Lost Without You {AsYa FF} *on hold*

Posted: 2 years ago

Heyyea people! Here's the Character Sketch for my new FF!!

Story Character Sketch

Asad Ahmed Khan

Asad Ahmed Khan is a ruthless businessman, a certified playboy and a guy with a lot of demons. He’s one of those people, who just don’t believe in love! Although he does love his brother and his father, but has had the misfortune to lose his Ammi (more deets later!). Since then, he believes that love only makes one weak and vulnerable,like it did to his father. Asad is a known name among the highest of places and the lowest of streets as well, and been referred to as ‘spawn of the devil’several times. Most women drool at the sight of him and only some ‘get lucky’.Asad of course, doesn’t give a shit. He’s never slept with the same woman twice, and loves it that way (or so he thinks)! He runs an extremely successful company (Dilshad Constructions) which is currently based in New York.

Zoya Farooqui

Zoya Farooqui is an independent woman with a really bubbly and endearing personality. Zoya is also a proud nerd! She is not one to give up easily in a fight, and has all the faith in the world. Her beauty is not one that turns heads, but one that mesmerizes the moment you look at her. Though she never prides herself upon it, because of the scars of her past and hides a lot behind her dimpled smile. She never lets her sadness dampen the day! She has lost her mother and her sister to her snake of a father (again, more deets later!) and sometimes feels really lonely, but her best friends always help her go through! Zoya works in a small graphic design company in New York, and loves her job.

Ayaan Ahmed Khan

Ayaan Ahmed Khan is Asad’s beloved brother and is currently studying in Berkeley University in Boston. He comes to New York during the holidays and every other month to meet his father and brother. He is very much like Asad, yet very different from him as well! He has dated several girls, but he believes strongly in love. He is also a lover of music, and is a fan of a lot of bands!

Gaffur Siddiqui

Gaffur Siddiqui, Zoya’s biological father and a merciless human being. He is a businessman in the black market and has a daughter and a second wife. He has become one of the most powerful and feared men in the dark corners of The Big Apple by laundering and conning many. Gaffur is on par with Asad’s company and is seeking a deal with them.

(kay guys this is just a character sketch so can’t give out a lot of stuff haha)

Tanveer Gaffur Siddiqui

Zoya’s stepsister and Gaffur’s (favoured) second daughter. She is Gaffur’s daughter by and by. Tanveer has been infatuated by Asad and his power, and her parents have eyes for his money too. She works at Dilshad Constructions as Asad's PA, but she still extracts money ruthlessly from Zoya and spends it on her own pleasantries. Unknown to Asad of course.

Razia Gaffur Siddiqui

Razia is Gaffur’s second wife and another being that shouldn’t exist. She too blackmails Zoya to extract money from her and spends it on useless things. She is obsessed with getting Tanveer married to Asad and will do anything in her power to make it so!

(I know I know, Cinderella Story much? Haha! But bear with me guys, it might sound like a Cinderella Story, well it kinda is, but it’s…well, different!)

Rashid Ahmed Khan

Rashid is what you could call, the best dad! He loves his two sons like his life, but also misses Dilshad, his wife, on many occasions. He too believes strongly in love and will support his sons no matter what happens. He is alone in his house most of the time, because he lives alone. Asad had bought him a luxurious apartment which adhered to all his need, except one. Family. So he spends his time cooking, watching football or thinking about Dilshad.

Mitch Robertson (Just imagine Mitch Grassi from Pentatonix)

Mitch is Zoya’s ‘bestest friend in the whole effing world!’ as she likes to call him. He is a nerdy (but still good looking) guy, and is always talking in fandom references. He is openly gay, and is always helping Zoya with her wardrobe and style!

!!! Important Extras !!!

Amir Qureshi

Is one of Asad's most trusted employees, and soon becomes Zoya's friend.

Karen Smith

Is Zoya's 'khadoos' boss, wants to get in Asad's pants and has a brother named Chad.

Chad Smith

Chad is basically an a**hole, and is always looking at Zoya with wrong intentions. 

So that was it guys! The character sketch…

Keep scrolling for the first chapter!!!

Edited by Captain_Crash - 2 years ago

Hey guys! Just a lil’ note before we start, I’ll be naming the chapters based on some of my favorite song lyrics, I’ll be giving you guys more information about the song at the ends of the chapters. You can give it a listen if you like! ;) And I know I've been telling you that this is a 'dark' FF, but it's not COMPLETELY a dark FF. It has a certain balance between light and dark, as you will see when you read. Sorry to all those who came here hoping for something totally dark! My mind doesn't have the capacity to write something like that hah...

Lost Without You

Chapter 1: Here I Am, This Is Me...

“Asad! Dude eat your breakfast before you leave man!” Rashid hollered from the kitchen to a cranky Asad, who had come to visit his father in Manhattan.

“Dad can you please stop talking like that?” He asked scratching his head.

“Like what?”

“Like Ayaan!” Asad said yawning. He hated it when people talked like that. It just made them seem so…’unclassy!’ He came up to the tall kitchen island and sat on a barstool.

“Asad, you…do know what today is right?” Rashid asked,suddenly looking solemn.

“What?” Asad said curtly, taking a bite of his cold omlette and realizing where the topic was heading.

“Asad don’t pretend.” Rashid questioned sternly.

“I KNOW!” Asad suddenly yelled and shoved the plate to the floor, startling Rashid. Asad pressed the bridge of his nose and walked away. 

“I’m sorry.” He muttered before picking up his briefcase and heading out the door.

Rashid stared at the wooden door of the huge apartment that Asad had bought him, somehow it never seemed as homely as their house in Bhopal. That of course, was when Dilshad was…

Rashid shook his head and went back to the kitchen.

"No! Please no Abbu please..." She begged.

"You'll get what you deserve you dirty mongrel!" He whispered in a voice that sent chills down her spine. She saw him wiping the thing she hated most. A whiplash.

"Please no..." She cried and thrashed around her legs.

"You had the guts to tell your Ammi what you saw? Well, now I'm going to make sure you never do that again!" He said coldly and hit the whiplash against the floor. Threatening her.

"Yes! Because she deserves to know! She's your-" Her words were drowned in a scream from her own mouth. She looked at her arm and saw a huge gash cutting across it. The sight of the gash invoked an unknown kind of anger in her, an anger she had never seen before.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? SCREW YOU!" She screeched before doubling over in pain as she felt another gash form across her back.

"You dare speak to me in such a manner?"

*Crack!*

"Don't you have any manners?"

*Crack!*

"You are a shame to the family!"

*CRACK!*

"I'M NOT!" Zoya yelled and sat up, sweating. She looked around frantically, and calmed down as she realized she was in her apartment. Safe. In New York. Zoya looked at her alarm clock and buried her face in her hands,

3 AM. How ironic.

Round and round we go...

Zoya sighed and fell back to sleep. It felt like a mere 5 minutes when-

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!

"OH COME ON!" She huffed and jumped off her comfy bed. Her oh so comfy bed! She quickly stomped off to the bathroom and freshened up, getting ready to face the day. She took a quick shower and set her hair. She contemplated on her outfit, as always and decided to leave it on Mitch whenever he arrives. 

Soon, the smell of scrambled eggs filled the apartment as she served herself the scrumptious meal. Just as she was about to take her first bite, the doorbell rang.

"ARGH!" She grumbled as she walked to the door to answer it.

"Hey gorgeous!" Called a smooth voice as soon as Zoya opened the door.

"Oh finally Mitch, thank god you're here!" She sighed in relief and hugged him gratefully.

"Yes I'm thanking god as well looking at your outfit right now..." He said eyeing Zoya's loose t-shirt and shorts. He was such a diva!

"Are you here to roast me or are you actually gonna help?" Zoya asked raising a brow.

"Looks like I have to!" He said smirking, causing Zoya to glare at him.

"Oy vey, what's gotten your silky hair in a knot?" Mitch asked curiously, while he raked her closet searching for the perfect outfit. Zoya sat down on her bed.

"I...had a nightmare again." Zoya said looking towards the floor. Mitch paused at his position and looked at Zoya worriedly, before dropping the shirt in his hand and kneeling in front of her.

"Oh my, the same one?" He said as he took one of Zoya's hands in his and squeezed it comfortingly.

"No, this one was different. I...actually forgot about that memory." She said and sniffled.

"What happened in this one? Let it out so you feel better." Mitch said nodding.

"He was...was hitting me in this one. T-That night I had seen him signing an illegal deal, and them hitting it off with- a-another woman and so, I told Ammi. Humi was...just a baby! So, Ammi told me not to worry and that she'd have a word with...him. So she did and, he found out that...I was the one who'd...so then he'd hit me. That night, that night and many more like it are the reasons for my -s-scars..." She let out a sob and rested her head on Mitch's shoulder.

"Shh, it's okay. You're strong Zoe, you're my strong Zoe hmm?" He said stroking her hair.

"I don't know what I'd do without you Mitch!" Zoya said in a weak voice and smiled genuinely.

"Hey, don't say that! Save it for your future boyfriend." He teased and Zoya smacked him on his arm playfully. "And now! About that outfit..."

"Do I have to?" She whined.

"Yes darling!" Mitch said in a sing-song voice.

"I GET IT. You can sing." Zoya pouted.

"Babes you have to be dressed better today! You know why, right?"

"Cause that big businessman is coming to check out our company? What does he want with Nebula Designs anyway?! I mean our company's literally named after Gamora's sister and Thanos's daughter! WHO NAMES A COMPANY AFTER THANOS'S DAUGHTER?!" Zoya said, trying to avoid the fact that she knew. That one of the people that made her life hell was working for him, on a personal level.

"Calm down hon! Nebula turned good at the end anyways. AND, our company started wayyy before Nebula's character was even released on the big screen!"

"Yeah but-"

"Back to the point, he's into constructions. He needs people like us to sketch out whatever he can't! I didn't even know you were so stupid Zoe." Mitch said and rolled his eyes.

"Again with the roasting!" Zoya said and threw a pillow at him, but he ducked and dodged it.

"Also..." Mitch sneered, his eyes glittering with mischief.

"Ohhh no. I know that tone, Don't you-" Zoya started.

"He is the hottest-"

"Na-uh!"

"most good-looking-"

"NADA!"

"Guy in the whole effing business! Forget business, I might even say New York." Mitch smirked.

"Got any proof?" Zoya asked raising a brow.

"Darling, look at any business magazine...and you'll have it!" Mitch said as he turned back to the closet and winked.

Asad drove like a maniac. He had to reach it, before he did something stupid!

"Asad! Go call your Ammi, it's almost time to open the presents! It's time she gets at least some happiness." Rashid said and thumped Asad's back.

"AMMIIIIII!" Asad yelled from the living room. Rashid rolled his eyes and held Asad's ear playfully.

"Asad, I said GO call your Ammi. Not screech like a banshee!" He chuckled.

Asad shook his head violently to shake off the memory creeping in. Focus, focus, focus! He was driving to this small company which was ready to strike a deal. Apparently this 'small company' had exquisite quality in their work, and he was desperate for a worthy graphic designing team to look over his projects.

Asad pulled over at a small and artsy building, which had been restored from an old firehouse. He rolled his eyes.

Ergh. What a sorry sight. Better get this deal done quickly so I can scram.

The women working in the small but successful company sighed as he walked through the door. A petite blonde clad in a grey suit and skirt walked up to him, swaying her waist seductively. She held out her hand for him to shake, or kiss, or whatever.

"Hi, Karen Smith." She said smiling and eyed him all over.

"Asad Ahmed Khan." He said curtly shook the said hand. Asad checked her out as she turned around and led him to her cabin.

Not bad.

He thought, about the woman or the office he didn't know. He smirked and rolled his eyes as he heard a few unbashed sighs go around as he strode. Karen opened the door to her cabin and motioned him to come in, and he obliged. 

He took a seat on a chair in front of her desk and rested his foot on his other knee, leaning back into the chair. Karen raised a brow at his demeanor and decided to make her move. She gently kept the file in her hands on her desk, and positioning herself so that he could view most of her, sat on the desk itself. Asad's prowling eyes scanned over the scene.

"Don't you want to sit in the chair?" He asked motioning to it.

"No, I'm more comfortable here." She said in a sensual voice and bent down in way that showed her cleavage. Asad was impressed, yet remained adamant.

"Now, about the deal." He said, touching the tips of his fingers together.

"Of course." She drawled and picked up the inter-office phone on her desk and barked into it. "Farooqui! In my cabin. Now."

"Oh shit." Zoya breathed as she kept down the phone.

"Yo! What happened?" Mitch called from his side of the desk, which was divided into two parts.

"S-She's called me in." She said in shock.

"HOLY CRAP-" Mitch bellowed but was stopped as Zoya placed a hand on his mouth.

"Shhh!" Zoya shushed at him with wide eyes.

"What? She's called you in when The AAK is in there! The room must be ten times hotter!!" He squealed excitedly.

"Can you shut up? I can't go in there! His PA's probably in there too!" She said, looking genuinely worried.

"And what's the problem with his PA?" Mitch questioned. Zoya motioned him to lean closer.

"H-his PA...is Tanveer." She said, almost breaking down to tears. Mitch covered his gaping mouth with his hand and sank down on his chair. The phone rang again. Zoya picked it up with shaking hands.

"Farooqui! Didn't you understand what I said? NOW!" barked Karen's voice through the phone.

"S-sorry ma'am, Mr Kapoor had called me for some help with a design. I-I'll be there right away." Zoya said flustered and kept down the phone. She looked at Mitch with glistening eyes, who looked at her apologetically and tilted his head towards their boss's cabin. Zoya took a step towards it when she was stopped by a friendly hand holding her wrist. She looked back at Mitch, who was smiling sadly. He squeezed her hand gently, giving her all the support she needed.

"Good luck." He whispered. Zoya nodded and proceeded towards the cabin.

Time to enter the belly of the beast...

Sooo that was the first chapter! Hope you guys liked it!! I've never really written an AU fic before so I'm really anxious for this one. Chappals (Crocs pls!), tomatoes, eggs, compliments (cuz why not?) and constructive criticism are all welcome!😉

Will post the second chapter soon!💗💗

Song in title: Here I Am - by Bryan Adams

Oh this is so so amazinggg😍😍😍 I loved the starting.. this is gonna be so interesting 🥳 Can’t wait to read more of this❤️

Also, thank you for the pm❤️ 

okay this was really good! I am totally hooked already! loved the character sketches and the first chapter!

also idk if you intentionally named the boss karen after the whole "karen" persona lol but if you did- clever, love it!

can't wait to read more! you write really well!

Originally posted by sj_qh_kabhi

Oh this is so so amazinggg😍😍😍 I loved the starting.. this is gonna be so interesting 🥳 Can’t wait to read more of this❤️

Also, thank you for the pm❤️ 

Thank you so so much!!! So glad you loved it😊 I can't wait to write more of this haha!!!

Love ya!💗💗

Originally posted by bindasss

okay this was really good! I am totally hooked already! loved the character sketches and the first chapter!

also idk if you intentionally named the boss karen after the whole "karen" persona lol but if you did- clever, love it!

can't wait to read more! you write really well!

Thank you so much! And yes I seriously did do that 😂. I was just confused about what to name her and I was like 'She's totally a Karen so why not just name her that?'

I kinda did that with Chad too😅

Thanks again! Love you loads💗💗

Woah! this is so damn interesting! I loved the whole character build up and I'm so excited to read further! I have a feeling it's going to be an intense love story and I'm all game for it! Asad and Zoya are very deep characters themselves and I am sure this is going to be really intriguing! You write really well which makes it all the more amazing!

I sincerely hope you plan to update this regularly and finish it since I'm hooked on this!

Update the next one soon! 

Love, 

Shreya

Originally posted by Wandering_mind

Woah! this is so damn interesting! I loved the whole character build up and I'm so excited to read further! I have a feeling it's going to be an intense love story and I'm all game for it! Asad and Zoya are very deep characters themselves and I am sure this is going to be really intriguing! You write really well which makes it all the more amazing!

I sincerely hope you plan to update this regularly and finish it since I'm hooked on this!

Update the next one soon! 

Love, 

Shreya

Thank you so much! I plan to make it an intense love story too haha! I will update as fast as possible, and get as many chapters as I can out, because I'm not going to be able to update from 7th of Oct to 31st of Oct😭😭. I promise I'll not leave this story hanging, but I can't update for the 3 weeks after this one :(. I'm so sorry! I'll give you regular updates in this week itself! Promise.

Loads of love!💗💗

P.S: (to everyone who's reading) Buddy me for PMs!

Heyya beautiful people! Thank you so much for reading this! I'll be posting a little late on my other stories, I hope you guys don't mind. I'm just really excited for this story and thus couldn't stop writing!! Note: Portions written in bold italics are flashbacks and dreams! Normal italics are thoughts and emphasis :)

Lost Without You

Chapter 2: You Had Me From Hello

Asad watched Karen keep the phone down with questioning eyes. She had an almost witch-like expression on her face when she called some employee named 'Farooqui'. The guy was probably dumb, Asad thought to himself. Karen kept the phone down smiled at him instantly, sensing his probing gaze.

"Employees...they just don't understand the first time do they?" She said and smiled animatedly. Asad nodded meekly and started looking at the artworks around Karen's cabin. They were pretty good, he was definitely impressed. Although he had a hunch that the artworks weren't by Karen herself, they seemed too creative for her. A soft knock at the cabin door brought him out of his thoughts.

"Come in." He said absentmindedly and turned around his chair to face away from a baffled Karen. He took a single look at her and was absolutely stunned by the woman in front of him. He couldn't take his eyes off her, hell he couldn't even blink! Was it her pink pouty lips, her silky hair, her doe-like brown eyes or her perfect figure he didn't know.
He had dated many women from super-models to actresses, but he had never been so captivated by any of them. For the first time, Asad had found a woman 'beautiful'. Otherwise it had always been "hot" or "sexy". 
Shaking the thought off, he contemplated. He only 'wanted' her after all.

And damn do I want her.

"Oh, Farooqui. You're here, finally. Get me the files you have for the project you're working on. The Manhattan one?" Karen asked a nervous Zoya.

"Uh b-but-"

"Just get me the files Farooqui." Karen glared at her and said through gritted teeth, but was surprised when Asad held up a hand to stop Zoya.

"You were saying something gorgeous?" Asad said to her, with a small smirk on his face. Zoya's eyes widened in an expression that she thought said, "Excuse me asshole?!".

Okay, WHAT. Who the fu- frick does this guy think he is?! Tony Stark?!

"Uh, no? I-I wasn't saying anything." Zoya spluttered. 

Asad eyed her figure and raised a brow. "Are you sure?" He asked huskily, making Karen swoon behind his back, but Zoya was steady as a rock. She raised a proud brow and turned to him confidently.

"Yeah, I'm sure. It's none of your concern anyways." Zoya said monotonously and almost sprinted out of the cabin to get the requested file. Karen glared at her retreating back for speaking this way to Asad, but Asad just took in the shape of her perfect waist and her hair swaying as she walked. Asad turned back around to face Karen, who still had a smile plastered on her face.

"Who was that?" He asked in a low, seductive voice that startled Karen.

"O-Oh that, that was just Ms Farooqui. She's the head designer." Karen said casually, twirling a lock of her hair around her finger.

"I meant, what's her name?" He whispered in her ear, startling her (and pleasuring) even more.

"Z-Zoya...Zoya Farooqui." Karen breathed and motioned to touch his chest, but he moved away instantly. Asad watched her from between the blinds of Karen's cabin. He was stunned yet again, this time by her perfect curves as she bent down on her desk to talk to someone.

"Hmm." He only said, trying to think straight. Desire was shooting through him like a storm. He had wanted many women before, but why did this one seem, more...intense? Again, he shook the thought off and remembered what day it was. Why he needed to get his mind off it and why he'd driven here to distract himself.

He needed to have some action to get his mind off his Ammi's birthday...and death anniversary. He was crumbling inside, but sexual action always helped him out of it. No feelings involved. Or drinking, but his father didn't like it. More like hated it. He contemplated drowning himself in his work, but that wasn't enough. Almost every week, he would sleep with a different woman, shooing her out of his bedroom the day after. The women seemed satisfied, so he never felt any kind of sympathy for them.

Forget it. If I can't have her, I'll have her boss. What's so 'special' about her anyways?

Zoya speed walked to her and Mitch's desk and bent down to whisper to Mitch, who was wearing headphones.

"Mitch!" She said. No response.

"Mitch!!" She whispered more harshly this time, still no response. Giving up, she yanked out a single headphone and yelled into his ear, "MITCH!"

"Good god woman you scared me!" Mitch clutched his chest and whispered back.

"Listen, give me the files for the huge Manhattan project. Regina George needs it." She said.

"I'm sorry, who?" Mitch blinked several times and asked.

"Regi- oh forget it Karen needs it." Zoya huffed. Mitch looked confused.

"Zoe, isn't that incomplete?" He asked as he dug out the files from a drawer. Zoya looked at him helplessly.

"I know! I tried to tell her but the bitch won't listen! Now she'll blame me if she loses the deal with Mr. Asshole..."

"Uhh, WHO?!" Mitch asked apprehensively, folding his arms.

"Yes, Mr. Asshole. I don't know how his big head fit in that cabin." She said and glared at the frosted glass doors of her boss's cabin.

"Okay...moving on." Mitch dodged the matter smoothly and said, "Are you okay? I mean is...Tanveer..."

"Oh no, thankfully she isn't there." Zoya said and smiled genuinely, not aware of the beast of desire she had evoked within a person sitting in the very cabin she so loathed.

"Here..." Mitch muttered, handing a fat file to Zoya. "Just tell her that the digital rendering hasn't been done yet okay?" He said.

"Yeah I know. Thanks." Zoya said and hurried off to the cabin. She knocked more confidently this time.

"Come in." Came a female voice now, the one Zoya was used to. She couldn't help but notice that the voice seemed kinda breathy. Oh my god was she dying? HECK YEAH! Zoya stifled a laugh at her thoughts. She entered the cool air conditioned room and wished she hadn't the moment she saw what was transpiring.

'The AAK' and Karen, her FREAKING boss, were making out shamelessly on a desk.

What... the... hell?

"Mmmh, Farooqui, put it over ther-oh!" Karen moaned as Asad skillfully nipped at her neck. Zoya's eyes remained wide as saucers as she took precise aim and threw the file on a spot of the desk that wasn't occupied.

"MMHM! Oh yes! Yes!" Karen moaned, Asad groaned responsively and wrapped Karen's legs around his waist.

"You're so hot..." He said huskily as Karen tried catching a breath, before Asad went down on her neck again. Zoya couldn't help but notice he was exceptionally good at this. She mentally slapped herself for not focusing on the task at hand.

ESCAPE ESCAPE ESCAPE!

Trying to avert her gaze as she saw an unadulterated display of tongues, Zoya literally sprinted out of the cabin. Thanking God that she preferred flats. Zoya almost slammed the door shut and stood against it. Looking as if she had just been petrified.

"Lemme guess, they were having sex?" said a smug voice from beside her, startling Zoya to death. "Hey, no need to get scared! I'm Amir, Mr Khan's Project Manager." Zoya saw a kind faced man, probably in his 40s, hold out a friendly hand for her to shake. She nodded and shook his hand gently.

"So?" He asked, his eyes darting between Zoya and the cabin door.

"Oh that, hehe. No thankfully they were just making out." She sighed in relief, wondering what kind of hell this poor guy might've been through if he knew what happened in all those 'cabins'. "But thanks for the warning." She whispered and Amir chuckled. "I'm Zoya Farooqui. Nice to meet you! I'll be looking forward to seeing you again." She said politely.

"Yes, if we get through with the deal. Which is getting more obvious by the second-" he was interrupted by a loud moan from the cabin. Amir sighed in annoyance. Zoya laughed and cringed at the door.

"I'll see you later I guess?" Amir said, making finger guns.

Zoya laughed. "Yep! See ya later." She too made finger guns and proceeded towards her's and Mitch's desk to tell him that the deal was DEFINITELY on.

Rashid was busy washing his used dishes, listening to music and vibing when the doorbell of the luxurious apartment that his son had gifted him rang. He quickly wiped his hands on his apron and removed it. The long walkway to the door irritated him, but he was thankful to Asad nevertheless.

"ABBUUUU!" boomed a joyful young voice throughout the apartment.

"Ayaan! Give your old man a hug c'mon!" Rashid chuckled and pulled Ayaan into a loving bear-hug.

"Hey, where's Bhai?" Ayaan asked, his eyes scanning the apartment for Asad.

"He's gone for work. You know how he is today..." Rashid said defeated.

"Oh yeah. Sorry." Ayaan muttered.

"Anyway, get settled! I'll order pizza!." Rashid said, clamping his hands together.

"With Bhaijaan coming in the evening? No thanks I choose life!" Ayaan said and guffawed, Rashid rolled his eyes. "You know how much he hates pizza!"

"Yeah okay. I'll heat up some leftover pasta from yesterday..." Rashid grumbled.

"Yo Zoya!" Mitch called from another end of their office. "What format do I use for the new canvas again?!"

"How many times Mitch? CMYK for the canvas and JPEG as the image format if you wanna print it!" Zoya hollered back across the spacious room. Causing many friendly laughs and chuckles to go around. They all were used to this lively atmosphere in the office. Sometimes it was dampened by their boss, but Zoya being the next in charge, instantly assured them that they're okay.

"Kay thanks!" He yelled. Zoya went back to her iPad to continue sketching a rough copy of a client's task. Her client was a fashion designer, and wanted to create realistic versions of her dresses. The client was definitely not acquainted with technology so thus she came to Nebula Designs. Zoya continued stroking her iPencil along the skirt that was flowing down to the models ankles, until her phone rang. She broke out of her zone and answered it, not noticing the name on the screen.

"Hello?" She said hurriedly.

"Hey, Zoya." Drawled a voice from the other end, Zoya froze. "Doing well, I suppose? Asad is coming to your office today I heard."

"What do you want Tanveer?" Zoya whispered through gritted teeth. Why couldn't she just...die?!

"Oh, going straight to the point are we? Hmm, I like that."

"I don't care, about what you like or don't like." She said angrily, Mitch had come back to his desk and instantly understood what was going on.

"You know what I want Zoe."

"Don't call me that!"

"Easy there tiger! One wrong move, and I could easily tell him. Now it's even easier for him you know." She threatened coldly.

"W-what do you mean? A-Abbu's in India right?...RIGHT?!" Zoya said, not being able to control the panic attack coming over her. What did she mean? Abbu can't be...Ya Allah what's happening?!
Mitch was instantly by her side as she spoke, placing a calming hand on her shoulder and squeezing it lightly.

"Oh! You don't know? Abbu's in New York. We all live together now. Abbu runs his business and I work as Asad Ahmed Khan's PA."

"W-when did he come here?" she whispered in shock.

"Two months ago. That's why I told you, Zoe! One wrong move, and I can bring you down." Tanveer said and cut the call. Leaving a shaken and almost broken Zoya sitting on her chair, clutching the receiver to her chest.

"He's here." She breathed to a worried Mitch.

"What? Who? W-who's here Zoya?" He said frantically searching for his bottle of water. "Here, have some water first."

Zoya nodded gratefully and took a sip before speaking. "Gaffur Abbas Siddiqui, m-my father. God, I don't even want to call him that!" She said laughing lightly and crying at the same time. Mitch beamed at her. He couldn't understand how she could be laughing after all the shit that had been thrown her way!

"Oh dear." Mitch whispered. "Are you, okay?" He asked, taking her hand into his.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just when this day couldn't get any worse.' She sighed.

"And Tanveer, why...?"

"Oh the usual. 'Give me what I want' and 'one wrong move and I'll tell Abbu where you are' BS. I don't understand! She's literally  Mr. Asshole's PA, so she probably gets a lotta dough at the end of the month, then where does all the money go?!"

"I don't know, she probably only asks 'cause she wants to cause you problems?" Mitch said shrugging. 

"Nah she's not that naive. I guess she just spends it away. Anyways, as usual I'll just transfer the money to her." Zoya said rolling her eyes and got back to work. Mitch thanked the one above for letting Zoya into his life.

Asad sat staring at the skyline, leaning against his chair in his own apartment in Madison Ave which was pretty close to his father's house in Lexington Ave. He took a huge swig and grunted. The twinkling lights of New York City at night were illuminating the dark living room.

"Ammi? Ammi where are you? It's time to open your gifts!" Asad called out through the corridor of their Villa. "Ammi!" He called again.

Asad took another swig of the whiskey he was gulping down directly from the bottle. He hadn't had anyone in bed to take his mind off today's date, so the last option was to drink.

He walked through the corridor, calling out for his Ammi and opening every door to check behind it. He was happy, his dad was happy, everyone was happy! She deserved to be happy too!

Asad lifted up the bottle to take another gulp, but nothing met his lips. He glared at the empty bottle and threw it on the ground, shattering it. Taking support of multiple chairs and tables, he reached the mini-bar and pulled out another bottle from the shelves. Popping out the cork, he put the bottle to his lips and gulped. He drank like he had just come out of a desert, wanting to drown himself in the sensations rising. He wanted to forget, to not be aware that his Ammi was long gone.

He reached the end of the corridor and slowly opened the door. The sight in front of him froze his blood.

"AMMIIIII!!!"

"AMMIIIII!!!" he let out a gutteral cry and smashed the second empty bottle to the floor. Staggering and swaying, he picked up his jacket and headed out the door. Not aware that he had forgotten the exclusive keys to the door. He walked out of the building in his drunk state and walked towards where he thought was his Abbu's house. Taking support of flustered people and the buildings and cars around him, he walked down the street which gradually became darker and quieter.

"Why did you leave us Ammi... weren't we enough?" He slurried. He continued walking down the unknown lane, reminiscing about his mother. 

Asad let out a loud "OOF" as he bumped into a soft but sturdy body. "Get the f*ck outta my way!" He said drunkenly.

"What in the- oh you've gotta be shitting me." Said a royally pissed Zoya.

Bahahaha! So that was the second chapter people! Will update the next one soon!!

Please do let me know your thoughts on it!!!

Love you loads ❤️❤️

P.S: Buddy me for PMs!!

Wow wow wow.... intense it's gonna be