Let's relive SAAKK Season 1 together from the beginning, as we manifest a Season 2 together!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mallukumari thumbnail

Shaurya Sabherwal has fallen for Anokhi Bhalla and has no clue what to do about it!

It's amusing to see Shaurya loiter around giving instructions and waiting for Anokhi to show up for the exam. He is also living in his lover boy mind that his professor brain is on vacation! Shaurya is so distracted and restless that as soon as Anokhi shows up, it's like air returned to his lungs. Beautiful song selection once again.

Kisi shaam ki tarah, Tera rang hai khila

Main raat ek tanha, Tu chand sa milla

Haan tujhe dekhta raha, Kissi khwab ki tarah

Jo ab samne hai tu, Ho kaise yakeen bhala

Toota jo kabhi tara, Sajna ve

Tujhe rab se maanga

Rab se jo maanga, Mileya ve

Tu mileya toh, Jaane na doonga main

Haan maine suni hai, Pariyon ki kahani

Waisa thi noor tera, Chehra hai tera roohani

Aa tujhko main apni, Baahon mein chupa loon

Haan apni iss zameen ko, Kar doon main aasmani

Zindagi rok doon main, Ab tere samne

Pal do pal jo ruke, Tu mere saath main

He continues to be affected by her indifference towards him. He can't handle her ignoring him. He uses any excuse to go near her desk and craves her attention. It was nice to see the send off the other students gave Shaurya. The way he said "sabki taraf se" and got happy. šŸ˜ŠAs Shaurya leaves SIAC, all his memories are of Anokhi. It's interesting that as he drives off, the cheating scandal begins. It's like he was a talisman in her life!

Side notes:

~ I don't like Ahir's interrogation technique. 

~ The whole cheating scandal had so many people involved and yet at its resolution, no one was punished except for Ms. Biwanker. I support Anokhi in her righteousness, but it's sad to see how each time she stands up for someone, she loses out. She's the bad person for standing up for Aastha, Babli, and later Priyanka. It's because she doesn't understand the world and doesn't work smart like those against her. 

~ This scandal was unnecessary. Anokhi was leaving anyways. Alok made it worse with the scandal that forced Shaurya involvement. Without knowing, Alok and the twins brought ShaKhi together, first with ragging, then kidnapping, and now rustication!

~ This show had some timeline flubs. The exams reached SH to Devi before the students had even left class. 

Nidhi14 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Very cute episode as far as Shaurya and Anokhi are concerned. Copy case was madness. The 2 sisters never get punished.

Edited by Nidhi14 - 2 years ago
saakkabc thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Ssā€™s impatience to see Anokhiā€™s presence in college has reached a level where he is making up all excuses like a child for not going to Patiala and also skipping breakfast with family. 

His disappointment when he looks at her vacant seat, peeking out just to check if she is there, his continuous stare at her seat, mind preoccupied with her thoughts instead of the students questionsā€¦all symptoms of a heart in love. The music matched his racing thoughts and then slowed down just like his mind calmed down seeing her in the classroom. 

She is hell bent on ignoring him given the crap treatment she received from him and him breaking into a slight laugh to cover it up..  and going to her desk and tapping on her desk, indirectly talking to her by taking Reemaā€™s name and ignoring others questions..  our professor Saab is in complete lover boy mode. His beaming smile when Reema says ā€˜hum sabke taraf seā€™ā€¦ once again an excuse to go near Anokhi and dear Anokhi moving away from the seat royally ignoring him and him stealing looks.. whoever has written this scene must say they have done a brilliant job and kv and Deba they just gave life to these scenes by  the small nuances. One final look before leaving the room and she turning awayā€¦ she could sense that he would  look at her?? and he is disheartened( did he expect her to look into his eyes after all that has happened?)

Anokhi the righteous person she is can never leave a situation/anyone that she thinks is unfair. Unfortunately she lands up in trouble for the same.

Itā€™s utterly disgusting to see how blatantly Mrs Bhiwankar lied that Anokhi cheated. And Alok looking for a perfect opportunity did take advantage of the situation to gain back his parchaijiā€™s trust in him. The less said the better..

So Ss can only think of Anokhi as part of his memory from Siac? How can he not understand what this feeling is?

**Whoever chose the songs for this serial have done a perfect job as they all are so apt that they fit the situation to the T. Iā€™m in awe of all the songsā€¦

black.snowflake thumbnail

Originally posted by: mallukumari

I was about to write the exact same thing, now i am wondering, should i write one? šŸ˜† My thoughts are exactly the same on this episode.

Shaurya Sabherwal has fallen for Anokhi Bhalla and has no clue what to do about it!

It's amusing to see Shaurya loiter around giving instructions and waiting for Anokhi to show up for the exam. He is also living in his lover boy mind that his professor brain is on vacation! Shaurya is so distracted and restless that as soon as Anokhi shows up, it's like air returned to his lungs. Beautiful song selection once again.

And yet, he has a hard time figuring this out. Sometimes i do wonder does it not seem that he is in a constant state of panic when is not around her? Her validation is so important to him and why? Just love or the fact that he feels that she is the better human being?

Kisi shaam ki tarah, Tera rang hai khila

Main raat ek tanha, Tu chand sa milla

Haan tujhe dekhta raha, Kissi khwab ki tarah

Jo ab samne hai tu, Ho kaise yakeen bhala

Toota jo kabhi tara, Sajna ve

Tujhe rab se maanga

Rab se jo maanga, Mileya ve

Tu mileya toh, Jaane na doonga main

Haan maine suni hai, Pariyon ki kahani

Waisa thi noor tera, Chehra hai tera roohani

Aa tujhko main apni, Baahon mein chupa loon

Haan apni iss zameen ko, Kar doon main aasmani

Zindagi rok doon main, Ab tere samne

Pal do pal jo ruke, Tu mere saath main

The songs, the lyrics and the uneasinessā¤ļø

He continues to be affected by her indifference towards him. He can't handle her ignoring him. He uses any excuse to go near her desk and craves her attention. It was nice to see the send off the other students gave Shaurya. The way he said "sabki taraf se" and got happy. šŸ˜ŠAs Shaurya leaves SIAC, all his memories are of Anokhi. It's interesting that as he drives off, the cheating scandal begins. It's like he was a talisman in her life!

He wants to matter to her. ALOT. He never mattered to the people who were supposed to protect. So he wants to matter to people he loves. Hence the constant validation from the Sab family. But she is the 1st person he has loved outside his family and loved the most. So any attention that she throws at him, he takes. And yes, as soon as he left, trouble hit her. The show spent a lot of time setting up this premise that he saves her without her knowing, so yes, it definitely feels that way.

Side notes:

~ I don't like Ahir's interrogation technique. 

~ The whole cheating scandal had so many people involved and yet at its resolution, no one was punished except for Ms. Biwanker. I support Anokhi in her righteousness, but it's sad to see how each time she stands up for someone, she loses out. She's the bad person for standing up for Aastha, Babli, and later Priyanka. It's because she doesn't understand the world and doesn't work smart like those against her. She is very unique in her outlook. Sometimes rigid, sometimes understanding. Her rebel heart has a lot of goodness and that lands her in trouble always. Because righteousness is important to her. 

~ This scandal was unnecessary. Anokhi was leaving anyways. Alok made it worse with the scandal that forced Shaurya involvement. Without knowing, Alok and the twins brought ShaKhi together, first with ragging, then kidnapping, and now rustication! The circle of life, this is it!

~ This show had some timeline flubs. The exams reached SH to Devi before the students had even left class. SO MANY TIMES!!!!...i dont know why the editing issues and timeline issues were always cropping up. Sometimes it was very starkly evident.

What struck me about this episode was Shaurya's uneasiness. His urge to go to college just to see Anokhi. His wait in the class. His disappointment on not finding her. He is lost. Gone is the arrogant professor. He is replaced by a boy in love, unsure, scared and anxious. She walks in like an angel (Deba looked gorgeous in white!) and all he wants is for her to look at him, just once. An ounce of her attention. (Boy oh boy, how the tables have turned!) He goes to her, finds excuses and she refuses to give in! So he takes what he can get.."a gift from ALL of them". I actually loved that till the end Anokhi did not look at him. And again while leaving, he remembers her. Baggage of feelings? At least he is acknowledging some part of it.

The song during that scene is so beautiful. It captures the essence of the feelings.

Anokhi, tries to do the right thing and ends up in a mess. This is because she expects the world to be fair and just like her. Her breakdown at the end is heartbreaking. she has finally had enough. She is done with this college, this city and these horrible people. I can completely feel her emotions! (What beautiful acting by Deba!). Shaurya left and its like the world breaks down upon her. ( this happens again in the future)

Why is it so easy for alok to pull this? Dont private institutions have safety nets in place that such blatant abuse of power does not take place? She was already leaving, shaan told the family so why do this now? Also, I am tired of Kitty and Bebo. I wish for once they had learned some lesson because those girls really need it. And I feel they overdo it with the college students most times, students do not usually crowd around student and call them names but i guess the dramatic effect was required.

Originally posted by: black.snowflake

What struck me about this episode was Shaurya's uneasiness. His urge to go to college just to see Anokhi. His wait in the class. His disappointment on not finding her. He is lost. Gone is the arrogant professor. He is replaced by a boy in love, unsure, scared and anxious. She walks in like an angel (Deba looked gorgeous in white!) and all he wants is for her to look at him, just once. An ounce of her attention. (Boy oh boy, how the tables have turned!) He goes to her, finds excuses and she refuses to give in! So he takes what he can get.."a gift from ALL of them". I actually loved that till the end Anokhi did not look at him. And again while leaving, he remembers her. Baggage of feelings? At least he is acknowledging some part of it.

The song during that scene is so beautiful. It captures the essence of the feelings.

Anokhi, tries to do the right thing and ends up in a mess. This is because she expects the world to be fair and just like her. Her breakdown at the end is heartbreaking. she has finally had enough. She is done with this college, this city and these horrible people. I can completely feel her emotions! (What beautiful acting by Deba!). Shaurya left and its like the world breaks down upon her. ( this happens again in the future)

Why is it so easy for alok to pull this? Dont private institutions have safety nets in place that such blatant abuse of power does not take place? She was already leaving, shaan told the family so why do this now? Also, I am tired of Kitty and Bebo. I wish for once they had learned some lesson because those girls really need it. And I feel they overdo it with the college students most times, students do not usually crowd around student and call them names but i guess the dramatic effect was required.

Forgot the tags...again..

mallukumari thumbnail

me in green

Originally posted by: black.snowflake

I like your summary of this. What a little love will do to an arrogant man! I'm not sure if he needed to get all the bitterness out in the library to discover the care underneath or not. I hate his tactic, but I'm glad he's slowly succumbing to his feelings. I love this rewatch because I have no anxiety regarding the episodes since we know the path already. It's nice to sit back and pick up on the little things I missed the first time around. And to watch it one episode at a time instead of skipping around like I usually do. I love the editing of the scene because we can feel his restlessness in his actions and also the thoughts that we hear. 

The break was inevitable. It's like Chandigarh decided to put obstacle after obstacle in front of her. But it is interesting that it's Shaurya's words that had the power to actually break her and make her feel hopeless. If not for the library incident, I fully believe Anokhi would have fought this cheating scandal just like ragging. 

I think ragging was handled unfairly but made more sense than the cheating. The Sabherwals don't' like inquiries apparently. SIAC is a Tej dictatorship. As long as they can convince him of the bad guy, he'll kick them out.

He wants to matter to her. ALOT. He never mattered to the people who were supposed to protect. So he wants to matter to people he loves. Hence the constant validation from the Sab family. But she is the 1st person he has loved outside his family and loved the most. So any attention that she throws at him, he takes. And yes, as soon as he left, trouble hit her. The show spent a lot of time setting up this premise that he saves her without her knowing, so yes, it definitely feels that way.

Even though I was really really annoyed with Shaurya through these episodes, I still liked seeing his restlessness when it came to Anokhi. It was like same-same but different. He does everything to maintain an image in front of his family so that they are proud and continue to love him. But with Aastha and Anokhi, I've always felt that he shows his true self and craves their approval. So unlike others who love the fake Shaurya, he always wanted real love from his mother and Anokhi, so he showed his bitter, angry, good hearted, and impulsive self to them. 

I love the line about 'any attention that she throws at him, he takes'. It's sad but true. He really does crave someone 100% for himself!

I'm glad you wrote your review. We're on the same wavelength but I like reading how you organize your thoughts. 

Edited by mallukumari - 2 years ago

Originally posted by: saakkabc

Ssā€™s impatience to see Anokhiā€™s presence in college has reached a level where he is making up all excuses like a child for not going to Patiala and also skipping breakfast with family. 

His disappointment when he looks at her vacant seat, peeking out just to check if she is there, his continuous stare at her seat, mind preoccupied with her thoughts instead of the students questionsā€¦all symptoms of a heart in love. The music matched his racing thoughts and then slowed down just like his mind calmed down seeing her in the classroom. 

She is hell bent on ignoring him given the crap treatment she received from him and him breaking into a slight laugh to cover it up..  and going to her desk and tapping on her desk, indirectly talking to her by taking Reemaā€™s name and ignoring others questions..  our professor Saab is in complete lover boy mode. His beaming smile when Reema says ā€˜hum sabke taraf seā€™ā€¦ once again an excuse to go near Anokhi and dear Anokhi moving away from the seat royally ignoring him and him stealing looks.. whoever has written this scene must say they have done a brilliant job and kv and Deba they just gave life to these scenes by  the small nuances. One final look before leaving the room and she turning awayā€¦ she could sense that he would  look at her?? and he is disheartened( did he expect her to look into his eyes after all that has happened?)

Anokhi the righteous person she is can never leave a situation/anyone that she thinks is unfair. Unfortunately she lands up in trouble for the same.

Itā€™s utterly disgusting to see how blatantly Mrs Bhiwankar lied that Anokhi cheated. And Alok looking for a perfect opportunity did take advantage of the situation to gain back his parchaijiā€™s trust in him. The less said the better..

So Ss can only think of Anokhi as part of his memory from Siac? How can he not understand what this feeling is?

**Whoever chose the songs for this serial have done a perfect job as they all are so apt that they fit the situation to the T. Iā€™m in awe of all the songsā€¦

I agree, this scene was so beautifully written. Like i could feel shaurya's anxiousness all the time. Plus even i felt that Anokhi knew he was looking at him and still chose to ensure that he did not catch a glimpse of her.

Also, he has invested so much time in raising the bar at SIAC and in the end only Anokhi he could remember. Just how deep do his feelings run at this moment?

kiranpri thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Has it ever happened that when watching a movie you start putting yourself in the place of one of the protagonists.

Lately I have been putting myself in the shoes of Shaurya.

In the library I felt it was extreme anger and jealousy at play. But still I am sure he regretted it but his ego will not allow him to acknowledge it yet because for him they were words he has been hearing since always and they are just words.

In todays episode, the fact he refused breakfast in order to see Anokhi is the point when Anokhi is taking precedence over the Sabherwals. I felt sorry for Shaurya because he never grew up. He was asking for permission to go to SIAC.šŸ¤”ā“A grown up man !

It is so obvious he has been manipulated all his life and breaking those chains is not an easy feat. 

In SIAC, his eyes always searching for Anokhi, His need to have one glance of approval from Anokhi, his joy on seeing Anokhi believing she will stay on, his further happiness on hearing the gift was from ALL of them, gave him hope. Until the last minute he waited for one sign from Anokhi.

Anokhi is 100% right in ignoring him. Funny she does not want to have anything to do with him, but is in that class, taking that test, just to prove him something. If he is not important, just leave.

Side note:

1. Devi was up to something with those test papers, fortunately Alok phoned.

2. Reema is a good friend to Anokhi always giving the right advice.

3. Priyanka is in the twins gangšŸ˜².

Sorry for not replying to all posts. Trying to catch up with the episodes.

Edited by kiranpri - 2 years ago