Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Softness thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Rachel Shelley inarguably deserved the best actress award for Lagaan that year. 

Edited by Softness - 2 years ago
Guragan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blood_Sacrifice

Kajol was good in the genre that she was portraying (loud bubbly girl) but it wasn't an award worthy performance. Tabu should have won for Chandni Bar.

That said, K3G is still a more deserving win than her win for MNIK.

You can discuss her award in 2001 for K3G. I would have chosen Tabu instead personnally.

But her award for MNIK is totally deserved. There was no competition that year. Her acting in this movie was really good, especially the 2nd half were she proved that she has talent and diversity in her acting.

Edited by Guragan - 2 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: simplyrdb

Looks like things haven't held and aged well for Kajol as one might have expected. Back then (after the release of the movie) Kajol was seen as the Best Thing/Stand Out Performer of the movie. She was all over SRK (as in domination). It was the same case with One Two Ka Four as well (Juhi/SRK), but it's forgotten. 

Not every actor can stand the test of time. I haven't seen K3G in over a decade so can't say if Kajol's act has aged badly. My response is solely based on the talk post the release. 

Maybe that’s why Kajol is nowhere now 😂 

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Guragan

You can discuss her award in 2001 for K3G. I would have chosen Tabu instead personnally.

But her award for MNIK is totally deserved. There was no competition that year. Her acting in this movie was really good, especially the 2nd half were she proved that she has talent and diversity in her acting.

I found her mediocre throughout the whole of the movie except for the scene where her son dies. In that scene she was terrible and totally deserving of a Razzie award or whatever its equivalent is in Bollywood.

There was no competition that year??? vidya in Ishqiya was there, end of the story. Even Ash in Guzarish was a better choice. Hell, even Kajol's acting in We are Family was miles better. If they wanted to give her a pat-on-the-back win, then We are family would have been a better choice as far as I am concerned.

Edited by Blood_Sacrifice - 2 years ago
snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

dont think it was award worthy nevertheless she was pretty good and entertaining in the movie. she was the life of the movie imo.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: simplyrdb

Looks like things haven't held and aged well for Kajol as one might have expected. Back then (after the release of the movie) Kajol was seen as the Best Thing/Stand Out Performer of the movie. She was all over SRK (as in domination). It was the same case with One Two Ka Four as well (Juhi/SRK), but it's forgotten. 

Not every actor can stand the test of time. I haven't seen K3G in over a decade so can't say if Kajol's act has aged badly. My response is solely based on the talk post the release. 

I agree.

Kajol had proven her acting chops by 2001. It was around 1998-1999 when she was labelled the "numero uno", as she delivered some amazing performances. So for K3G, even though it wasn't some great acting, Kajol won the Filmfare award precisely based on the overall popularity of the film, which was on another level. ☺️

It had everything going for it.👍🏼

-- Big Budget/Production House
-- Amitabh-SRK coming back after Mohabatein,
-- SRK-Kajol Jodi after Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
-- Hrithik-Mania
-- Great Songs
-- Great Locations
-- wholesome entertainment
... and the list goes on and on.👏

Besides, "Poo" (at that time), was considered the most irritating character of the film. Its another thing that it has achieved a cult status now, due to social media.

Kajol's character, on the other hand, was (perceived as) hilarious. She was loud, because she was supposed to be loud. That gamla scene still cracks me up.😆

Edited by diasingh2 - 2 years ago
Taify thumbnail

Kajol was fantastic... loved her.. did it deserve? I do not know. I know that Tabu did get critics award.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Guragan

For me the best performance of 2010 was Kajol in We Are Family but it was completely ignored at all award shows.

Rekha_ji's Top 10 Performances Of 2010: Actresses

1. Kajol - We Are Family

2. Kareena Kapoor - We Are Family

3. Anushka Sharma - Band Baaja Baaraat

4. Kajol - My Name Is Khan

5. Aishwarya Rai - Guzaarish

6. Vidya Balan - Ishqiya

7. Priyanka Chopra - Anjaana Anjaani

8. Deepika Padukone - Lafangey Parindey

9. Aishwarya Rai - Raavan

10. Neetu Singh - Do Dooni Char

BlackWitch thumbnail

Everyone knows Filmfare is a paid award. It’s an open secret. I have worked for the parent company (Times) for over three years. Won’t take anything they organise seriously. It’s just big brands (Times vs Film stars) playing the general public like always.

filmfanatic45 thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

No I think she was supposed to be funny but she ended up being cringey...comedy is so not her forte...Kareena was much better than her!

Agree with Minty mostly, but I think SRK was the weakest link overall.